Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Was playing last nite (only started so not sure what the hell is going on) and after 30 or minutes I noticed there were no bloodstains, hints or white ghosts running about.
    I was still logged into the PSN so was there an issue with the DS servers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

ChrisBrady wrote: »
    Just ordered the delux edition off VG+ for about €65!
    I should be happy to learn that DS lives up to the reputation set here, yes?

One note, stick with it, first impressions are very different from an hour or 2 into the game.

so anyway i've changed my mind the moon kijii is far superior to the crescent. At the moment its my black phantom invader slayer, it in conjunction with the spiked shield+10 are a great combo. Scraping spear is fun in PVP, use it in a PVP and get a message from another player cursig you for costing then 10K souls in repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

I'm not a great lover of RPGs but the more I follow this thread the more I wanna get this game.

Is there any reason why it wasn't released in Europe?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Was playing last nite (only started so not sure what the hell is going on) and after 30 or minutes I noticed there were no bloodstains, hints or white ghosts running about.
    I was still logged into the PSN so was there an issue with the DS servers?

Not sure about last night specifically but any time I'm playing (US version) there's always plenty of ghosts and messages etc. (Assume your talking about 1-1 and not the tutorial level)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Not sure about last night specifically but any time I'm playing (US version) there's always plenty of ghosts and messages etc. (Assume your talking about 1-1 and not the tutorial level)

Ya it was 1-1. The last few days I was playing there we're plenty of ghosts. There was nothing last nite after 7.30pm.

I wasnt too bothered as I FINALLY completed 1-1 after 3 days of trying/crying.

• Advertisement

Lol think I know that level off by heart almost now, such a great game though. Have only completed 1-1, 1-2 and 2-1 myself. Found that guide book invaluable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

smooch71 wrote: »
    I'm not a great lover of RPGs but the more I follow this thread the more I wanna get this game.

It isn't an RPG in the classical sense. I don't like RPG's either as I find the majority of them to be tediously long, the character relationships contrived and the dialogue long winded. There is very little dialogue in Demons Souls. Imo it's closer to Devil May Cry than an RPG, a very tactical, atmospheric and intricate Devil May Cry.

L31mr0d wrote: »
    It isn't an RPG in the classical sense. I don't like RPG's either as I find the majority of them to be tediously long, the character relationships contrived and the dialogue long winded. There is very little dialogue in Demons Souls. Imo it's closer to Devil May Cry than an RPG, a very tactical, atmospheric and intricate Devil May Cry.

Ok, I'm convinced.

Thanks

Is there any reason why it wasn't released in Europe?

People did'nt think it it would be such a hit, there's lot of games released in asia that will never see the light of day here. Word got around about this game and atlus published for the US, again totally underestimating the games popularity they ran out fo copies. Word is it will be relased here, due to populariy of in the US. Its been the number 1 board on gamefaqs for the past few months.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Started back into this again the last two days with a new character. I got through 1-1 on my first try but can't beat the tower knight. This game is so frustrating but yet I still keep playing! Even getting to the tower knight is tough with those two tough knights just before him and those stupid dogs occasionally fluking me. I figured out his pattern but got hit on the noggin with his shield and he ****ed my up :( I'll get him tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Started back into this again the last two days with a new character. I got through 1-1 on my first try but can't beat the tower knight. This game is so frustrating but yet I still keep playing! Even getting to the tower knight is tough with those two tough knights just before him and those stupid dogs occasionally fluking me. I figured out his pattern but got hit on the noggin with his shield and he ****ed my up :( I'll get him tonight!

I'm exactly where you are, with my first character. I die 4 out of five times on the blue knights, get in, slaughter all the guys on the parapets, then get squished by the sodding tower knight.

On the plus side, I did manage to kill that spider in 2-1, so baby steps.

Always explore a bit more and level up when going for knight. Do 2-1, some of 3-1, 4-1 is a tough but good place to level up, also got some nice weapons lying around like the compound long bow and kijii. Pump up one of the bows, buy 90-100 arrows and take down the dragon first. Makes 1-2 so much easier. Also blue knights are amazingly weak against parries and you can 1shot them most of the times with a parry, just time it right which is'nt too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Always explore a bit more and level up when going for knight. Do 2-1, some of 3-1, 4-1 is a tough but good place to level up, also got some nice weapons lying around like the compound long bow and kijii. Pump up one of the bows, buy 90-100 arrows and take down the dragon first. Makes 1-2 so much easier. Also blue knights are amazingly weak against parries and you can 1shot them most of the times with a parry, just time it right which is'nt too hard.

Cheers. I'm terrible with the parries. I'm a knight at the moment, with no magic at all, and I sit behind my shield mostly. It's dispiriting but an awesome game. I've never felt like I was cheated except when locked on the tower knight, the camera spazzes on him up close.

I'll take down the dragon. Does that stay gone or does it come back?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

90 bleeding CNDs for the Deluxe Edition.

noodler wrote: »
    90 bleeding CNDs for the Deluxe Edition.

But that's less than €60 excluding the shipping of course. It's only $70 for the standard edition.

If you're to believe this thread, it's well worth it. Just ordered it myself

What's included in the deluxe edition??

But that's less than €60 excluding the shipping of course. It's only $70 for the standard edition.

If you're to believe this thread, it's well worth it. Just ordered it myself

Did you get 15 CND for delivery as well?

noodler wrote: »
    Did you get 15 CND for delivery as well?

Yeah but again it was about half that for the standard one.

I ordered a Dual Shock aswell so that put the total shipping up to 30 bucks which I make to be just under €20

Yeah but again it was about half that for the standard one.

I ordered a Dual Shock aswell so that put the total shipping up to 30 bucks which I make to be just under €20

Thanks for the reply. Confirm button clicked and plunge taken.

Poor credit card.

They better not release a bleeding EU version now!

Might be worth something in time.

What's included in the deluxe edition??

DELUXE EDITION: You will receive a 150+ page strategy guide (only available as part of
    the deluxe version, not for sale anywhere else) and a collectible outer slipcase, in addition to
    the game itself. Also every PRE-ORDER for the DELUXE EDITION version of Demon's Souls will
    come with a free BONUS art book with designs and concept sketches from the world of Demon's Souls

Seeing as the game is available ex-stock I'm not sure about the bonus art book

• Advertisement

Snakeblood wrote: »
    I've never felt like I was cheated except when locked on the tower knight, the camera spazzes on him up close.

I'll take down the dragon. Does that stay gone or does it come back?

Were you locked onto his head instead of his feet at the time? The red dragon stays gone once he was killed from the bridge tower in 1-2 for me. You can almost kill him in 1-1 if you're trying for the flame shield but he flies off when his health gets low (or maybe he was bored of getting hit with my puny arrows at the time!). Still allows you to get the shield though.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Were you locked onto his head instead of his feet at the time? The red dragon stays gone once he was killed from the bridge tower in 1-2 for me. You can almost kill him in 1-1 if you're trying for the flame shield but he flies off when his health gets low (or maybe he was bored of getting hit with my puny arrows at the time!). Still allows you to get the shield though.

In 1-1 I sneakily ran up to get the shield while he was blowing fire on the bridge. He returned sharpish and scorched me a few times though but I managed to escape with my booty.

Lol good stuff. I edged closer and closer to the loot until his flames started to get me - there's some blind spots that let you get close enough to some of the corpses to be able to run, loot and then run off the side to safety. But had to use the arrow approach to get the shield.
    The game sure does make you appreciate everything you get. :)

I just sacrificed myself and got toasted getting that and the 2nd load of loot. Also Worth sacrificing yourself to pick up the winged spear loot from the 2nd body on the first par of tthe bridge on 1-2. Alternatively, kill phalanx, kill the dragon which gets the world to PW and the 2 dragons dissapear from the 1-1 perch.

I just sacrificed myself and got toasted getting that and the 2nd load of loot. Also Worth sacrificing yourself to pick up the winged spear loot from the 2nd body on the first par of tthe bridge on 1-2. Alternatively, kill phalanx, kill the dragon which gets the world to PW and the 2 dragons dissapear from the 1-1 perch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Started back into this again the last two days with a new character. I got through 1-1 on my first try but can't beat the tower knight. This game is so frustrating but yet I still keep playing!

Like others have said, try doing the x-1 areas first. I think I'd completely cleared all of Stonefang tunnel before clearing the Tower Knight.

The way I defeated him was
    to use the winged spear (upgraded to level 5 or 6 I think), take out all the archers first, then take off all my armour for the added agility and speed, then wait just at the top of the stairs for him to shoot his beam, run down and behind him, hack at his ankles a few times, then run back up the stairs and heal if necessary... then repeat. When he falls it's crucial to get as many hits in as possible on his head. Also, stabbing him in the groin when he's down doesn't do any additional damage (yes, I tried it :D)
    Even getting to the tower knight is tough with those two tough knights just before him

It's so satisfying to come back to that area later in the game and kill those Knights with just 1 hit :D

Shipped two hours ago. Damn they are quick.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

L31mr0d wrote: »
    It's so satisfying to come back to that area later in the game and kill those Knights with just 1 hit :D
    Whenever i get really frustrated with the game, i got back to 1-1 and kill the red eye'd demon near that locked door. That ****er tormented me for a while, now i can actually have a good fight against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ankh98

This is currently sitting on my shelf. I'm waiting with trepidation for a decent window of opportunity to give a go and all the time i'm getting more and more anxious about it... can't wait (i think)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Niska

Haven't been playing this as much as I'd like - damn you Fallout 3:GOTY!

However, my plans to give this play priority this weekend may be a mistake.....

http://www.atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4901

Advertisement