Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Have you clever rats ring and morion blade? With them you should be able to triple the arrow damage.

Did'nt move from PBWT? did you go back to the nexus since killing the primevil. Won't move back until you do. Also if it does move, bp scirvir will dissapear. Primveil demons unfortunately don't gurantee and colorless demons soul drop, high drop rate but every now and then you won't get one.

I have the clever rats ring. And yes, I did return to the nexus. I went in and out of 2-1 a few times last night due to trips to Ed! No change, just pure black - constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

The us version at times changes world tendencies on the servers, pure black last halloween, pure white at christmas, dunno if they're at it now.

The us version at times changes world tendencies on the servers, pure black last halloween, pure white at christmas, dunno if they're at it now.

I know it seems like I've an answer for everything, but I have the Asian version... Just stumped by this. Should take it as an opportunity to kill Scirvir and be happy I suppose!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just stumped by this. Should take it as an opportunity to kill Scirvir and be happy I suppose!!

I have no evidence to back this up, but I have a sneaking suspicion that From Software have programmed a hidden camera in the PS3 / sensor in Six Axis to activate at regular intervals in order to read what emotions you're feeling. If you aren't sufficiently frustrated, the game reprogrammes on the fly to annoy you.

I know it seems like I've an answer for everything, but I have the Asian version... Just stumped by this. Should take it as an opportunity to kill Scirvir and be happy I suppose!!

If you're using any sort of magic, the talisman of beasts from scirvir is a must, lets you cast magic and miracles in 1 weapon.

• Advertisement

Playthrough 1 is done, and I feel like an idiot tbh! I finished up with about 75k in souls. Now I'm back in 1-1 with enough souls to make any death heartbreaking. I have no idea why I didn't spend every last one before progressing... :(

Still, what a game!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Have to admit am taking a small break from that false king - best I have been able to do is get him to 1/2 health.

Then before I get a chance to top up health etc hits me twice rapidly in a row and I am gone.
    Have to do him in though as all other archstones beaten.

Level up a bit, go to world 4 get some souls and level up. you might need to change our fighting style also, had to totally revamp mine after levelling up 30 or so levels to fight him.

you might need to change our fighting style also, had to totally revamp mine after levelling up 30 or so levels to fight him.

Tell me about it! I started as a Royal. Made the start of the game considerably easier alright, but at this stage (Soul level 80) I don't even have a catalyst equipped. Sword and shield ftw.

Taltos... if I was to give advice it would be to play in human form and summon 2 blue phantoms. Simple. You will destroy him!

If you're not online, then perhaps it's time to level up. Give us an idea of soul level, build, etc.?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Playthrough 1 is done, and I feel like an idiot tbh! I finished up with about 75k in souls. Now I'm back in 1-1 with enough souls to make any death heartbreaking. I have no idea why I didn't spend every last one before progressing... :(

Still, what a game!

Only 75K in souls? I had 350K+ in souls. Went back to 1-1 and the white world tendency door was open so ventured in and died twice losing all those souls :'(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Only 75K in souls? I had 350K+ in souls. Went back to 1-1 and the white world tendency door was open so ventured in and died twice losing all those souls :'(

Is that the one just to the left at the start of the level? Got in there during one of the WWT events, 'tis a cruel mistress. 1-1 is a bit misleading on the whole in NG+, it lured me into a false sense of security only for 2-1 to put me back in my place.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah that's the one. I did a lot of co-op on 3-1 and 4-1 (and had an absolute blast doing it) so it must have changed to WWT when I defeated 4-1 with 2 blue souls. Damn, I really want to play this again. I've a save in the middle of a second playthrough and a new game as a magician character.

Just made bits of 1-1, surprisingly easy when you know how. My souls are safe... :)

I'm under no illusions that the rest will be as easy however. I will probably head off to 2-1 now so I can get back to upgrading my weapons and then 3-1
    to rescue Freke

Mini-bump here.

Finding NG+ to provide an adequate challenge. 2-1 was fine tbh, went to 4-1 for a bit and I'm finding that I have to work on endurance/stamina management a lot more than in the first playthrough!!

For those who don't own this game, it's coming out on Friday here in Europe! Get it!

For those who've completed it... Has anyone gone for a playthrough with all tendency events in one go??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

So is anyone triple dipping this friday? I'm pretty tempted!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

So this is finally out on Friday. I can just see this thread going on and on and on. I think it may have been mentioned before but It's worth saying again THIS GAME IS SAVAGE. Oh and AnCappilMor is Mr. Demons souls so i expect him to be quite busy answering Q's. Good luck with that AnCappilMor!

Demons Souls - the thread that never dies. Ironic given how many times you will die in the game.

Demons Souls - the thread that never dies. Ironic given how many times you will die in the game.

:pac::pac::pac:

I was tempted initially. A friend might be picking this up, so if he enjoys it as much as I've told him he has to, I might buy again to play with him. Absolutely no problem starting over! If he doesn't dig it, I'll stick to the ol' Asian copy and my NG+ file.

Most definately getting it, Been away frm the PS3 for a while with BFBC2 on the PC. Loads of new people to invade. I just hpe they do it in the shops here, as of late alot of the non mainsteam games have not been getting shelf time.

Most definately getting it, Been away frm the PS3 for a while with BFBC2 on the PC. Loads of new people to invade. I just hpe they do it in the shops here, as of late alot of the non mainsteam games have not been getting shelf time.

I didn't even think of that... So then, about that Scraping Spear... The joy of BP invasions!

• Advertisement

I used to love the abuse i'd get from people after destroying their armour with the the scraping spear. PSN message : "Noob using the scraping spear", um you're the noob with the heavy armour giving you sfa maneuverability and the keel smasher that a turtle could dodge.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Will the EU game be on its own servers or on the US ones? I have the Asian version but might have to buy it again to play with friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Im hitting it Friday!!! Cant wait :D

RAIN wrote: »
    Im hitting it Friday!!! Cant wait :D

Stop your bragging you should buy the game instead.

Was wondering too about the servers on the EU version, will it have its own servers or will it share the US ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I was gonna pick up the Asian version like 3 days before it got a Euro release date, so i figured id hold out with the fresh Euro players and what-not.

Really looking forward to getting my hands on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Think I might get the EU version just to f*ck peoples games up. Have a pretty solid Pvp build in mind that should wreck people's heads!

Think I might get the EU version just to f*ck peoples games up. Have a pretty solid Pvp build in mind that should wreck people's heads!

Best i came up against was some dude straight away after killing the phalanx, he'd the adjicators shield(maxed out i think), katana and i'm guessing regenerators ring, because i was still at the basic soul level and no matter how much damage i dealt he regen'd it. Fair play to him for getting the shield at 4-1 with such a low soul level.

Best i came up against was some dude straight away after killing the phalanx, he'd the adjicators shield(maxed out i think), katana and i'm guessing regenerators ring, because i was still at the basic soul level and no matter how much damage i dealt he regen'd it. Fair play to him for getting the shield at 4-1 with such a low soul level.

That's not hard to get tbh... Which BP did you kill so early to get the black-eyed stone... That's more impressive imo!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

I thought you need colorless to upgrade Adjudicator? Unless he's on NG+ I'd say it's unlikely.

• Advertisement

There's a youube vid of a jap guy finishing it on soul level 1(well killing allant but i'm guessing he finished on soul level 1). 5 colorless souls is handy enough to get, 2 from crow, 1 by miralda and 2 from the assasinations, the world 2 primevil demon is practiacally at the start.

Advertisement