Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

SK1979 wrote: »
    I've just ordered it from these guys:

http://www.axelmusic.com/productDetails/730865001323

Cant vouch for them as I've never used them before and the game does appear to be out of stock but including shipping it only came to around €44 which is a bit cheaper than Videogamesplus.

I'll post up once I get the order anyway.

I think others have used this site too and its fine?

does look good alright, I may order from there myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Vampireskiss

Does the deluxe edition matter much, would I be missing much if I didnt get it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Does the deluxe edition matter much, would I be missing much if I didnt get it

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

If I want a chance to bump into some of you guys online, which version should I be getting, US or Hong Kong... I'm hearing the different servers can't play with each other?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

I think most of the people playing now have the US version, although the people who started this thread have the Asian version. The US version has had more in game events, i.e. the pure black world tendency event that happened at Hallowe'en and the pure white world tendency that has been running since the 21st December until today. World tendency probably means nothing to you now but when you start playing Demon's Souls it's an important thing to consider if you want to get certain weapons, meet certain NPC's etc. You'll also need to worry about it if you want all the trophies. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Demons' Souls got a well deserved game of the year editor's choice on gamespot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Ah Yahtzee, continuing to try too hard I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The game can feel like that but Retr9 summed it up well before I got the game: You actually want to keep coming back to it even after a frustrating loss.

I am only halfway through and have completed about 3 other games since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

This strip is called: Groundhog Day in Hell :D

demons_souls.jpg

from these guys: http://www.virtualshackles.com/52 (they're actually very good, PA calibre stuff)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Cold|Fusion

haha, thats awesome!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got back into this last night. Got past 4-1 and now 5-1 is giving me trouble. Keeping getting gang raped by bunches of guys. Still it seems doable. That regeneration ring I got in 4-1 is an absolute lifesaver. Also those black skeletons are bastards. One attack takes nearly all your health. I usually end up backtracking like crazy firing off soul arrows at them. I killed the one before the boss with my last soul arrow while backed into a corner. There was an audible sigh of relief :) It think Persona might be taking a break for a while for more of this. I'm having a bit of trouble breaking into peoples worlds and co-op playing, I'll have to check my router settings.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Got back into this last night. Got past 4-1 and now 5-1 is giving me trouble. Keeping getting gang raped by bunches of guys. Still it seems doable. That regeneration ring I got in 4-1 is an absolute lifesaver. Also those black skeletons are bastards. One attack takes nearly all your health. I usually end up backtracking like crazy firing off soul arrows at them. I killed the one before the boss with my last soul arrow while backed into a corner. There was an audible sigh of relief :) It think Persona might be taking a break for a while for more of this. I'm having a bit of trouble breaking into peoples worlds and co-op playing, I'll have to check my router settings.

5-1 is very doable, there is a short cut by the way in case you get sick of rethreading the same path over and over.

Have you got a fire sword? If not make sure you have turpentine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No fire sword. I've actually got really crappy equipment. I'm trying to figure out where you guys got the good stuff from :) Knowing my luck it was all the stuff I couldn't pick up because I was over the weight limit and had to leave behind :/

5-1 is giving me trouble.

You're going to love 5-2 so :D probably the most irritating area in the whole game, and I fell off that stupid plank just before I activated the shortcut *rage* :mad:

I'd spent ages leveling in 4-2 before attempting 5-2 and it still made me feel like I was playing with a lvl 1 character.

Yeah 5-2 is uugghhh. Even when i was doing it at soul level 100+ on 1st playthough it drove me nuts.

5-1, good bow and arrow helps, you can take out most of them from way off. For up close, good shield and spear, block and jab. Can't wait for your reaction after you bump into the big fellas.

Can't wait for your reaction after you bump into the big fellas.

Mine was something like..
    "what's that dark mass in the distance?"
    *creep a little closer*
    "CRAP! It moved, it's coming this way"
    *try to back away*
    "FUUUU!!! can't run"
    - You have been poisoned
    "FUUU!!!"
    *roll onto dry ground*
    "Ok, back away, back away, you have enough space to bring up the menu and heal"
    *thumping sound behind me*
    "Can't be another one, no they can't have two of these together"
    - Souls of the lost, withdrawn from it's vessel...

I've gotten to the big fellas. They're easy enough. Well they would be if they weren't always on narrow bridges that are easy to fall off and backed up you a load of smaller minions :(

Edit: Oh sounds like something to find and get annoyed about in 5-2 :)

The worst thing about 5-1 is the pitiful amount of souls you get from a run, especially after 4-1.

Another reason to hate world 5, the worst soul return level in the game and its one of the toughest. and... You're doing 5-1 before 4-2? thats crazy talk right there. 4-2 is a doddle if you get the coop going, 4-2 can easily net you 100k souls per run thru on the first playthrough.

• Advertisement

Edit: Oh sounds like something to find and get annoyed about in 5-2 :)

Well they are the same ones from 5-1 (forgot they where in 5-1) although they are a lot more difficult to fight in 5-2, once you've played the area for 5 minutes you'll understand why.

Edit: Like was said above, do 4-2 first. After figuring out how to get souls at the start of it, losing souls on other areas stopped bothering me as I knew I could quickly get them back from doing 4-2. Also, it seems to be a level that will always get invaded by red phantoms if you play it alive, be sure to always invite a few blue phantoms into the level to account for this.

I did 5-1 first too.

Only Soul Lvl 40 atm.

Only tried the start of 4-2 for soul farming.

4-2 next so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Duff_Man

does anyone know where i would get a copy of this locally? anyone selling a copy?

You'll only get it online. Nothing stopping you getting it that way.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Duff_Man wrote: »
    does anyone know where i would get a copy of this locally? anyone selling a copy?

Have seen it in the Square, xtragame in the pre-owned section. Was a while ago though.
    Other than getting lucky like that, online is the only way to go.

Tackling 5-1 now! Bring it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

L31mr0d wrote: »
    You're going to love 5-2 so :D probably the most irritating area in the whole game, and I fell off that stupid plank just before I activated the shortcut *rage* :mad:

Urghh same thing happened to me. Inched my way through the level for around 50 minutes, and the a generic zombie thingie knocked me off the edge. The next five minutes disappeared into an anger blur.

Don't leave 5-2 as your last level. It is too painful :( It is always a relief to get back to the comparative sunshine and lollipops of World 1 after a sojourn through that ****hole.
    The lollipops are dragons

Finally beat 5-1. Thanks for thetip on the fire noodler. The bossdidn't last long against it. I keptdying in such stupid places on that level.

The asian servers are acting up tonight. No Demons Souls for me tonight :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

The more i look at this thread the more i want this game...

*Gets back to trying to perform alchemy*

Advertisement