Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Rule no. 1 of videogame collecting: Buy anything Atlus publish because the print runs are so small and the games have such a hardcore following that they always end p costing a fortune on the second hand market.

Dang, i bet that means they're is no chance of me getting the deluxe edition in san fran in a few weeks. Or, it could be a good hunt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

thorbarry wrote: »
    hmmm, im heading over to San Fran in a couple of weeks. Do ya reckon they're is any chance of me getting the deluxe edition over there? or would it be sold out?
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Rule no. 1 of videogame collecting: Buy anything Atlus publish because the print runs are so small and the games have such a hardcore following that they always end p costing a fortune on the second hand market.

Yay!
    Dang, i bet that means they're is no chance of me getting the deluxe edition in san fran in a few weeks. Or, it could be a good hunt :)

There must be a chance. I kind of doubt there will be any in stores brand new but you may get lucky with a traded in version somewhere.

I have to be honest. Its just the main game (exact box) with a tiny guide that is a bit poor and all over the place to be perfectly honest in a cardboard sleeve. However I was lucky enough to get the Art Book+enclosed Soundtrack with mine as well (don't think it is officially part of the deluxe version) so they will be added gifts for whoever I sell mine too.

noodler wrote: »
    I have to be honest. Its just the main game (exact box) with a tiny guide that is a bit poor and all over the place to be perfectly honest in a cardboard sleeve. However I was lucky enough to get the Art Book+enclosed Soundtrack with mine as well (don't think it is officially part of the deluxe version) so they will be added gifts for whoever I sell mine too.

I gotta say, I'm a sucker for cardboard boxes :o

Sure, ill have a look around, as you say i may be lucky and get a second hand one.

So your selling yours ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

So your selling yours ;)

Eventually, but I would feel bad ripping off a fellow boardsie!

noodler wrote: »
    Eventually, but I would feel bad ripping off a fellow boardsie!

haha yea, I'm sure you'll get a fortune for it on Ebay. There is one up there, 20 minutes left on it, going at US $173.50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Received my copy in the post this morning,Thanks to Moz.It's the asian version so the book is not in English is this going to be an issue or should i be able to muddle through without it.Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

weiland79 wrote: »
    Received my copy in the post this morning,Thanks to Moz.It's the asian version so the book is not in English is this going to be an issue or should i be able to muddle through without it.Thanks.
    I was in the same boat as you a few days ago. The tutorial is pretty decent in terms of what each button is used for (though its not very in-depth) and I have been able to find everything else out by simply using the wiki. I haven't played that much of it yet, though so far it hasn't been a major problem. Worst comes to worst I work with a Chinese guy so maybe I can have him translate it...though so far there has been no need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Anyone on here fancy selling me their american copy?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

videogamesplus.ca seem to have Demon's Souls back in stock if anyone's interested.

Standard copy only though it would appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Just got this the other day. Enjoying it quite alot.....although those guys in 1-2 with the long spears, eyes and shields were torture. Played it for a good bit last night and managed to beat the phalanx and the tower knight. Found a basterd sword and upgraded it. Big swings lots of dead bodies. :D

quick question. I went into 4-1 to get the talisman so i could cast heal. No problem there. While I was in there I found the compound bow. But I had to drop the bow because I was overburdened. I meant to go back later and get it back because I realised it was the best bow i had seen yet. But i forgot and now its gone.

I have a short compound bow but I'd prefer the big one. Is there anywhere else I can get it? Or another good bow?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Also, there is a reasonably good unofficial guide as an app on the Itunes app store...its free and actually very helpful, especially in terms of what the different weapons stats etc mean. It works with the ipodtouch/iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Kirby wrote: »
    I have a short compound bow but I'd prefer the big one. Is there anywhere else I can get it? Or another good bow?

Lava bow ftw :D

This link will tell you where to find varying bows in the game

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/bow

Bookmark that Wiki. It will prove invaluable.

Kirby wrote: »
    Just got this the other day. Enjoying it quite alot.....although those guys in 1-2 with the long spears, eyes and shields were torture.

If you see a blood trail of someone running in Gung-ho and getting pwned by those guys, its possibly me......or it could be the one where I tried to use my bow and got pwned....or the one where I.....basically I left a lot of blood behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Lava bow ftw :D

This link will tell you where to find varying bows in the game

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/bow

Bookmark that Wiki. It will prove invaluable.

+1 on the Lava Bow, I think its probably the best bow to get if you aren't putting loads of points into Dexterity (which is the important stat for bows).

And that Wiki is the equivalent to the bible...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

SK1979 wrote: »
    And that Wiki is the equivalent to the bible...

The exception being, you can believe what is in the wiki...

Just had my first chance to sit down with it properly last night.Damn they weren't messin when they said it was hard,but ultimatley satisfying.Killed the first Demon last night and now I'm knackered in work from sitting up till stupid o'clock.Oh well same again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Anyone think this will ever be released in Europe,maybe time to start emailing 505gamestreet and other such publishers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just get the US and Asian version? There's nothing stopping you playing it on a PAL PS3.

Aghhhhhh it's hard.
    So iv'e died for the 600 time and I'm only on the second section.I have no magic and no health items.I don't know how many times I've hit square by mistake and wasted a valuable item.And it's drivin me up the wall.But damn It's addictive.

Aghhhhhh it's hard.
    So iv'e died for the 600 time and I'm only on the second section.I have no magic and no health items.I don't know how many times I've hit square by mistake and wasted a valuable item.And it's drivin me up the wall.But damn It's addictive.

Its definitely a game for the masochistic amongst us. Its the most unforgiving game I ever played.....but when you do eventually get past an obstacle there is a definite feeling of satisfaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

After reading so much about how good this game is, I finally ordered it today off that canadian website, cost 52 euros including delivery, spent the morning looking at clips of the game on youtube.. Hopefully it arrives in the next week or two, sick of playing mw2 or fifa on-line,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Guys I'm sorry if this is asked before but can anyone recommend the cheapest place to pick this game up online? The us version? Is 52 euros the cheapest or can it be found at a lower price?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Sisko wrote: »
    Guys I'm sorry if this is asked before but can anyone recommend the cheapest place to pick this game up online? The us version? Is 52 euros the cheapest or can it be found at a lower price?

Thanks.

VideoGamesplus have it for about 47 plus postage. I doubt you'll get it much cheaper than that. The Asian version may be a little cheaper.

Can I ask a question to anyone that's finished this game?

How many hours did it take you on average?

I've killed the Phalynx, Tower Knight, Armour Spider, Fool's Idol, Flamelurker, Dragon God, Maneater
    and his b*stard of a twin brother
    , Vanguard (not sure if he even counts) and last night got my ass handed to me by the old monk. But reckon I can beat him offline.
    I've never been invaded but have been chosen as the old monk's avatar

I'm at soul level 43 and I've clocked up 30 hours. Does that mean I'm sh1te at it??

There are times playing that game that I've come close to eating the controller and throwing Playstation, game and TV through the sitting room window. I've even screamed "F*CK YOU DEMON'S SOULS" at the top of my voice. But I don't want it to end.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

smooch71 wrote: »
    Can I ask a question to anyone that's finished this game?

How many hours did it take you on average?
    I only have level 1-4 to do.
    Have taken care of blue dragon and black phantom
    , and I am now grinding prior to finishing this game and starting NG.

At the moment I'm at lvl 133 and have played 117 hrs*.

*I've left the game "paused" quite a few times, so could probably knock a good few hours off that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

When I finished the game, I was at around soul level 105. It was more a natural occurance than me having to grind loads of levels (I did grind some mind) and I felt quite comfortable at the end. As has been mentioned before, the game does get a little easier towards the end, the hardest bosses are the earlier ones (flamelurker and maneater for me anyway).

Soul level 100+ should definitely be good enough imho.

Have stopped playing cos I've a sh!t load of other games to complete first, but will be coming back for NG+ sometime. I safely negotiated 1-1 so I'm saved and all in my NG+.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

smooch71 wrote: »
    I'm at soul level 43 and I've clocked up 30 hours. Does that mean I'm sh1te at it??

You're doing pretty well. I was way below your level at that stage since I don't like grinding much but ended up doing a small amount subconsciously ('**** I've a lot of souls and I'm not sure I can make it back here if I die.... RETREAT!'). It took me 65+ hours altogether and I finished up at around level 65 although about 20 of those levels were gained when I decided to eat all the souls I had because the false king boss was giving heartache (also didn't know that the souls you pick up give you souls if eaten, stupid asian version and it's chinese manual).

And don't worry about finishing it. New Game+ keeps on giving and I'm tempted to start it again as a magic user.

As i mentioned, i have the asian version so am no doubt missing out on parts.I noticed a few of you have mentioned 'grinding' levels.Can anyone explain that please.

As i mentioned, i have the asian version so am no doubt missing out on parts.I noticed a few of you have mentioned 'grinding' levels.Can anyone explain that please.

Presume it means revisiting levels to pick up souls?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

having played and plated this game, i sold it off and i regret it so much. So i looking to see if anyone has the us version of the game for sale or swap.Thxs

Advertisement