Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You have to be in body form to summon people. You should hang around near the arch stone and you'll see blue messages on the ground sometimes with a blue phantom of the player standing over it. You use these to summon other players. I'm having trouble getting people to join in my game and am also getting my ass royally kicked by Maneater, I keep getting error messages and summoning failed messages. You can be summoned to help by using the blue stone on the ground, it's worth doing at the start of every map since if you help finish a level you get a load of souls for helping out and gives you an idea of the map.

I've found that if you play for a long time and the blood stains and messages start to disappear the game won't let you place you're blue stone and summonable people won't appear. You also can't place you're blue stone close to the archstone, you have to walk a little bit away from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Summoning just look for the messages, you have to be alive and when you summon you'll summon close to your soul level, same with invading, so you'll get invaded by some dude on level 200. As for being summoned, just drop the drop and wait.

IF ye're interested i can tell you both a handy trick to make man eater alot easier. BTW he is a tough bloody boss, i tackled him first at around level 70 and found him tricky.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Uh oh. I'm on level 40. I read the trick on the wiki but for me it's cheating so I won't be doing it. Think I'll try to finish 2 first like people suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Same actually! Dont think I want to use a way that might be called "cheap" way if possible. Going to finish off 2-2 the other way, then do 4-1 I think. I'm only soul level 40 too so possibly need to level more before attempting Maneater.

Maneater would be fine if the other ****er didn't show up and tag team me to death. Bastard :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Oh well..took the plunge. Demon souls should arrive in about 14 days according to the seller.

sarumite wrote: »
    Oh well..took the plunge. Demon souls should arrive in about 14 days according to the seller.

Who did you order with as a matter of interest? Axelmusic had it in stock last time I checked (thats where I got mine from).

Played again last night, cleared out 4-1 all the way to the boss but died a couple of times to him and started getting frustrated so went back to the end boss in world 2. After figuring out what to do, he was simple. Was a nice reward in the end too.

I think i'm now allowed go back to 1-3 cos I've killed an end boss? Might head there next. :pac:

1-3 is pretty tough, lots of farely strong soldiers assasins, and Red eye knights. Possibly the level with the ost amount of enemies. altho you will be able to free 2 NPC's there and buy new magic from one of the freed back in the nexus.

4-1 boss
    4-1 boss is easy enough, can't remember which side but he's holding a blade in 1 hand and there's a blade stuck in his belly on the other side. Stick to the side with the blade in his belly and keep hacking at it, hold weapon 2 handed a blade of axe is netter than a spear, tryo to stay lose to his and back you should dodge his swings. there's also a shortcut to the boss area, bypassing most of the level, go down past where the 2 archer skeletons were, you have the wood and there's a gap in the castles wall, if you roll correclty you'll go through and land just after the chamber where the dude guarding the boss is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Maneater would be fine if the other ****er didn't show up and tag team me to death. Bastard :)

I thought the dual maneater was one of the toughest bosses. As you say, grand until number two shows up, but then trying to avoid falling off the edge is you dodge is a further complication added to trying to defend against two lunging enemies!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I thought the dual maneater was one of the toughest bosses.

Yeah, imo those bosses where the most difficult. By that point in the game I'd almost completely moved over to a ranged attack strategy of rolling, dodging, attacking with bows and magic, running away to regain stamina, and repeating. None of this worked against the maneaters, as rolling usually meant either rolling off the edge, or rolling into the loving arms of the second maneater.

I managed to pass it by summoning a blue phantom to keep them distracted while I lay down the fury.

I feel area 3 was a way of forcing the player to make use of the online features.

You really needed to read the messages to learn about Yurt when you meet him. You also needed to summon a phantom to help you with the two maneaters, and then there's the forced battle against a black phantom as the Old Monk.

• Advertisement

Actually firestorm make maneater much much easier, if low magic, long spear(winged) and stay around the middle, keep the fire in the middle between and them, slow but effective. Try to take the tail too, calms them down. Casting poison makes them easier to find too when flying around.

I was reading the Wiki and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to make use of the shortcut back to the boss in 4-1. Is it the two archers at the start yeh? There is a broken wall either side of them, i.e. front of them and behind where they stand but neither place seems to be near the boss. Quite confusing!!

The double katana skellie's are scary and as for the
    narrow pass with the golden skeletons, spooky!

I need to start using other melee weapons cos I'm only using the spear and then mainly ranged magic. :(

Shortcut there you go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iDnktksr0E.

Yeah i don't anyone has ever survived their first encounter with the dual katana skeletons. always go long range against them except the black phantom one in 4-2, i soul suck him for 60K souls.

Spears good against most but crap againt others. I'd recommend using the kijii that you found in 4-1 does'nt have the reach of the uchitana or the damage but its wickedly fast. Upgrade t with darkmoon stones after you get the base to +6 and it regens mp and its damage scales up based on your magic.

Thanks Ancapaillmor, I cant check Youtube in work but I'll have a look later.

Its just such a wicked game, very addictive, nearly makes you cry when you lose souls but so rewarding when you finally beat something. Just such an unusual game the way it doesn't hold your hand and severely punishes carelessness. Its refreshing though for those things.

Think I have that blade kijii, I've found loads of named swords in the past few levels and they look good. I'll try it out and see how I get on with it.

I found 4-1's boss to be incredibly easy as well once you knew how to beat him with melee weapons. Very easy to stay out of his attack range and he's very easy to avoid.

Had a productive night last night with the game!

Took your advice Retro and went back to 4-1 at the boss (after figuring out the shortcut!) and he was actually super easy.
    Found a way of being on the middle level and just shooting him in the head, he died super easy

Then went to 1-3 cos really wanted Yuria and got through the level to near the end and saw dudes looking for summoning, so took the plunge and summoned my first person. Had great craic with the other guy and we cleared out the level and then the boss, sweet.

Question though, I seemed to get like loads of souls for killing the boss, does the summoning person get bonus souls along with the summoned person? Came out of the level with near 100k souls I think.

Once I freed Yuria, bought that Firestorm spell. Advice to anyone who doesn't have it, get it now. I went back and f*cked that Maneater f*ck up with it in about 3 goes. He went down dead easy. The spell is ridiculously overpowered....

So thats 1-1,1-2,1-3,2-1,2-2,2-3,3-1,3-2 & 4-1 cleared. Thinking 4-2 next? Then 5-1?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

sorry if it's been said but where's the best place to buy this? cheers

SK1979 wrote: »
    Once I freed Yuria, bought that Firestorm spell. Advice to anyone who doesn't have it, get it now. I went back and f*cked that Maneater f*ck up with it in about 3 goes. He went down dead easy. The spell is ridiculously overpowered....

So thats 1-1,1-2,1-3,2-1,2-2,2-3,3-1,3-2 & 4-1 cleared. Thinking 4-2 next? Then 5-1?

Yeah firestorm is great, drawback back is its not the quickest the cast and range of effect can be all over the place.

4-2 next, another great level for summoning, just wait around. You should go on to 4-3 straight away, one of the easiest battles, you can only use projectiles. how were you at killing the flying manta rays things in 4-1?.

The Manta Rays were fine once I could get a lock onto them and then one soul arrow did the job usually.

Yeh, I kinda didn't realise what it was and pressed the button for Firestorm and nearly fried all the npc's in the Nexus.

Actually, the stupid PS controller keeps L2'ing the npc's when I put it down, is there a danger they can turn hostile yeh? :)

Think I'll inch my way through 4-2 though and see if I can get someone to summon.

@ Sweetie, I order from Axel music and would have no complaints about their service. It came to about €42 inc delivery. Others have ordered from Videogamesplus (which I've used in the past and its great) and are happy with their service also.

I finished 2-3 last night, very easy level. Went for 4-2 next and finally got some summoned help. He was running around making mince meat out of the enemies with magic. Thought it would be a breeze until I rolled off a ledge like a noob. Having loads of trouble tackling it myself and got summoned a few times but ended up a bit of a hinderance :) Think I'll either try and get some summon help for 3-2 or take 1-3.

Strange thing happened to me in 4-2. Was helping another player and he kept getting attacked by a white phantom. He get getting hit by him and could hit him back but I couldn't do any damage to the white phantom except get in his way. Anyway the guy I was helping ended up dead.

• Advertisement

I finished 2-3 last night, very easy level. Went for 4-2 next and finally got some summoned help. He was running around making mince meat out of the enemies with magic. Thought it would be a breeze until I rolled off a ledge like a noob. Having loads of trouble tackling it myself and got summoned a few times but ended up a bit of a hinderance :) Think I'll either try and get some summon help for 3-2 or take 1-3.

Strange thing happened to me in 4-2. Was helping another player and he kept getting attacked by a white phantom. He get getting hit by him and could hit him back but I couldn't do any damage to the white phantom except get in his way. Anyway the guy I was helping ended up dead.

I've really not done much of summoning etc side of the game. I've summoned one player, never been summoned myself and haven't invaded / been invaded at all yet. Going to spend tonight maybe doing more of that. I'm happy enough with my soul level (think its around 56 - 58 now). My next soul points are going into Intelligence as I want 5 slots for magic. Then to buy the Warding spell, and use that in conjunction with firestorm for bosses is the plan! :pac::pac:

It feels overwhelming sometimes the amount of things to do so I gotta improve my focus on one thing at a time.

Have killed f*ck all of the crystal gecko dudes, they always seem to get away.... :(

What sort of soul level do you need before starting NG+?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sweetie wrote: »
    sorry if it's been said but where's the best place to buy this? cheers

Ebay is your best bet. Make sure to get the Hong Kong version as it is in english.

He attacked an npc, blige or urban i bet.

Got a stupid question for ancapaillmor.

I went to buy the Warding spell and I couldn't see it in Sage Freke's menu. Then I checked my inventory and I dont seem to have Iron Demon's soul in it. I'm pretty sure that I didn't use it though. What else could I have spent it on? Cant remember using it and the boss is dead ages ago.... :(

You must've consumed it, alot of people have done that with the souls, the game really is'nt forthcoming in answers or knowledge, it was only through the wiki's and forums that most people find out about the souls. Did it myself at the start with the phalanxs soul. Never really bothered with warding, you're only allowed carry x amount of spells and it take up 2 slots, firestorm and soul sucker takes up 3 slots each, so screw that, why build up defense when you can wipe out in 1 hit. you'll get it again in new game+.

You must've consumed it, alot of people have done that with the souls, the game really is'nt forthcoming in answers or knowledge, it was only through the wiki's and forums that most people find out about the souls. Did it myself at the start with the phalanxs soul. Never really bothered with warding, you're only allowed carry x amount of spells and it take up 2 slots, firestorm and soul sucker takes up 3 slots each, so screw that, why build up defense when you can wipe out in 1 hit. you'll get it again in new game+.

Cool, thanks for that ancapaillmor, true about getting it next time round anyway. Spent last night doing 4-2, found it quite hard actually, summoned a few people both twice got invaded while having the guy summoned, once the invader killed both us, the other time killed my blue phantom but didn't see me as I was lagging behind and I managed to kill him with a firestorm.... Was great feeling. Went back to do 4-1 for a laugh and there is an absolute bitch of a black phantom at the start, couldn't kill in a couple of tries. Any time I got him down a lot he ate a grass back to full health. Is he some sort of special Black phantom? He's a f*ck anyway. :eek:

UhOh you just bumped into the black phantom Satsuki. Obviously you got world 4 at pure black. Seriously kill him continue through level straight into 4-2 and kill the prime evil demon in the hidden corridor in 4-2, otherwise you'll get a very nasty surpirse on ledge in 4-2. Basically don't let him heal, he's tough and alot of his attacks are 1 hit kills. i found homing soul arrow very effective against him. If he starts to move off run after him, don't let him heal. The tricky part is trying not to disturb the skeleton above.

Thanks for that ancapaillmor. I was wondering what the hell was going on cos things suddenly ramped up in difficulty (not that they weren't hard enough already), 4-2 was an absolute bitch to play in. If I kill Satsuki, that will get things moving back towards white tendency wont it? Then it will be a little easier.

I've no idea how I managed to make it black cos I certainly wasn't deliberately trying to! :o

4-2 chewed me up and spat me out last night. Might take another stab at it later because I know I can do it. Lost 70k souls at one point :'(

• Advertisement

Lost 70k souls at one point :'(

Ouch, thats a heavy hit. Most I've lost I think is around 30 - 35k. There's always the temptation to keep going on rather than cashing in the souls, then BANG some skellie with a big f*ck off sword / meat cleaver kills you in one go and laughs at you.... :o

4-2 is really tough isn't it?

I still have Bayonetta on the 360 sitting in cellophane in my sitting room and honestly dont see it getting started any time soon, having way too much fund with this!

Advertisement