Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incorrect PRTB Registration

Options
  • 06-05-2009 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭

I've got a query that someone here might be able to help with. Today a PRTB registration notice arrived at my house. The problem is that it's informing someone that I've never heard of with my address that their landlord has registered their tenancy. The address is sufficiently correct that it only identifies my particular house. My occupancy is exempt from the tenancy registration system and the owner of the house certainly didn't register this unknown person.

Can anyone suggest common reasons/problems that would cause a mis-registration of this sort. Do any particular steps need to be taken to sort it out before it causes hassle?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

For the information of anyone else who has this happen:

I rang them this morning. They think that it's most likely a clerical error that occurred along the way. I got the house owner to return the registration notice to the PRTB along with a cover letter to explain that it's incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Clerical / typing errors are legendary in the PRTB. I'd love to see the 3sq.m. 100 room apartment (meant to be the other way around).

Advertisement