Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

weiland79 wrote: »
    I could be wrong but i think WT has to be black for that gate to open.

Thats the gate down the stairs at the very start. Pure white or pure black will do and prepare for a little surprise.

For the 1-3 gate to open(fog dissapear), you have to have completed at least 1 world(i.e killed all the demons from it).

As for pure white, you need to ave killed at least 2 demons and not have died in full body form in that level. Every demon you kill moves the world towards pure white, everytime you die in full bodied form moves the world towards black tendency. You can also move a world towards ure white by killing a black phantom invader.

BTW you do know the nearer a world is to pure black, the higher the soul gain. In 4-2 its about 100K+ souls difference.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

4-1 was a joke for me. I'm only 3 slain demons into the game 1-1, 1-2 and 2-1, so 4-1 is a long way off yet. Thanks for the tips though.

World 5 is when it gets really annoying! As for 4-1 it's really just learning how to best take out the skeleton warriors. They are tough but once you have a method you will be fine. Watch your stamina though since blocking their attacks is very important.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

This is a tough game, there is no way I could finish a level without dying

Really enjoying it though

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    World 5 is when it gets really annoying! As for 4-1 it's really just learning how to best take out the skeleton warriors. They are tough but once you have a method you will be fine. Watch your stamina though since blocking their attacks is very important.

At least with world 4 you get a decent return on the souls, world 5 is bloody tough, annoying and you get sfa souls compared to 4.

Do you guys do much invading as Black Phantoms?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Vegeta wrote: »

Maybe not first time through, but when you think about it, you have finished 3 levels without dying, because any death sends you back to the start and resets enemies... So, any level you've finished, you had to finish without dying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Funnily enough once you get the hang of the game i find it quite easy to fly through the levels I've completed. It's really not that difficult once you get the short cuts opened up and you have the right tools for the job.
    The way I've been playing it is to play 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, 4-1, 5-1 and then I'll go back to 1-2 etc.For me this method has worked very well and i haven't encountered anything that has given me too much heart ache....Yet!

Do you guys do much invading as Black Phantoms?

I haven't tried this yet, But my game was invaded the other night and he gave me such a fright that i just ran away until he gave up :D

Invading did a bit when i was getting the characer soul to pure black. Ran into 3 guys too many times.

Maybe not first time through, but when you think about it, you have finished 3 levels without dying, because any death sends you back to the start and resets enemies... So, any level you've finished, you had to finish without dying :)

While true there is no way I could just waltz into 3-1 and finish it on my first attempt. My character isn't great for this and I am not anywhere near 1337 enough

• Advertisement

Invading did a bit when i was getting the characer soul to pure black. Ran into 3 guys too many times.

Ouch, I can only imagine that feeling.

There's no penalty for being killed by another player is there?

I'm not sure but i think you lose a soul level. Took out 3 once or twice but got my ass handed to me most of the time. Don't forgot the enemy AI in the level ignore you as a black phantom, so if you see three try and run past them and ambush them when they're in the middle of a fight with enemy AI.

I picked up RDR this morning but i actually cannot see myself opening it until i finish this game. It really does deserve all the plaudits it gets.

So you should be starting RDR in a few months time then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I thought you only lost a soul level when you break into some ones world and suicide? If you are killed by a black phantom you just lose the souls you are carrying.

Oops i was wrong you're Partly correct, dieing of poison and plague do it as well. I lost the levels in world 4-2, so chances are i fell off a cliff.
    Black Eye Stone
    In addition to the Blue Eye Stone, Demon's Souls has the "Black Eye Stone" and it has a slightly different function. It allows a Soul form player to force their way into another Body form adventurer's game to hunt down and kill. Successfully killing the host revives the Black Phantom into his/her body. Regular enemies in the stage do not react to the Black Phantom, even if attacked. Enemies killed by the Black Phantom will only grant Souls to the host. A similar formula applies to using the black eye stone, although you will never be invaded by another player higher than your soul level.

If the invading Phantom dies due to the environment of the stage (e.g. falling off a cliff, rolling ball trap in 1-x, Red Dragon in 1-2, etc) his/her Soul Level will decrease by one, deducting a level from his/her highest stat. Further, dying from either poison or plague will also cause the Black Phantom to lose a Soul Level.

Only one Black Phantom can invade a single host at a give time. 2

Red Eye Stone
    Another aspect of PVP is using the "Red Eye Stone", an item you gain by killing the Maiden in Black during the End Game sequence. Red Eye Stones are used to create Red Soul Signs which can be seen by other Body form players of the appropriate Soul Level range. The Body form player, or host, can choose to summon the user of the Red Eye Stone, who will enter the host's world as a Black Phantom. Unlike the Black Eye Stone, the host, any supporting Blue Phantoms will lose a single Soul Level if killed by the Black Phantom, and vice versa.

So you should be starting RDR in a few months time then.

I'm sure your right... Is there not a Cowboy suit i can equip as armour maybe a couple of little six shooters and maybe one of those toy horse things, you know the ones with the horses head on a stick. I could ride around all day slaying demons ye haw!

There is the fat ministers hat, looks like clints hat from the good the bad and the ugly and homing soul arrow does fire six soul arrows.

There is the fat ministers hat, looks like clints hat from the good the bad and the ugly and homing soul arrow does fire six soul arrows.

But what about my horsey I'm gunna need a horsey!

It just clicked with me what your name means so I'll have a big horsey please

Hey folks, what difference do the arrows make in the game?

Does their damage just add to the bow damage or how does it work?

• Advertisement

There's a damage difference alright, not a huge difference, but when you're pumpig 100+ into the dragons, it makes a difference. White arrows are the strongest but there's only a limited amount. Heavy arrows an be gotten from the Hyena and only him so don't kill him no matter how tempted you are.

Finished 3-1 over the weekend. Fantastic level design. My favourite so far I think.

Now... Back to 2-2 perhaps, or onwards to 4-1... opinions anyone?

Here's a weird one

I am wearing the Old Raggedy Robes but also have in my inventory the fluted armour (starting armour of the knight)

When wearing the old Raggedy Robes my roll speed is unhindered

When I equip the fluted armour I roll like a geriatric arthritic cripple

What's the dealio there. My load hasn't changed a bit

IS it something intrinsic to the armour type i.e. cant roll quickly in heavy armour no matter what the load level is?

Got summoned to play as the old monk boss of 3-3 last night. What a game

Fluted armour weighs a hell of a lot more than the raggedy robes. to roll fully your equipped weight must be less than 50% of your equipment weight limit. There's 2 weight stats, equipment wieght(the max you can wear, what armour you currently have on, shield and equipped weapon including your secondary equipped weapon) and inventory weight(everything you hold). Equipment weight is what you're looking at. Equipment wieght comes from endurance, item weight\burden from vitality.

Demons wiki stats

Fluted armour weighs a hell of a lot more than the raggedy robes. to roll fully your equipped weight must be less than 50% of your equipment weight limit. There's 2 weight stats, equipment wieght(the max you can wear, what armour you currently have on, shield and equipped weapon including your secondary equipped weapon) and inventory weight(everything you hold). Equipment weight is what you're looking at. Equipment wieght comes from endurance, item weight\burden from vitality.

Demons wiki stats

Ahhhhhh now I get it, didn't realise there was an equipped weight at all, thought there was just the inventory weight. Thanking you

Turned on my game last night to discover that Stonefang Tunnel was PBWT... From nowhere?! Last time I was there it was almost PWWT, and I was so close to that huge sword... Any ideas people??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Finally got the adjudicator last night.

In your face you fat bastard.

Turned on my game last night to discover that Stonefang Tunnel was PBWT... From nowhere?! Last time I was there it was almost PWWT, and I was so close to that huge sword... Any ideas people??

Online has a tendency to reset world tendencies every now and then. Happened to me countles times. As its PB i'd highly advise going for the primevil demon and taking out BP scirvir(tough fight) for the talisman of beasts.

Online has a tendency to reset world tendencies every now and then. Happened to me countles times. As its PB i'd highly advise going for the primevil demon and taking out BP scirvir(tough fight) for the talisman of beasts.

I did. The b***** didn't drop a colorless soul :( Will deal with Scirvir tonight. He OHK'd me twice last night, but I have a compound long bow and a plethora of heavy arrows now.

Thats another thing. I killed the primevil demon, but it's still PBWT?! wtf

• Advertisement

I did. The b***** didn't drop a colorless soul :( Will deal with Scirvir tonight. He OHK'd me twice last night, but I have a compound long bow and a plethora of heavy arrows now.

Thats another thing. I killed the primevil demon, but it's still PBWT?! wtf

Have you clever rats ring and morion blade? With them you should be able to triple the arrow damage.

Did'nt move from PBWT? did you go back to the nexus since killing the primevil. Won't move back until you do. Also if it does move, bp scirvir will dissapear. Primveil demons unfortunately don't gurantee and colorless demons soul drop, high drop rate but every now and then you won't get one.

Advertisement