Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

SK1979 wrote: »
    Ouch, thats a heavy hit. Most I've lost I think is around 30 - 35k. There's always the temptation to keep going on rather than cashing in the souls, then BANG some skellie with a big f*ck off sword / meat cleaver kills you in one go and laughs at you.... :o

You think that's bad, I think I lost around 200k souls on 4-2 once farming.

Was my own fault though. I'd created a risky method of quickly getting souls. I'd enter 4-2, kill the guy spawning those white things, then go through the hidden doorway in the stairwell on the left, kill the dual katana skeleton, then roll off the ledge killing myself. I'd then repeat, and each time after killing the dual katana skeleton, pick up my souls I'd dropped. This meant that every time I died more and more souls where being left on the ground

I did this for a while and built up a sizeable amount of souls. Then one of the times I went to approach the dual katana skeleton I forgot to equip the thief ring and he detected me before I could see him (there's a weird camera angle in that stairway). By the time I got to the point that I could kill him he had already moved towards me and killed my outright with that ridiculous dual katana lunge he does. As I died I could see my blood stain behind him disappear into oblivion, taking all my souls with it. I may have shed a tear.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I got killed really unfairly by him once as well. I got summoned as a blue phantom in that corridor. When I returned I ran up to him ready to pelt him with magic only to realise too late that I had my bow equipped instead from my blue phantom expeditions. I backtracked as fast as I could to get away but the hidden door had come back and I got trapped and sliced into a fine red mist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

When world 4 goes black, on 4-2 2 black phantom gold skeletons appear and right after them a black phantom dual katana with a high hp level. said it before but lost 550K after forgetting about them once.

Are ye equpping the thiefs ring? because 4-2 is so much harder without it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I went back to 1-1 to get it (missed it first time) after getting pissed off by those flying manta ray things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Yep, I have the ring also. I generally wear the Thief ring and Cling ring.

• Advertisement

Had a very productive night last night. Finally got through 4-2 and the boss wasn't all that tough. Went back to 3-2 and got some help and finally took down that bastard Maneater. Took on the old monk next, was very disappointed that the player i went up against was crap and a total push over. Went to 1-3 for the first time. Managed to get the help of 2 other players and had the best demons souls experience yet. Got through the level and the boss and had tonnes of fun doing it with these guys. If I could rank you's higher than S I would have. Also cleared 4-3 afterwards. So now I only have to finish 5 and finish off 1. I'm dreading 5 :/

5 is just a horribly mean level, unfortunately there's things that need doing in 5 in pure white and black tendencies and pulp and faintstones.

Well I beat 5 today, I felt horrible beating the arch demon :/ I wasn't expecting something like that. Only 1-4 left then new game +

Also had a very productive couple of days. Totally cleared 1,2,3 & 4 worlds and haven't done a thing in 5 yet. Dreading it too.
    Fighting the False King dude and when he strips you of a soul level, do you get those back when you kill him? I lost a load, but then got like 150k souls for killing him?

Kept getting f*cked by those fat minister dudes in 1-4....

Also had a very productive couple of days. Totally cleared 1,2,3 & 4 worlds and haven't done a thing in 5 yet. Dreading it too.
    Fighting the False King dude and when he strips you of a soul level, do you get those back when you kill him? I lost a load, but then got like 150k souls for killing him?

Kept getting f*cked by those fat minister dudes in 1-4....
    nope, but you're bloodstain is still there, so if you get there unscathed, you can collect it, it will have the souls lost plus the amount for the soul level, i used speed up there, collect the stain and evacuate straight away, king is tough he's the main reason i finished on soul lvl 125 first time i finished.

Actually my tactics were totally wrong for him, nce i changed them i destroyed, i went at him as a tank, which was a big mistake.

Did Ostrava drop the key in 1-4, just after the blue dragon?, that opens the door by the original red eye knight

So retro did you take the easy option or hard option for 5-3?
    kill Garl Vinland(hard) or kill Asrea?

Fat ministers just go long range with them.

• Advertisement

Yep, I got the key off Ostrava. He was still alive and I met him after killing the Blue Dragon (actually had to kill him in such a cheap way, stood underneath the doorway and shot him with Soul Light, took about an hour!) and he gave me the key. Then killed him as a Black Phantom, that was a tough fight too. I also went and killed that King Allant guy in 1-1 and also the False King. False King is a bitch of a fight, I was doing the wrong thing as well trying to fight him without magic, so ended up using Firestorm and he went down a lot easier. Lost at least 6 soul levels against him though.

I'm using a crescent Uchicghana +4 at the moment and really like it! Is that a good sword to use yeh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

L31mr0d wrote: »
    You think that's bad, I think I lost around 200k souls on 4-2 once farming.

Was my own fault though. I'd created a risky method of quickly getting souls. I'd enter 4-2, kill the guy spawning those white things, then go through the hidden doorway in the stairwell on the left, kill the dual katana skeleton, then roll off the ledge killing myself. I'd then repeat, and each time after killing the dual katana skeleton, pick up my souls I'd dropped. This meant that every time I died more and more souls where being left on the ground

I did this for a while and built up a sizeable amount of souls. Then one of the times I went to approach the dual katana skeleton I forgot to equip the thief ring and he detected me before I could see him (there's a weird camera angle in that stairway). By the time I got to the point that I could kill him he had already moved towards me and killed my outright with that ridiculous dual katana lunge he does. As I died I could see my blood stain behind him disappear into oblivion, taking all my souls with it. I may have shed a tear.

I use that stage for farming as well. Why were you killing yourself on the ledge? I just go back to the archstone and re-enter the stage. Were you avoiding the trip back to the archstone?

Yep, I got the key off Ostrava. He was still alive and I met him after killing the Blue Dragon (actually had to kill him in such a cheap way, stood underneath the doorway and shot him with Soul Light, took about an hour!) and he gave me the key. Then killed him as a Black Phantom, that was a tough fight too. I also went and killed that King Allant guy in 1-1 and also the False King. False King is a bitch of a fight, I was doing the wrong thing as well trying to fight him without magic, so ended up using Firestorm and he went down a lot easier. Lost at least 6 soul levels against him though.

I'm using a crescent Uchicghana +4 at the moment and really like it! Is that a good sword to use yeh?

Uchitana good, its got a good reach, obviously +5 is better, have you kept going back to 4-3? the gecko's will appear there 2 more times. Better off going from the old hero stone, killing the manta's then go for the gecko's, they're the only ones that drop pure darkmoonstone and the one just off the hidden corridor in 4-2. Crescent is good; mp regen and as your magic stat gets higher so does your attack with the weapon. personally i go with the kijii, shorter, slightly less damage bit wickedly fast, does 3 slashes to uchi's 2.
    You got the soul brandt then from old king? and his armour, best armour early on in the game, light and has the highest fire reistance?, depending on your character tendency, the soulbrandt could be your best weapon. If you've pure white tendency, it can knock 540 damage regardless of your stats. check out your tendency in the charcter status screen, killing black phantoms gets you towards pure white.

As for allant, i melee'd him to death with the kijii, his moves are easy to dodge if your can roll fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Why were you killing yourself on the ledge? I just go back to the archstone and re-enter the stage. Were you avoiding the trip back to the archstone?

Yeah I was cutting out the time needed to get back to the archstone. Once I got the Evacuate Miracle I had no need for this method any more.

Its sad, but I love the animation for the Katana's! They just look badass!
    I actually picked a female character for the silver bracelet (for the +10% souls) so that means I cant wear the Kings armour.
    I'm stuck still wearing the silver coronet, wizards robes, silver bracelet and wizard boots.

Can only equip like 18.5 I think to stay under the 50% so haven't found any other armour to wear instead. Might actually put some points to increase this stat.

I usually 2 hand the Uchicghana with Warding on and cut through everything quick and depend on dodging the attacks, works well against most but can lead to deaths if Warding wears off at a bad time!

Last 2 times have been a female character too, the silver braclets quite handy, stacks with ring of avarice. If world 1 is hwite you could try for Miralda's armur. Also the ring from doran, add's 50% to to your max weight so you can wear good armour, course it means dropping a ring slot for it.

I might try that actually about Miralda and her armour, sick of looking at the same armour at this stage!

I dont know about giving up one of the ring slots, there's too many good rings out there. Plus in Soul form, its pretty much a given that you have to wear the Cling ring at least, else its 1 hit kills nearly! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Anyone got anymore Maneaster tips?

Christ the official guide is awful.

When I beat him I had some summoned help, made it a whole lot easier. It's a good level to get summoned and get your body back.

You could try killing some archdemons to get levels. I found them easy since there's no level to go through really.

As for the `5-3 boss I did it the hard way. Parry works a treat when you time it right because it wouldhave taken ages otherwise.

I'm only at level 50? I'm not going to have trouble on the last few stages?

noodler wrote: »
    Anyone got anymore Maneaster tips?

Christ the official guide is awful.

You can kill the dude standing by the flame by shooting through fog with a bow and arrow befoe you enter. best way to beat is to get a good spear and circle around the flame in the middle, keeping it between him and you, randomly popping out to stab him. If you've firestorm, he's pretty waek against that, he sometimes does a move where he'll be prone for 1-2 secs, hit him with firestorm then.

and redtro did i read right, you parried the bosses attacks in 4-3?:eek::eek::eek:

As for level 50, 1-4 might give you problems, newgame+ definately will.

• Advertisement

For Maneater, I killed him with Firestorm, I found it really really hard till I got that spell. Once I had that though, each of the Maneaters went down in about 2 - 3 casts. Was pie then.

Damn, I'm at soul level 85 now and only have world 5 left to do. Was planning on getting to 100 before NG+, is that overkill?

I actually ate quite a few demon souls cos I didn't see anything usefull to keep them for. Thats ok aint it?

Depends which ones you ate, all of them do something apart from the dragons souls.

As for levelling up, ring of avarice silver braclet, start on the old hero stone 4-3, kill all the manta's in 4-3 then work your way back through 4-2. Get it near pure black for a higher soul gain and 3 black phantons appear, one of them has a chance of dropping the fabled pure bladestone. If done right you can 100-150K souls per run through. 100 is'nt overkill i was 125(70-120 of that was trying to get pure bladestone), then again i'm a levelling up nut, i spent days running around certain areas in most of the FF game levelling up.

I ate them all apart from the ones I'd already spent on spells and one thing to the blacksmith (cant remember which one, maybe the fiery demons one). But I checked the Wiki and it didn't seem to have anything interesting for any of the souls I ate.

I went and got a talisman last night and now will get the evacuate miracle and use that for some proper farming of souls. I farm 4-2 so and try get the pure bladestone. I haven't really started yet but I had been thinking of going 1-4 for some quick farming. Killing the 3 red eye knights at the end of 1-3 first and then flying through 1-4 to the two fat ministers. Would that not be better?

and redtro did i read right, you parried the bosses attacks in 4-3?:eek::eek::eek:

I meant 5-3 :)

Does'nt even come near 4-3 to 4-2. In pure black you can get 30K+ souls in 4-3 by killing the manta rays. It's 30-40k alone for the black phantom dual katana in 4-2, sneak up behind from 4-3, firestorm should wipe him out in 1 go.

Here's what each soul does.

Phalanxs souls allows for scraping spear to built(it destroys armour, hated in multiplayer)
    Tower knight - warding
    Penetrator - curse weapon, light weapon, imbues weapons with magic.
    King allant - Need for north regalia, combine of demon brand and soul brand.
    spider - lava bow(good bow while waiting on sticky compund +5), firespray and ignite.
    flamelurker - give to ed to enable weapon upgrades via demons souls.
    Dragon god - firestorm, rage of god(faith based attack that penetrates through walls).
    False idol - soul arow
    Man eater - needle of eternal agony, rips souls off with its attacks
    old monk - insanity catalyst, moving soul arrow, thirst, banish
    Adjudicator -slow recovery, weapon meat cleaver.
    Old hero - large sword of searching, 1 time revival
    Storm king - morion blade, anti magic field
    leechmonger - poison cloud, cure
    Dirty colossus - acid cloud
    Maiden astrea - blueblood sword, death cloud, relief, ressurection
    Black maiden - soul sucker(depends on how you end game)
    Colorless demons soul can upgrade a lot of the unique weapons plus they're needed for an urbain miracle.

And retro, parrying vinland is no mean feat, i usually go for the chicken option, found fighting him is too annoying, the black phantom vinlad is 10 times worse. BTW his shield, best in the game.

Do the Black Phantoms respawn though after you kill them? Or is it just the named ones that dont respawn?

The Old Monks soul has the most interesting things, I f*cking wasted this one on that moving soul arrow, I think its crap. :(

Also got Firestorm, soul arrow and gave two to Ed (lava bow and the one to get him to accept souls in the first place), and ate the rest of the souls! :P

Will get the 3 cloud spells though from World 5 for sure.

And retro, parrying vinland is no mean feat, i usually go for the chicken option, found fighting him is too annoying, the black phantom vinlad is 10 times worse. BTW his shield, best in the game.

Do you not miss out on the dialogue if you take the chicken option. I thought that boss was the best bit of the game because of the story behind it and how it ended, very sad and unexpected. I found parrying him was the safest option. I'd lose a crap load of health if it missed but It was safer than comboing him because if he parried you it was an instant kill. Also parrying him meant you could try get around him for a cheap back attack when he was getting up. I was using a dark heater shield which has good parry timing.

Do the Black Phantoms respawn though after you kill them? Or is it just the named ones that dont respawn?

The Old Monks soul has the most interesting things, I f*cking wasted this one on that moving soul arrow, I think its crap. :(

Also got Firestorm, soul arrow and gave two to Ed (lava bow and the one to get him to accept souls in the first place), and ate the rest of the souls! :P

The standard NPC BP's do respawn as long as the tendency is black. Named ones\characters don't repawn aftr you kill them. You got the talisman of beasts off scirvir then? Good wand,it also add's your faith stat to the magical stat when casting.

Soul Arrow crap, weirdo, it's one of the best magics in the game. If you get the max numbers of arrows, its lethal(5 is max i think). With a magic of 40 i was taking down flamelurker in NG++++ in 30 seconds using only soul arrow. Made mincemeat of satsuki with it(one of the toughest bp's).

As for the souls, you'll need to use them if you want the platinum, Morion blade is worth getting from the storm demons soul. Deliberately put your health below 30% and equip that and the clever rats ring and you'll pretty much triple the damage you hand out, very handy in the swamp in 5-2 for the big guys. Meat clever is alright too but you'll need high endurance and a good bit in faith.

Nope just got the normal talisman in 5-1 (thats as far as I went in that level). Talisman of God? I just got it to use the evacuate miracle, and only have a Faith level of 10 I think.

Think my magic level is 43 already, and intelligence is at around 41. Strength is only 22 and everything else is super low! :)

I've been leveling mainly and not doing any multiplayer, but every time I try to drop a Blue stone I cant. I'm picking a level where I've killed the boss and am in soul form. What else is there to do? I'm definitely online as well as I can still see the bloodstains / white phantoms. Also, I've never been able to use a black stone (not that I feel confident enough yet to take someone on!). What am I doing wrong?

• Advertisement

Maybe you are doing it too close to the archstone?

Advertisement