Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

noodler wrote: »
    Killed the Red Dragon. Can I kill the blue one?

Having trouble on 4-1 once I get to the cliff with golden skeletons. Bloody flying stingray are using hat seaking icicles. Very annoying. Just spammed my strength so I could use the steel shield. Hope it helps, Ive trid it about 6 times.

Use the thief ring and those rays won't see you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Guide says it is in 1-1 but I never found it.

You'll need it for 4-2 as well.

You can get it at the start of 4-2 if you can make it that far. There's a guy called patches who'll kick you into the pit. after you come bakc up kill him and you get the ring.

Kicking ass now.

Just beat the Maneater, the dirty collosus, and my first archdemon, The old Monk (strangely easy).

All level 2s done now.

You need to do a jump off a stairs to get it in level 1-1.
    Google is your friend.

Get the ring and those Fkn annoying rays won't be a problem anymore.

• Advertisement

jayteecork wrote: »
    You need to do a jump off a stairs to get it in level 1-1.
    Google is your friend.

Get the ring and those Fkn annoying rays won't be a problem anymore.

Done and done, Adjudicator was fairly easy. He seemed to be very weak to the Heavy Crossbow when I aimed for the top bit.

I then went and finished off the tower Knight. Previously he would kill me before I got a hit in but yesterday a few R2s sent him crashing, then his other ankle and then an r2 to his head takes half his health.

Two demons in one days - yay. Now done 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 3-1, 4-1,

Will probably try 5-1 next.

Whats an Arch Demon? Screen said I couldn't move onto 1-3 without beating one.

ArchDemons are supposedly more powerful mid game bosses.

I murdered the Old Monk fairly easily though.

I just beat 1-3 there, some knight boss called the predator or something. Easy enough.

Really getting the hang of it now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Whats an Arch Demon? Screen said I couldn't move onto 1-3 without beating one.

It's just the final boss of a world. World 2's archdemon is probably the easiest to kill to get access to 1-3 and beyond.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    It's just the final boss of a world. World 2's archdemon is probably the easiest to kill to get access to 1-3 and beyond.

You weren't kidding.

Just killed the Dragon God. (after i found out you DON'T attack directly!)

That's two archdemons in the bag.

Edit: Three now. Just owned the Storm King

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

5-1 is extremely annoying! Pathways are too thin, very hard to fight enemies from a distance. Is it better to do any of the other levels first (2-2, 3-2 or 4-2) to raise up my magic stats?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Wait till you get to 5-2. i always do 5 last because its the most annoying of all the worlds, nemies are'nt that tough but its just a mean\evil world plus the soul return is miserly. Find it better to do the other levels first and raise magic for the giant goblins, melee against them is tough as there's no maneuvre room and it next to impossible in 5-2. Thiefs ring and good bow and arrow are best for world 5, you can take out most goblins from range.

Killed the Red Dragon. Can I kill the blue one?

Yes towards the end of 1-4 you get your chance. Purple Flame Shield, Ring of Flame Resist, tons of arrows and/or magic and standing in the safe spot will help.
    Is it better to do any of the other levels first (2-2, 3-2 or 4-2) to raise up my magic stats?

The start of 4-2 is a great place to farm souls if you have a decent bow and the Ring of Avarice (Soul Thirst spell helps too if you have it). Drop down from the archstone, run down the tunnel past the merchant and kill the reaper with your bow from the ledge - 2 heavy arrows should do the trick. You'll get the souls from the reaper and those ghost dudes. Run back through the tunnel and off the edge where the mantas are flying about and die, one reload later and yer back to repeat. You can get a decent amount of souls and level your stats up this way.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Yes towards the end of 1-4 you get your chance. Purple Flame Shield, Ring of Flame Resist, tons of arrows and/or magic and standing in the safe spot will help.

Once you run passed his initial attack you cna just stand inside the door and nuke him with soul ray. He can't touch you.

Just be sure to bring a ton of fresh spice (I needed ~30)

On the last boss now, he's actually can decrease your soul level.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah have moved onto 4-2, tricky but managable so far. Have fought my way past the second reaper, and despite a few complete losses of souls along the way (almost cried when my 15,000 souls were ripped away from me!) I think I can handle it (even though the spirits with laser eyes are making it difficult!).

Have to use the bow more - so far I've just been keeping myself equipped with tonnes of spice.

I really liked him even though he's tough enough, thought he looked cool! :)
    almost cried when my 15,000 souls were ripped away from me!

That level almost had me in tears too, died near the end of it leaving 80,000+ souls on the floor (which was loads at the time) and thought, oh crap I might not make it back. Luckily I did. Cool level though. That second reaper can be picked off from near the top of the stairs too - you can see him off in the distance hiding.

Only just started my 2nd game cycle and still njoying it - Flamelurker still a pain. I had several worlds to do in the first cycle when I my joypad fell out of my hand and I whacked Stockpile Thomas in the face! So I couldn't get any items back from him or store anything - cue tons of levelling Vit to get my item burden up. Such a relief to be back friendly with him again - and PS button ftw! :)

The bloodstain you dropped can be collected and has the equvalent amount of souls for a new soul level. i used bomb through that level, get the stain ignoring allant, evacuate and visit the maiden straight away.

Water veil is a must for the blue dragon, drastically reduces fire damage. equip ring of flame res, old king dorans armour(high fire res) and caste water veil.

Lost 550k souls once, long story but it involved forgetting about the BP dual katana skeleton and running into him on my dash to collect the stain. It was only 2 souls levels but it still hurt. got it back in notime by soul sucking the BP for 60K a pop. It was NG++++ and i was getting about 250K per run through of 4-3 to 4-2.

Just beat the game.

Was a cake walk in the end. I think once I got used to the game's system it was a cinch.

You can go to 4-2, kill the grim reaper and buy as much grasses and spices as you want.

Beat every archdemon pretty much on the first go, took me maybe 4 attempts at the False King. The very last boss, the old one, is a complete joke.

Don't think I'lll bother running through it again, too many other games to play.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think the attack patterns change up during the new game + as well as the difficulty so could be worth doing. I did hear the game gets easier as you get to the end.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I think the attack patterns change up during the new game + as well as the difficulty so could be worth doing. I did hear the game gets easier as you get to the end.

NG+ is a huge step up, its all about not getting hit, being a tank does'nt work. Alot of enemies will 1 shot you. Get into the online side of it, totally changes the experience. with both region games and characters i've completed it at least 8-9 times.

Just fought my way through 4-2 (I pretty much knew every enemy's pattern and triggers by the end!) which made it much much easier to breeze through 5-1 with the crazy amount of souls I got from it. Two relatively easy bosses actually - in 4-2 I didn't even get hit when using spells slowly from a distance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Finally got around to ordering this from videogamesplus.ca. It was shipped today, anyone have an idea when I can expect it?

Any tips for a Demon's Souls newb? I suppose I should just read through the thread and check out the wiki though.

GothPunk wrote: »
    Finally got around to ordering this from videogamesplus.ca. It was shipped today, anyone have an idea when I can expect it?

Any tips for a Demon's Souls newb? I suppose I should just read through the thread and check out the wiki though.

My copy took just over a week to get here, probably around 6-7 working days after shipping. I'd say you'd get it end of next week, or start of the next (may be quicker - have read people on here saying three or four days).

As for tips, well, just have a browse to the thread. Just never rush forward, and ALWAYS keep your shield up when turning a corner!!! Plus make sure to read the messages other players have left, they will save you from many an ambush!

My copy took just over a week to get here, probably around 6-7 working days after shipping. I'd say you'd get it end of next week, or start of the next (may be quicker - have read people on here saying three or four days).

As for tips, well, just have a browse to the thread. Just never rush forward, and ALWAYS keep your shield up when turning a corner!!! Plus make sure to read the messages other players have left, they will save you from many an ambush!

Have to agree with that. Sometimes, don't be afraid to leave half way through a level to go back to the nexus and spend the souls you have accumulated. Can't tell you you how many times I have dieD halfway through a level then losing a few thousand souls and then dieing trying to make it back to my bloodpatch (if you make it back to the bloodpatch you get your souls back but if you die on the way there then theres a new bloodpatch to go back to).

That all make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Mine took two days to arrive. They're pretty quick. Get ready for the most frustrating, satisfying experience you can have with a game.

Slowly fighting my way through this, but finally feeling like I'm progressing! Have defeated two archdemons now (Dragon King and Storm King), and tbh they've felt like two of the easiest bosses once you learn their patterns. Only boss that has proved particularly bothersome is the Maneater - whatever about the
    clone he spawns
    , I fell off the side a few too many times when trying to dodge his lunges :( Was delighted when I finally got him though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Only boss that has proved particularly bothersome is the Maneater

You fought the boss after him yet? Personally I ended up recruiting a guy from online to help distract the maneaters while I used ranged magic attacks on them.

L31mr0d wrote: »
    You fought the boss after him yet? Personally I ended up recruiting a guy from online to help distract the maneaters while I used ranged magic attacks on them.

I started up the stairs to fight him, but the weird triggering of the video sequence kept leaving me in awkward spots. Plus, my magic attacks weren't doing too much damage on the black phantom (will try to use my crazy powerful compound long bow +8 next time!), so I said I'd go try some of the easier bosses first. Will probably fight through 1-3 and 5-2 and then head back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭atat23

I find myself using arrows to take down pretty much everything, that along with the thief ring so the enemy forgets about you so you can shoot/backstab as they walk away works like a charm. It's a bit cheap but it works.

Only bosses I couldn't really use arrows on where the Maneater and the monk as they constantly rush you, didn't find them too hard though in the end, the man eater killed me once but that's because
    the second one surprised me from behind

Oh how I hate World 5 - had fought my way (slowly) through that damn swamp (including those horrible bat wielding goblins) for about 40 minutes only to be knocked off the edge right before lowering the shortcut. First time a game has got me to swear out loud! Boss turned out fine though (with the help of some co-op). Pity about the horrible level leading up to him!

Bosses definitely seem to be getting easier - Old Monk and Penetrator (titter) were a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

I think this may be one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played. It's just so rewarding when you work hard and take down a boss. In that way it's quite like Monster Hunter, in that it's so difficult at the start but wit each play you get a little bit better. My only problem is how addicted to it I am. :pac:

Thanks again guys for answering my questions.

Advertisement