Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Continue on with 1-2 or go to world 2. They'd be your best bets now. Bring a piercing weapon for 2, winged spear on the first stage of the bridge of 1-2 is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Continue on with 1-2 or go to world 2. They'd be your best bets now. Bring a piercing weapon for 2, winged spear on the first stage of the bridge of 1-2 is the best.

Yeah I've gotten the winged spear and it is certainly a potent weapon.

Only issue is my stupid thief is too weak to hold it one handed at the moment

Actually is there any skill/attribute that directly effects movement speed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I love this paltry 3000 souls stories. Try 550,000, admittedly it was only 1 and a bit soul levels but it still hurt.

It might be paltry to you, but I'm a level 1 Royal, and it was all the souls I had ever gained. It's all relative... I lost about 4 soul levels worth of souls.

Vegeta wrote: »
    Actually is there any skill/attribute that directly effects movement speed?

Depends on your Endurance stat and equipment weight, the lower your equipment to max load stat ratio is the better mobility you have. anything above 50% of your max load will significantly slow you down and reduce the roll\dodge to a joke. With a lower equipment to max load ratio, you can dodge\roll further and move faster. To be honest as long as i'm below 50% i don't care, only go lower when i want to make certain shortcut jumps.

Every point you put into endurnace increases your max load by 2. high endurance means you can carry better armour\weapons.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd actually say go with 2-1 first since there's shortcuts in that level and you gain access to the best blacksmith in the game. If you don't open him up until late in the game you can end up upgrading your weapons along the wrong path and not being able to upgrade them the way you should.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Depends on your Endurance stat and equipment weight, the lower your equipment to max load stat ratio is the better mobility you have. anything above 50% of your max load will significantly slow you down and reduce the roll\dodge to a joke. With a lower equipment to max load ratio, you can dodge\roll further and move faster. To be honest as long as i'm below 50% i don't care, only go lower when i want to make certain shortcut jumps.

Every point you put into endurnace increases your max load by 2. high endurance means you can carry better armour\weapons.

Actually the only difference in movement/roll speed is the 50% treshold, if you're over 50% you do the "hipporoll" and if you're under it's a set increase. It doesen't actually get faster the lower your equip weight is.

But the biggest tip I can give new players is to try and stay under the 50% equip mark as being able to roll / dodge is essential late game and in NG+. Ring of great strength is great for this in body form. Also armour really doesen't make much of a difference later on so it's not a big deal.

Also don't go over 40 endurance as that's the limit for stamina increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Big Knox wrote: »
    Actually the only difference in movement/roll speed is the 50% treshold, if you're over 50% you do the "hipporoll" and if you're under it's a set increase. It doesen't actually get faster the lower your equip weight is.

But the biggest tip I can give new players is to try and stay under the 50% equip mark as being able to roll / dodge is essential late game and in NG+. Ring of great strength is great for this in body form. Also armour really doesen't make much of a difference later on so it's not a big deal.

Also don't go over 40 endurance as that's the limit for stamina increase.

Perfect, you just answered my follow up question.

SO every player has identical movement and roll speed as long as they are under 50% load. Correct

Vegeta wrote: »
    Perfect, you just answered my follow up question.

SO every player has identical movement and roll speed as long as they are under 50% load. Correct

Yep, once you're under 50% you have the increased movement and roll speed which is absolutely necessary for pvp!! The higher level you get the less armour makes a difference also, ideally you're going to want to end up with 40 endurance if you're playing any type of melee so you'll have max stam and a decent equip weight to play around with.

State the obvious award here, but I only recently bought Demon's Souls.

This game is excellent!

I'm finished 1-1 (died lots :o) 1-2 (died a few times :() and 2-1 (didn't die once :)). I think I'm into the mindset of the game now. Going to head back to 1-2 to kill the red dragon. I was very close to killing him in 1-1 but he flew off and didn't come back. Then on to 3-1 I think.

When can I come back to 1-3... really enjoyed Boletaria Palace!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ArtXus

hi guys I have one copy of this superb game for sell... Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Took care of the Adjudicator demon last night. How easy was he? By far the easiest boss so far!
    On to the Valley of Defilement!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah he is really simple to kill which is weird because the level he is in is so tough. Still managed to die on him the first time :)

Yeah your right at first it is quite a difficult level, took me about a day and a half to get to the boss. Although i wasn't making things easy for myself by not actually knowing how to use magic ( damn you Korean copy). But now I'm all Wiki'ed up so no more excuses. Once you know what your doing though it's easily the best level for farming, I think you get approx 10,000 souls on a run through so then just rinse and repeat. Happy day's!:)

weiland79 wrote: »
    Yeah your right at first it is quite a difficult level, took me about a day and a half to get to the boss. Although i wasn't making things easy for myself by not actually knowing how to use magic ( damn you Korean copy). But now I'm all Wiki'ed up so no more excuses. Once you know what your doing though it's easily the best level for farming, I think you get approx 10,000 souls on a run through so then just rinse and repeat. Happy day's!:)

If you've beaten 4-1 then theres a much easier way to farm, although I will admit this may make farming too easy but read on if you that's not an issue.

At the start of 4-2, equip a good bow and the ring of averice. Drop off the ledge and run down the stone corridor, when you get to the edge look down and immediatly shoot the reaper standing on the altar. He gives roughly 6k souls when he dies (awhile since I done it not 100%) as soon as he dies turn and run back up the corridor and jump off the cliff. You will spawn back at the start and simply repeat as many times as you like picking up your bloodstain on the way.

You can make 100k souls in about 30 minutes, also if you complete the level the merchant spawns in the stone corridor and has cheap arrows and grass, anytime you need some do a quick reaper run for 6k souls, buy your arrows/grass and your out in 3 mins flat!!

That sounds great. I'll try this tonight.

Finish 4-2 and 4-3 for major farming, 4-2 can be tough, i'd advise having a decent bow equipped as a secondary weapon and a magic defense shield(dark shield, from cloudstones). Start at 4-3 and work you're way back. Do not kill the hyena dude, as devious as he is, he's the only one that sells heavy arrows. Also hold onto compound long bow that you got on the keep in 4-1, run through world 2 to collect spider stones and make the vicious compund long bow. Best bow in the game and it makes 4-3 so much easier.

BTw is your character female?, there's a soul boosting item in world 3 that only females can hold, stacks with the ring of avarice.

Yeah i picked that item up already but unforunately am playing as a man, a Knight to be specific. I have been using the long bow but you think the compound long bow is better so might give this a try later. In regards to armour have you any suggestions?
    Also is it possible to sell any items that i don't think I'll need.

The souls you find lying around can be eaten for more souls, just don't eat the boss souls since you need them for upgrades and magic. Took me until near the end of the game to figure you could use the souls you find.

Yeah i picked that item up already but unforunately am playing as a man, a Knight to be specific. I have been using the long bow but you think the compound long bow is better so might give this a try later. In regards to armour have you any suggestions?
    Also is it possible to sell any items that i don't think I'll need.

Compund longbow Its better once you start upgrading it, once you get onto a decent dexterity stat, its the best in the game.

Armour its depends how you play. If you're a tank all block and slash, the fluted armour is pretty good. Personally i like mobility so try to get a match of lightness and defense, do alot of mix and matching. Yurts armour is pretty good and cool loooking. best balance is old king dorans, its light and has good fire defense. for a tank, Biorr would be the best, but its ridiculousl heavy.

Can't sell items, just drop them off to stockpile gary or just dump em. I'd a ridiculous amount of weapons.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The souls you find lying around can be eaten for more souls, just don't eat the boss souls since you need them for upgrades and magic. Took me until near the end of the game to figure you could use the souls you find.

Do you mean The soliders souls etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

I asked all the shops in town today for this game and got answers ranging from "no, never heard of it and it's not on our list which means either it doesn't exist or we won't be selling it" to "yeah I think it's out sometime in June".

How are ye playing this game?

The demons souls and colorless d.souls can be made into weapons\magic. check the wiki, some demon souls can be used several times so requires several playthroughs, for the play you need to have played in newgame+++. for example phalanx soul plus any spear+8 will turn into a scraping spear, dragon gods soul will give you rage of god or firestorm spells.

Game came out in asia last year, the us around september. PS3 games are region free, so we ordered it from it ebay or vg+.

The demons souls and colorless d.souls can be made into weapons\magic.

Game came out in asia last year, the us around september. PS3 games are region free, so we ordered it from it ebay or vg+.

So does that mean that the colourless d.souls are not needed for anything else other than up-ing your soul level. I don't need them for upgrading weapons or magic?

Or if your lucky like me maybe someone from adverts.ie will sell it to you at a reasonable price. Cheers to Moz for my copy!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Or if your lucky like me maybe someone from adverts.ie will sell it to you at a reasonable price. Cheers to Moz for my copy!:)

Oh sh*t, you're right and all! 8 ads up there. Must've been some lads making a bit of profit on them too ;)

No no hold onto colorless demons souls, they upgrade certain weapons, for example the adjudictors shield regens health, the more colorless souls you put into it, the quicker the regen. Other unique weapons use the c.less soul. soliders, hero etc soul are consumable. check the demons souls page on the wiki. Also one of the final miracles requires 3 colorless souls. there's only 9/10 colorless in each play through(prime evil demons drop em(1 per world and its not a guranteed drop), 2 can be traded with crow, 2 in the assasin quests and 1 beyond the gate at the start of 1-1).

No no hold onto colorless demons souls, they upgrade certain weapons, for example the adjudictors shield regens health, the more colorless souls you put into it, the quicker the regen. Other unique weapons use the c.less soul. soliders, hero etc soul are consumable. check the demons souls page on the wiki. Also one of the final miracles requires 3 colorless souls. there's only 9/10 colorless in each play through(prime evil demons drop em(1 per world and its not a guranteed drop), 2 can be traded with crow, 2 in the assasin quests and 1 beyond the gate at the start of 1-1).

Wow ok back to the wiki I go. Thanks.

I can't unlock 1-3 yet, but does anyone have tips on how to 'whiten' Boletaria Castle? I've killed all the demons. I want that gate open!!!

Also, I entered 4-1 for the laugh. SLAUGHTERED.

I can't unlock 1-3 yet, but does anyone have tips on how to 'whiten' Boletaria Castle? I've killed all the demons. I want that gate open!!!

Also, I entered 4-1 for the laugh. SLAUGHTERED.

I could be wrong but i think WT has to be black for that gate to open.
    And as for 4-1 it is well hard. For me playing as a Knight i found for the skeletons, when they are rolling lock on hold your shield up let him hit you then counter with a heavy attack. Usually two heavy attacks will do it.Also make sure you have bow and arrows equipped to take care of the flying Mantas.
    Oh and be careful of the floor traps there are 4 i think, when you step on them press your body up against the wall and let the arrows fly by you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Or if your lucky like me maybe someone from adverts.ie will sell it to you at a reasonable price.

Ahem.......:)

• Advertisement

I could be wrong but i think WT has to be black for that gate to open.
    And as for 4-1 it is well hard. For me playing as a Knight i found for the skeletons, when they are rolling lock on hold your shield up let him hit you then counter with a heavy attack. Usually two heavy attacks will do it.Also make sure you have bow and arrows equipped to take care of the flying Mantas.
    Oh and be careful of the floor traps there are 4 i think, when you step on them press your body up against the wall and let the arrows fly by you.

Pure White or Pure Black. I thought after killing the Red Dragon I'd be a Pure White, but I'm not...

4-1 was a joke for me. I'm only 3 slain demons into the game 1-1, 1-2 and 2-1, so 4-1 is a long way off yet. Thanks for the tips though.

Advertisement