Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

How does my soul level go up? I got my first stat increases from your blind GF in the nexus but is that the same as soul level?

Had a run through of 1-1, finally killed red eyes by arrowing him and leading him to a pit cos I'm a coward. Had lots of points so blew them on stat increases. Started 2-1 if thats Valley of Darkness or something. Horrible level, stupif Fire yolks take energy off me even if I block. Am still at the start of that level with no discernible short cuts and I have wasted all my herbs and arrows.

Would have to redo 1-1 or something to restock but I really couldnpt be arsed. Time for a break before I end up hating the game.

2-1 is a really poor level by comparisn to 1-1 or 1-2 imo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Stonefang Tunnel? It's not a bad level at all I thought. The main slow enemies aren't too bad as long as you use the parry move because they take a lot of damage if you hit them normally. A few arrows come in handy for the fire salamanders. I found it tough as well but it was doable and the last shortcut leads you practically to the boss.

Soul level is just how many times you upgraded your stats.

I just got killed by a big ball of flailing limbs and swords in 3-1 :/

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Stonefang Tunnel? It's not a bad level at all I thought. The main slow enemies aren't too bad as long as you use the parry move because they take a lot of damage if you hit them normally. A few arrows come in handy for the fire salamanders. I found it tough as well but it was doable and the last shortcut leads you practically to the boss.

Soul level is just how many times you upgraded your stats.

I just got killed by a big ball of flailing limbs and swords in 3-1 :/

Grr... its bleeding 5-1 I have been doing according to the guide. It was a fairly low down pedestal so I assumed it was the next world. Only thing I have gotten from it was a morning star sword.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Stonefang use a stabbing weapon, miners are weak against stabbing weapons, they're unusually resistant to any other type of weapon, blunt, slash etc, upgrade the crap out the winged spear picked up from 1-2. Worth dong 3-1 for the moon stones, get spear to +6 then upgrade to moon, makes short work of miners in 2-1 and 2-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ankh98

Having just spent plenty of time with this over the weekend, i'm enjoying it (for the moment) took me a while to get into it. It's fun, but a giant pain in the arse at the same time!

I beat the boss of 1-1 last night, on the first go, wasn't too difficult really (having a harder time with the red eyed night in 1-1). Any way, so upgraded a few stats and went straight into 1-2. Got all the way to the end of 1-2 and went through the fog (behind the two blue eyed knights). The last thing i was expecting was a boss! Maybe i panicked a little :p, i died anyway, leaving a tonne of souls behind as well. Now i can't past the first bridge cos the dragon fries me each time, cos i'm in soul form, even with the ring that bumps your health up

So i'm onto 2-1 now and gonna do a bit of stat grinding to get a bit more badass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

ankh98 wrote: »
    Now i can't past the first bridge cos the dragon fries me each time, cos i'm in soul form, even with the ring that bumps your health up

Watch where the dragon swoops down from and wait just out of his reach. As soon as he screams and starts down the bridge sprint after him. You may run out of stamina but you can make it to the safety of the tower before he comes back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you hold down O you sprint. You won't get fried on the first section of bridge with it or the last. The middle section you'll have to venture under the bridge and face those annoying dogs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

And I think it really is worth the effort to kill him from that tower with how ever many arrows to save yourself tons of grief in 1-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Having just spent plenty of time with this over the weekend, i'm enjoying it (for the moment) took me a while to get into it. It's fun, but a giant pain in the arse at the same time!

I beat the boss of 1-1 last night, on the first go, wasn't too difficult really (having a harder time with the red eyed night in 1-1). Any way, so upgraded a few stats and went straight into 1-2. Got all the way to the end of 1-2 and went through the fog (behind the two blue eyed knights). The last thing i was expecting was a boss! Maybe i panicked a little :p, i died anyway, leaving a tonne of souls behind as well. Now i can't past the first bridge cos the dragon fries me each time, cos i'm in soul form, even with the ring that bumps your health up

So i'm onto 2-1 now and gonna do a bit of stat grinding to get a bit more badass.

You're defo better off doing 2-1 before 1-2. Get a spear as the miners are tough to kill with a sword.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    And I think it really is worth the effort to kill him from that tower with how ever many arrows to save yourself tons of grief in 1-2.

Didn't find the dragon to be any trouble, very easy to get by really.

Also I didn't mind fighting the miners with my axe, parry usually takes them out swiftly enough and they are easy to read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

You're defo better off doing 2-1 before 1-2. Get a spear as the miners are tough to kill with a sword.

What strength do you need to use the winged spear?

I have it but can't use it.

smooch71 wrote: »
    Watch where the dragon swoops down from and wait just out of his reach. As soon as he screams and starts down the bridge sprint after him. You may run out of stamina but you can make it to the safety of the tower before he comes back.

Will definitely give that a go later. Thanks. I think i nearly got away with it last night. I was waiting at the bridge and a phantom appeared to be waiting as well. I'm not sure who went first, whether i followed him or he followed me. Either way i died so there's a good possibility he died as well.

Got this and the Winged Spear, don't have the stats for the Winged Spear yet. The pick axe i picked up off one of them seems to do pretty well against the slug men. Those big fat fire guys are a pain, but a couple of arrows to the head soon sort them out!

Str 13, Dex 12. That wiki link is incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Took me a few hours of grinding around 1-1 to get the strength. Worth it in the end as I got to a level where i could hold the flame shield in one hand.

Didn't find the dragon to be any trouble, very easy to get by really.

Agreed he's not a problem on the bridge, but if you want the Purple Flame Shield without dying it's worth taking him out.

As a early hunter at the moment I can't use the Purple Flame Shield properly.

If you want to kill Red-Eyes in 1-1 then just lure him down to the pit a couple of floors down. You won't get his loot that way but you will get the souls.

I read it is possible to make him fall down the stairs or something and he will die that way too though.

One thing about this game, you really are an expert at a level by the time you complete it.

Can anyone tell me when I am first going to be suceptible to Phantom invaders, or to be able to invade myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

noodler wrote: »

Can anyone tell me when I am first going to be suceptible to Phantom invaders, or to be able to invade myself?

Once you finish the first level.

Do you have to not be in soul form. I've only ever had one person join me in co-op and that was after I finished 1-1 and started 1-2. He must have thought I was a dope when I went tear assing over the 3rd segment of the bridge and got nicely flame grilled, still it was my first time in the level.

When am I ever NOT in Soul Form is the question.

Just beat 2-1, that boss really reminded me of the South Park episode about Christianity.

Giant Spider and all that (things creep me out). He was a bit easy cos ofthe hiding places.

So how to invade someones game now?

The souped up spear for 2-1 makes a huge difference Retro, u can one hit kill all the miners with R2 from a significant range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just beat 2-1, that boss really reminded me of the South Park episode about Christianity.

Giant Spider and all that (things creep me out). He was a bit easy cos ofthe hiding places.

So how to invade someones game now?

The souped up spear for 2-1 makes a huge difference Retro, u can one hit kill all the miners with R2 from a significant range.
    I think you get the stones that let you invade right at the start of 3-1, you can't get invaded if you're in soul form.

I'll try upgrading the one I got from 1-1 after killing the dragon in 1-2. I've kind of grown attached to my axe though, I feel like gimli :)

Anyone know what the requirements are to use magic? I bought soul arrows from the vendor in nexus but can't use them yet and I think they might help in 3-1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Ziggurat

Do you have a catalyst? And do you have the spell memorised?

Ziggurat wrote: »
    Do you have a catalyst? And do you have the spell memorised?

I found it quite amusing when i had the catalyst and i was wondering what it was for. I had no magic at the time and when you hit R1 your fella would have a munch on it and scratch his head.

I was scratching my head along with him, cos i was wondering what it was supposed to do!

Then i found the guy in the nexus that sold magic spells. It all soon fell into place :D

My MP bar is full (not sure how much I have), I have catalysts but haven't used them and I have the spell memorised but it's greyed out in the d-pad menu.

I'll try upgrading the one I got from 1-1 after killing the dragon in 1-2. I've kind of grown attached to my axe though, I feel like gimli :)

Anyone know what the requirements are to use magic? I bought soul arrows from the vendor in nexus but can't use them yet and I think they might help in 3-1?

Yeah do, I tried it with the axe but it means getting close and less power. Its nice to one-hit them becasue they are only worth 3 souls a piece.
    I found it quite amusing when i had the catalyst and i was wondering what it was for. I had no magic at the time and when you hit R1 your fella would have a munch on it and scratch his head.

I was scratching my head along with him, cos i was wondering what it was supposed to do!

Then i found the guy in the nexus that sold magic spells. It all soon fell into place :D

Is that the wooden catalyst?

Crap , think I might have dumped that to make space.

Is that the wooden catalyst?

Crap , think I might have dumped that to make space.

Yep, you need to have the catalyst in either of your hands to cast a spell. I found the one i've got on one of the towers in 1-2.

Thanks a million. Going to kick some ass in 3-1 tonight with that advice. That ball of limbs and magic is going to get ****ed up :)

Thanks a million. Going to kick some ass in 3-1 tonight with that advice. That ball of limbs and magic is going to get ****ed up :)

Well all the best to ya. Hope it gets what's coming to it. I for one have the boss at the end of 2-1 to contend with tonight! Haven't actually seen it yet as i keep dying really stupid deaths towards the end of the level. But tonight it's soul shall be mine! :pac:

• Advertisement

2-1's boss isn't too bad. His pattern is easy to figure out and the shortcuts you open up leave you very close to him so it's not like 1-2 where you have to do the whole level all over again.

I'm always dying stupid deaths in the game as well, usually when I'm exploring somewhere new and end up falling off something.

Advertisement