Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

3-2 is all about the boss, possibly one of the toughest bosses there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Can anyone recommend somewhere online where I can order a copy of Demon Souls?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Try videogamesplus.ca or axelmusic.com for the NA version (VG+ have it in stock). Failing that try NCSX for the NA or Asian version. Then try yesasia.com for the Asian version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

3-2 is all about the boss, possibly one of the toughest bosses there.

Yea the boss at 3-2 is tough, I think I will try him a bit later in the game. In the meantime I went back to 2-1 to beat that spider boss using only melee attacks :D It was tough but I did it, I only got something like 7 or 8 thousand souls for it tho, so I was only able to increase one stat

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

GothPunk wrote: »
    Try videogamesplus.ca or axelmusic.com for the NA version (VG+ have it in stock). Failing that try NCSX for the NA or Asian version. Then try yesasia.com for the Asian version.

Is there any advantage to getting either version?

Myself and Burning Eclipse are going to get the same version but are wondering are there any advantages to getting the Asian or NA version.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You might get slightly better pings from the american version and the localisation is a bit better, not that it's bad in the asian version anyway. However the Asian version got a platinum release recently so you might be able to get it cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You might get slightly better pings from the american version and the localisation is a bit better, not that it's bad in the asian version anyway. However the Asian version got a platinum release recently so you might be able to get it cheaper.

Thanks Retr0, I know it was probably mentioned throughout the thread but I didn't want to go fishing in case I read a spoiler or something I didn't want to.

Well I'd put my money on American then by the sounds of it if the only advantage the Asian version has is price

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Just picked up a US copy from eBay.
    Loving it loads - only problem is getting kicked off the tv by my oh.
    Have tended to hog it.

Bit of a shock at first - how easy it was to die. Guess have been trained by all the button mashers over the years. But peristence definitely pays off here, not that I have gotten much further - but each time I play now it is getting easier.

Pity they would not release it over here. Big loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

And it only took well over a year :D I thought Squaresoft used to be bad. Now non importers have no excuse not to play the best game of last year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

About damn time too.

I must say I giggled a little at the Kotaku commenter who just posted "so the world might be mended".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Hmmm,

I'm only after getting a PS3, and forgot about this.

I'm guessing that it'll be a good few months before it's published for EU, and I'm tempted to import now.

Any opinions on whether I should import or wait? (Will the US servers be open for EU players for example, or if the EU servers are standalone would I be better waiting as they'll be busier hence more PVP and co-op etc, and also more suitable for a newbie playing the game?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

So a 3rd copy for me then. Or will they share the servers with the US?

Might as well just import it. The servers are still busy and in PvP you are paired against people with similar levels to you. I'd imagine the servers for the EU version would be very busy on release as well but a lot of people have imported already.

EU servers will be standalone more than likely like the asian and us ones being standalone.

Th best piece of advise I can give is just make sure you don't miss out on this game!

25th June Euro release, might just hold on until then I suppose, have plenty to keep me occupied in the meantime with SSFIV coming out in a few weeks,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

A-Trak wrote: »
    25th June Euro release, might just hold on until then I suppose, have plenty to keep me occupied in the meantime with SSFIV coming out in a few weeks,

Great new for people that havent yet played this game. Dont be put off by the difficulty, it actually isnt as hard as some make it out to be. Its just not as easy as most "next gen" games, it doesnt hold your hand all the way through

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

thorbarry wrote: »
    Great new for people that havent yet played this game. Dont be put off by the difficulty, it actually isnt as hard as some make it out to be. Its just not as easy as most "next gen" games, it doesnt hold your hand all the way through

Thats good to hear, the only thing putting me off, was how hard the Game is. My skills have gotten really bad this generation. May give this a look when it comes out.

I think the difficulty has been blown out of proportion as well. It's just tougher than what we are used to this generation but it's perfectly manageable and summoning co-op help makes the game a whole lot more manageable.

Once you get used to the styles and different enemies and the weapons available it does get much easier.

Initially it seems tough - and the constant reset to the beginning of the level - while harsh - does over time encourage you to learn more about how to survive.

This game is definitely one of those you will not put down when you pick it up - well except for the early stages when you get a little frustrated - but take a break and come back - it is well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Got a used US version copy of this for a rip-off price of 40 quid from some guy in adverts because of all the praise I've read about it :eek: Died twice in the first world after the tutorial and haven't touched the game since lol. Losing all the souls I've collected just instinctively made me turn off my PS3 :D

Been playing God of War 3 and Bayonetta though, so will have another crack at it when I'm done with those 2. How long did it take for you to finish this game?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

jamescd wrote: »
    Got a used US version copy of this for a rip-off price of 40 quid from some guy in adverts because of all the praise I've read about it :eek: Died twice in the first world after the tutorial and haven't touched the game since lol. Losing all the souls I've collected just instinctively made me turn off my PS3 :D

Been playing God of War 3 and Bayonetta though, so will have another crack at it when I'm done with those 2. How long did it take for you to finish this game?

Long enough. I'd say you're looking at 25-35 hours for a standard playthrough (maybe even longer, my save file might've been in the 40s), considerably more if you're looking for all items etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

That's not too bad, thought it would be longer since you have to go back at the beginning of every level if you die

Damn my impulse buying!

Read through the entire thread over the weekend and couldn't wait 'till June.
    US copy bought via Ebay.

Can't bloody wait.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Damn my impulse buying!

Read through the entire thread over the weekend and couldn't wait 'till June.
    US copy bought via Ebay.

Can't bloody wait.:)

When you play the game you'll be glad you didn't wait

smooch71 wrote: »
    When you play the game you'll be glad you didn't wait

Bloody hell, it's one hell of a time sink.

Popped it on last night after the football, with intention of a quick browse for 30 mins or so, didn't get to be 'till 4am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭potsy86

i so want this game but the owl one's credit card on the blink at the moment (so she sez!) :mad: 46e new from VGP that guy got ripped with the used one

i want it :mad:

I'm tired now and really need a decent nights sleep.
    Closing my eyes all I see are replays of the battles or the dungeons I have just played through.

Work is no escape either, not enough coffee there to keep me going until I get home.

And home... Gawd - practically begging the wife to go to bed early - first night she was "Oooh..." but when I didn't come up until the early hours - dog house there too.

Not sure if there is a clinic or a med to break this habit - but even if there was no way would I want to break this addiction.

Now - faff off the lot of ye - I am off hunting dragons / arch-demons - it never stops....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭potsy86

Taltos wrote: »
    I'm tired now and really need a decent nights sleep.
    Closing my eyes all I see are replays of the battles or the dungeons I have just played through.

Work is no escape either, not enough coffee there to keep me going until I get home.

And home... Gawd - practically begging the wife to go to bed early - first night she was "Oooh..." but when I didn't come up until the early hours - dog house there too.

Not sure if there is a clinic or a med to break this habit - but even if there was no way would I want to break this addiction.

Now - faff off the lot of ye - I am off hunting dragons / arch-demons - it never stops....

me so jealous rite now i so want this game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Bloody hell, it's one hell of a time sink.

Popped it on last night after the football, with intention of a quick browse for 30 mins or so, didn't get to be 'till 4am.

It's not the kind of game you can just dip into casually I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

potsy86 wrote: »
    me so jealous rite now i so want this game

On the plus side, everyone who buys the Euro release gets fancy new stuff like soundtracks and guides written by the dudes who run the Demon Souls wiki (anyone who has just started playing should bookmark that almost compulsory website). Let's just hope people get on the Euro servers and start working quickly - the game really is based around it's almost anonymous community.

Advertisement