Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I read on the wiki that once the other guy is dead the dragon does a different flame sweep so that might have got you. You also might find it harder to get up to him.

That sounds about right.

I will have to leave everything but arrows at home next time, I think I need my weight at below half of the max to make the run. I have lost around 6 or 7 soul levels from invading.

They really need to implement the PVP and co-op better in the next game. It is so messy this time around.

Example 1 (as I understand it), I want to help someone with Flamelurker I leave a blue stone before the boss fight, but if I go past this stone it disappears. If I am not on this exact level at the time (farming, presumably) then I won't get summoned.

Am I understanding all that properly? I would just prefer a "allow yourself to be summoned" option and be done with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You are better off leaving your blue stone at the start of the level. Your soul sign disappears after you enter an area where there was fog blocking it. I've left a soul sign halfway through a level and got summoned as well the odd time. Nobody really leave soul signs at the boss entrance because most people would have brought people through the level with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

noodler wrote: »
    Im only Soul Lvl 60 but only have this, 4-3 and 5-2 to do.

I have a Long Compound Bow+9 (wanted to do it fully but ran out of pure chunks of Hardstone and the Gekkos on 2-2 stopped appearing).

I don't feel like my soul level is a problem. I brought around 400 Hard arrows the last time and it was a pain to waste so many of them. I will have to see if I can get close enough to use a Kunai, I haven't done much soul farming in the game (bar maybe for flamelurker and for firestorm).

Do you have a 2nd compound longbow? what you want is a viscious compound longbow+5, made from spiderstones. The lavabow(spiders soul with a +7 or +9 bow not sure which) might better than the CLB+9. i think you're firing arrows from waay off.

2nd time you bump into him, time your run, have good fire protection, buy water veil and caste it on yourself. If you time the run right, you won't get hit and if you do get hit the protection should enable you to survive and run on. run up under the door edge and hit R3 to lock on to him adn fire away at your hearts content.

If you have the clever rats ring, morion blade and makato sword there's a quicker way to knock him out. If want to know just say so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

He hasn't done 4-3 yet though so he wouldn't have the Morion Blade.

noodler if you're looking to gain a few soul levels I find 4-3 to be the best. You'll get about 25000 souls in about 5 minutes. I used to do a run through 4-2 but 4-3 is much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

After killing the Dragon God, I can see what looks like a sword embedded in a portion of the upper walkway, any idea how to get at it? Its got indestructible rubble on either side, so I'm assume there's something I'm missing - presumably this is the sword that Patches wants you to get?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    After killing the Dragon God, I can see what looks like a sword embedded in a portion of the upper walkway, any idea how to get at it? Its got indestructible rubble on either side, so I'm assume there's something I'm missing - presumably this is the sword that Patches wants you to get?

If memory serves, I think you have to have pure white tendency on that world to get up to the sword.

Yep has to be pure whire, if you've already killed the dragon god forget about trying to get it to pure white. when you do get it, don't foget to show to scirvir who shows up only in pure white and he'll give you pure greystone, its the only way to get pure greystone.

Finished the game over the weekend and really enjoyed it. I've gone straight back into New Game + but I made sure to get the foe and friend's rings before I finished. I'm just trying to decide what weapons to focus on for my next playthrough, any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Lorcano

There WILL be a european release sometime this year apparently.Considering all its popularity and the fact they are considering a sequel,not soon but they will.
    Its probably my favourite game. Sure the fun isnt as immediate as other games and its very hard. hell if it was for wii it would ask you to bend over and call it daddy.Since its so hard though nothing is more rewarding as progressing through it.Biorr is a bro, yuria...
    sticky white stuff
    ;) and i hate ostrava...STOP DYING YOUR WORSE THAN ME:pac:.
    10/10 IN MY BOOK. suprised at how many have it in ireland.:confused:

Do you have a link about the European release?

• Advertisement

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/demons-souls-uk-release-uncertain

heres another thing. it was never meant to be released out of japan but because of its popularity it came to america. same will happen for europe but you se Atlus cant publish in europe which is a problem. but there are romours that publishers like Square enix and ubisofts are fighting to win the rights to publish. itll be out this year, but why wait. go to EB games america and order from america. its cheaper and theres less of a wait.:D:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Lorcano wrote: »

That article is over 8 months old...:rolleyes:

true. that was all i could find at the time but on the atlus forum theres been talking. it will come but seriously...why wait.the link is old but my info is legit. theres even a petition for a european release...but its kind pathetic . :here::( http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/demonssoulseu/

do you happen to have half a million friends....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

only thing i wish they didnt do was have region locked the game understandable why they did it but for the reason that the online region locked i couldn't challenge or help my friends , very hard trying to play online with the Asian version of the game i get more fails than joining a game . the sequel better have a worldwide release though ive no problem importing it :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I have the asian version and once I sorted out my router I didn't have any trouble. Plenty of lag but this isn't a game that lives or dies because of lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Finished it today after 50 odd hours at soul level 74.

Amazing game but the end is a bit of an antclimax and the last boss is a joke.

Have to say, when I bought this back in October I thought it was going to be a bit like Oblivion or Fall Out 3 in that I'd play 8 hours or so, get fed up and stop playing. But I couldn't stop.

Started New Game + and flying through it. Much easier the second time around.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

After the initial steep learning curve this game was cake.

After the flamelurker I was pwned eveyr boss - once you learn how to farm souls and find out which technqiues work the best.

I grew up with Commodore 64 - not only did you have to restart many games when you died you also might have had to reload for 10 minutes!

So yeah, great game but not the "brutal" game I was expecting.

I always have to laugh these days as well when a game gets called tough but compared to the 8-bit and 16-bit days there's really nothing that comes close. DMC3 maybe but other than some old school homages like Contra Shattered Soldier most games that a pronounced as the hardest games ever are actually cake walks. It seems these days if a game has harsh checkpointing or if you actually die in it it's proclaimed as being tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

In 3-1 I left a blue soulsign outside False Idols entrance, but when I got summoned I ended up being a black phantom, with this towel thing above my head and a boss health bar saying Old Monk on it, but there was no boss there just some other guy i was PVPing against. Is this a scripted event or what? :eek:

Hehe, pretty awesome isn't it :D I won't spoil what it is but lets say if you put down a blue stone there's a chance it will happen again.

• Advertisement

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    In 3-1 I left a blue soulsign outside False Idols entrance, but when I got summoned I ended up being a black phantom, with this towel thing above my head and a boss health bar saying Old Monk on it, but there was no boss there just some other guy i was PVPing against. Is this a scripted event or what? :eek:

Battle your way to 3-3 and find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I started this game on Tuesday, managed to get a few hours in since then. I have defeated the demons in 1-1 and 1-2 (with the help of a blur phantom), I cant get to 1-3 it says i have to defeat something or another first. So i am on 2-1 now, I have bastard sword +3, and its very effective, although i can only use it properly with 2 hands, I started with Knight class, and have been distributing the stats out evenly enough when i have souls. Anybody have any good tips to start with?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

thorbarry wrote: »
    Anybody have any good tips to start with?

Well at the start, you can't go wrong with using and upgrading the Winged Spear.

I'm on soul lever 28 now with the bastard sword +4. I havent completed the boss on 2-1 he's a bit tough for me now, but i battled the way to the boss on 3-1 easily enough, got her health to about half and got killed. If i get a strategy i am sure i can defeat it. Anybody got any tips on the boss? The only spell i know is flame toss, and I have been using the bastard sword to take away alot of her hp with a few blows. I picked up the "babys nail" before i got nuked, is it any use?

Anybody got any tips on the boss?

Scrap that. I beat her on my second go, just needed to be cautious is all, now i'm on soul level 32 :)

Farm moonstones in world 3 to upgrade weapons. Use the 3-1's bosses soul to get soul arrow off freke. Handy bit of magic.

Babys nail is alright, its mainly effective in MP, as there's a chance it will inflict plague. does'nt inflict enough damage in single player and most enemies does'nt last long enough for plague to be any advantage.

Farm moonstones in world 3 to upgrade weapons. Use the 3-1's bosses soul to get soul arrow off freke. Handy bit of magic.

Ah ok, I have been using the bosses souls to get more demon souls, should I be holding on to them? So far I have used the ones from 1-1, 1-2 and 3-1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Ah ok, I have been using the bosses souls to get more demon souls, should I be holding on to them?

Don't EVER eat the boss souls. EVER...:rolleyes:

So far I have used the ones from 1-1, 1-2 and 3-1

Use them for magic, miracles and weapon upgrades..:D

Read the wiki.

Ah ok, I have been using the bosses souls to get more demon souls, should I be holding on to them? So far I have used the ones from 1-1, 1-2 and 3-1

Yeah souls equal weapons\magic. You missed out on the scraping spear with phalanx(not great, good in multiplayer), warding with the tower knight(strong protection spell, never bothered with myself, would rather dodge, altho some people swear by the spell), and soul arrow from 3-1(a handy enough spell for the start).

Whatever you do, do not eat 2-2's soul, very bad thing to do.

• Advertisement

Whatever you do, do not eat 2-2's soul, very bad thing to do.

Cool, i wont. I am doing 3-2 at the moment, boy that level is frustrating. I died alot. Mainly stupid deaths, the enemies are easy enough in it tho, I can kill them with about 3/4 swipes with my sword.

Advertisement