Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Tried to get back into this tonight.

Starting to regret all the GOTY talk, the hardness novelty has worn off.

Tried 5-2, walking at a snails pace's through poison mud.. Just ended up turning it off after 90 minutes off my life I won't get back and no real progress.

I'd probably prefer checkpoint (even hafl level ones in the next game), if not then at least makable short cuts in EVERY level.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's a handy shortcut in 5-2. That level though is a total pain in the hole. The big guys are just horrible to fight when you can't roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

I actually only started and then beat 5-2 earlier today. It was a pain in the arse alright but at least the boss fight at the end is easy. I got killed by the Black Phantom with the Meat Cleaver in the swamp twice I think before I finally made it to the boss. I decided to stop looking for treasure and to just focus on reaching the end and unlocking the shortcut. If you have the Regenerator's Ring it really makes the whole level much easier.

Finished 1-3 earlier as well, the level design there is just great. Got the Mausoleum Key so I'll have to try my hand at beating Old King Doran tomorrow.

I think I might finish the game tomorrow or next weekend, depending on how many bosses I can get through. You really fly through the game once you've beaten the first 2 bosses in each world, I'll probably end up starting New Game + straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Somthing weird happened to me yesterday playing Demons souls , i put down the blue stone to summon someone to help me beat the maneater ( Woah here she comes ) :P and i walked about 3 steps and stopped said ah feck it il go back and do it and be a man .. all of a sudden i was summond as a black phantom in someone elses game and this dead corspe with a cape done somthing to me and i had his caped wrapped around my face ... was freakin weird cause i didnt put down a black stone and never experienced somthing like this before .. my health bar was like covering my 40 inch sony bravia tv . your man came in and slaughtered me then ... anyone else experience somthing like this before :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Once you beat maneater and try the next boss you'll understand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Somthing weird happened to me yesterday playing Demons souls , i put down the blue stone to summon someone to help me beat the maneater ( Woah here she comes ) :P and i walked about 3 steps and stopped said ah feck it il go back and do it and be a man .. all of a sudden i was summond as a black phantom in someone elses game and this dead corspe with a cape done somthing to me and i had his caped wrapped around my face ... was freakin weird cause i didnt put down a black stone and never experienced somthing like this before .. my health bar was like covering my 40 inch sony bravia tv . your man came in and slaughtered me then ... anyone else experience somthing like this before :D

Yeah it's happened to me.

As AnCapaillMor says, you'll find out when you meet the boss at the end of that section. No point in ruining the surprise!

(For the record, I got my ass kicked too)

Just reread your post too, placing a blue stone enables someone to summon you to help them in their game, you can't summon with the blue stone.

ya i figured it out today killed man eater and your man , actually flew through it .. was a blue stone i put down though . i never equip my black stone cause i hate to be a jackass .... finished 3-4 now all i have to say is thank god for the kneel smasher :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I got summoned as a black phantom a few times as well on 3-2 after putting down a blue stone.

Slogging through 5-2 now.

It's a pain in the hoop, not enjoying it at all. I know the games meant to be hard but surely you're supposed to enjoy it too!

I have some other sections to finish but I'm to try to beat 5-2 first because if I leave it till last I'll never finish the game.

Where's this shortcut across the swamp I'm hearing about? I keep getting killed by two big fellas, one of which is a black phantom.

• Advertisement

Shortcut is avalible until you get towards the end, you have to run along ledges on the edge of the swamp to knock a ramp. Which bypasses 90% of the tough bits of 5-2.

As for those giants goblins, uugghh. Get some pretty powerful magic and try and sneak up on them, or do the clever rats ring, morion blade, good bow combo, shoot and run, repeat; takes them down in 3-4 shots.

Or you can use the cheaty combo of Poison and Death Cloud and go make a sandwich while they die. As for powerful magic, I'm guessing you mean Firestorm? That spell is awesome.

I followed your advice from earlier on in the thread AnCapaillMor about the Moon Winged Spear, it's a beast! Looking forward to taking on the NPC black phantoms tonight.

Firestorm yeah, coupled with the kris knife and the clever rats ring\morion blade boost is just ridiculous. Moving soul arrow is pretty handy aginst the giants too.

MWS should good against most NPC's, i find the BP NPC to be dumb and usually thief ring\clever rats ring\morion blade\vicious compund bow+5 them to death. Be warned the MWS is useless against black phantom invaders, not unless you come up against a moron of an invader.

i walked pass the big guys if you make it to there camp site make sure to go all the way up the hill to knock the bridge its straight forward from when you get there, if you die then your there straight away and its no hassle from there... I bet the game today may now leave it for awhile

Is Black Tendency actually in effect at the moment?

Went looking for a Primevil Demon on 4-2 and all I found was a dual weiding black skeleton

I found that if I kill myself once in each world it goes to PBWT. I was reading the Demon's Souls thread on NeoGAF and apparently a few people there are having the same problem with it not being pure black, just close to pure black or neutral. Anyways, I killed BP Miralda and Scirver tonight and I'll get the next 3 NPC BP's tomorrow, Friends Ring here I come. Then I'll have to kill some friendly NPCs to get Mephistopheles to appear and try and get the Foe's Ring. Then it's on to finishing the game. :pac:

Im getting pissed off with it.

Blue Dragon, you actually want me to stand there and pump 400 arrows into him?

Where on earth is the gameplay in that?

As for the primevil in 4-2, he's after that dual katana. Best way to check pure black in world 4, go to 4-1 and if you see Satsuki at the start, go back to the archstone and get out of there.

The friends ring, its quicker to get pure white by killing invaders, normally takes 2-3. Took me an age at the start to get it via the NPC BP's. FOEs ring\pure black tendency is easier to get by invading and killing.

Run past him the blue dragon, have good timing and pretty good fire protection, or use he clever rats rings\morion blade combo to multiply arrow damage by about 300%.

The NPC BPs are so easy though. As it's my first playthrough I want the items they drop (like the Talisman of Beasts that I got by killing Scivir). I only need to kill 3 more of them and I'll have PWCT, so it's no big deal for me (although killing Selen Vinland will probably be hard).

I think I'd like to get the foe's ring through Mephistopheles for the challenge, it'll just be funny to me to have to kill Yuria and Saint Urbain. Then again, people have said that the BP NPCs were hard but I thought they were very easy so far. I do enjoy invading although I haven't really had the time as I've been focusing on farming ores and all the PWWT and PBWT stuff.

noodler, do you not have any good spells that'll help you against the blue dragon? Or any kunai that you can through to poison it? Are you attacking it the first time you see it in 1-4 (the part where it roasts the fat minister) or the second time. The second time you see it you should be able to get close enough to use poison and plague. It's not resistant to fire btw so use fire magic if you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Just started this a few days ago and really like it. Took about 2 hours to get to the Phalanx thing, but beating it was a huge sense of accomplishment. Did it first try too :)

I havent managed to level up yet though.. how do I raise my stats? I still have everything the same as when I started.

Also can I kill the dragon on the bridges or is that much further ahead of me? Im sick of being roasted!

• Advertisement

You should be able to level up now, just go to the maiden in black give her x amount of souls and you bump up your stats.
    The dragon is possible to kill but involves getting a half decent bow and a hundred or so arrows.

Just started this a few days ago and really like it. Took about 2 hours to get to the Phalanx thing, but beating was a huge sense of accomplishment. Did it first try too :)

I havent managed to level up yet though.. how do I raise my stats? I still have everything the same as when I started.

Also can I kill the dragon on the bridges or is that much further ahead of me? Im sick of being roasted!

Don't bother with the dragon just yet. Stand just out of his range and then when he screams and starts down the bridge, sprint after him (press O when running) You'll make it to the safety of the tower before he makes his next pass.

The Phalynx is pretty easy to kill. Wait till you meet the next guy!

Cheers, I'll leave him for now I think. Now if I could just hold on to some souls and not die before I get back to the maiden!

Cheers, I'll leave him for now I think. Now if I could just hold on to some souls and not die before I get back to the maiden!

When you have used all your souls upgrading or buying stuff, it's worth stopping halfway across the bridge for the winged spear. If you die you won't lose any souls and you'll have a pretty sweet weapon.

I think I already got that just by wandering around. Haven't tried using it yet though, had no idea it was good!

GothPunk wrote: »

noodler, do you not have any good spells that'll help you against the blue dragon? Or any kunai that you can through to poison it? Are you attacking it the first time you see it in 1-4 (the part where it roasts the fat minister) or the second time. The second time you see it you should be able to get close enough to use poison and plague. It's not resistant to fire btw so use fire magic if you have it.

Took its health down to half the first time then he flies off.

Second part: I kept my distance and fired arrows but I couldn't quite see if the health car was showing up amidst all that fire (maybe the arrows burn up?).

Anyway, found a safe place and kept spamming him and eventually I looked up at the screen from the laptop to find I was dead. Maybe the fire range extends once the other guy is dead, I dunno.

noodler wrote: »

Second part: I kept my distance and fired arrows but I couldn't quite see if the health car was showing up amidst all that fire (maybe the arrows burn up?).

Anyway, found a safe place and kept spamming him and eventually I looked up at the screen from the laptop to find I was dead. Maybe the fire range extends once the other guy is dead, I dunno.
    Ouch. Okay, what soul level are you? I'm level 80, would you like to try and co-op it? Not sure if you know this but you need to be within 10 levels of someone to co-op so dunno if we'd be able to.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

noodler wrote: »

You need to get right up under him, light armour and run up. Time your run though.

Im only Soul Lvl 60 but only have this, 4-3 and 5-2 to do.

I have a Long Compound Bow+9 (wanted to do it fully but ran out of pure chunks of Hardstone and the Gekkos on 2-2 stopped appearing).

I don't feel like my soul level is a problem. I brought around 400 Hard arrows the last time and it was a pain to waste so many of them. I will have to see if I can get close enough to use a Kunai, I haven't done much soul farming in the game (bar maybe for flamelurker and for firestorm).

• Advertisement

I read on the wiki that once the other guy is dead the dragon does a different flame sweep so that might have got you. You also might find it harder to get up to him.

Advertisement