Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

wow, i just started reading about this game today and i am already dying to get it. it looks fantastic! how much is it in town? is there a special edition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭liverpo

I got the US version at the start of April, had the Plat within 2weeks - some parts are annoying but for most its cool, just do as much online as possible and you'll be cool

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

_sparkie_ wrote: »
    wow, i just started reading about this game today and i am already dying to get it. it looks fantastic! how much is it in town? is there a special edition?

There is only one edition available in Europe, the "Black Phantom Edition", which you get artbook, strategy guide and a soundtrack. Could've swore I saw a €50* sticker on shelf copies yesterday.

*Not 100% certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Anyone spot it on the shelves in limk?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Anyone spot it on the shelves in limk?

Ill be checking HMV in a bit ill let you know if i get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

€50 in Gamestop. Not available for sale or rent in Xtravision.
    Was hoping to rent for a few days to see if I liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Lemegeton

Mr E wrote: »

it took me a lot of hours to realise how awesome the game truly is. the first few hours are a grind and can be quite dull. its an awesome game but it takes time to get its hooks into you. if you are going to rent get it for a week at least.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just buy it. Looks like the european edition has got a very limited print run so if you sell it back you'll get a lot for it. Also you will like it unless you are dead inside. Believe the hype when it comes to this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

45 in gamespot in the crescent. Special ed seems o be the only edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mrm

45 in gamespot in the crescent. Special ed seems o be the only edition.

I picked up the second last of the copies in the local gamestop - special edition. The employee was considering the last copy for himself as he said only standard edition would be available eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

mrm wrote: »
    I picked up the second last of the copies in the local gamestop - special edition. The employee was considering the last copy for himself as he said only standard edition would be available eventually.

There is no standard edition afaik?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Despite having the import, I could not ignore this in HMV for €45. I'll sell on the import at some stage, and although buying a game I already have is silly, I'm sure I'll justify it to myself somehow, like, oh I dunno, it's one of the best games ever made, and all the free stuff looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mrm

There is no standard edition afaik?!

Well it was a gamestop employee - therefore a decent possibility that it was misinformation! Worth checking out thoroughly though if someone wants to wait a while before purchasing - the black phantom edition looks well worth the money.

Good lord, I just had a glimpse at the strategy guide. Damn, I am too long out of college to attempt to take in that amount of information. Is the guide worth reading or does it ruin any of the surprises that the game can throw up?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's hard to say what is a spoiler or fun ruiner in this game. There's so much info that will help you in this game that involves knowing things about important stuff before you do it. It's hard to explain. Almost every aspect of this game is hard to explain.

Suffice to say, you could probably finish all the levels without knowing much about world or character tendencies/colour, being alive/dead and other things, and then maybe look a lot deeper into that the second time around. it's all down the the game itself explaining sooooo little.

I find reading up about stuff I don't know about in this game less spoilerific and more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Picked it up for €50 today...will play later. I got it in in Game, Limerick. They had at least 15 copies behind the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

just ordered it online for €47. Had the jap version but sold it, decided to rebuy because its such a brill game plus its a limited edition.
    Biggest let down of the game is the sad boss at the end , god almighty youll laugh when you see it( if you get that far)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Picked it up today but far too drunk to even attempt it !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

tonydude wrote: »
    just ordered it online for €47. Had the jap version but sold it, decided to rebuy because its such a brill game plus its a limited edition. Biggest let down of the game is
    the sad boss at the end , god almighty youll laugh when you see it( if you get that far)

Here you should insert spoiler dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

ok completely confused with the start of this game now lol ok one minute im alive i then die and now what?? what am i meant to be doing collecting souls?? if so why?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Cold|Fusion

ok completely confused with the start of this game now lol ok one minute im alive i then die and now what?? what am i meant to be doing collecting souls?? if so why?

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Thibor

Is it possible to play co-op with somebody on your friend list?
    I know the Soul Levels are supposed to be similar, but asided from that, my understanding is that it's kind of random as to who joins you. Is that the gist of it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Thibor wrote: »
    Is it possible to play co-op with somebody on your friend list?
    I know the Soul Levels are supposed to be similar, but asided from that, my understanding is that it's kind of random as to who joins you. Is that the gist of it?

You can play with a friend, as you say, you both need to be close in soul level.
    Place your stone in an out-of-the-way place so that only your friend knows about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Thibor

Genius!
    Thank you.. Will give it a bash after the match..

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Started it last night and I like it. Tried 1-1 a few times and got to the same place each time before dying. Not sure how long it will take to get old, but practice makes perfect.

Is it fair to say that the graphics are pretty dated by modern day standards? They look like something that might have been achievable 4 or 5 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Started it last night and I like it. Tried 1-1 a few times and got to the same place each time before dying. Not sure how long it will take to get old, but practice makes perfect.

Is it fair to say that the graphics are pretty dated by modern day standards? They look like something that might have been achievable 4 or 5 years ago.

I would go against the grain of popular thought and say that the level design never quite hits the heights of 1-1 again. That was extremely fun to replay over and over.

I guess that is a fair point about the graphics but I think the scale and number of enemies needs to be taken into account.

BTW if anyone has double (triple) dipped, could they tell me how the Euro guidebook included compares to the US one?

God I got a headache reading the US one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Played abit of it last night and this morning. Enjoying it so far. Not as hard as i thought it would have been, cleared 1-1 and 1-2 with ease. Then i got to 2-1 and died twice on the boss there. Seemed the difficuly just ramped up haha. Got summoned to another guys game and beat him. Although it seems i need to beat him in my body form to advance? I went back in body form and the boss was still alive :(

Played abit of it last night and this morning. Enjoying it so far. Not as hard as i thought it would have been, cleared 1-1 and 1-2 with ease. Then i got to 2-1 and died twice on the boss there. Seemed the difficuly just ramped up haha. Got summoned to another guys game and beat him. Although it seems i need to beat him in my body form to advance? I went back in body form and the boss was still alive :(

You being summoned to someone else's game doesn't affect your game.

All you did was help him beat the boss in his world, you need to place a summon stone near the start of the boss fight (before it starts though) to try and get someone to join your game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

noodler wrote: »
    BTW if anyone has double (triple) dipped, could they tell me how the Euro guidebook included compares to the US one?

God I got a headache reading the US one.
    It's much better than the old guide, it was written in conjunction with the Demon's Souls Wiki people so it's really very well written and has some good advice. Has all the right tables of stats and stuff, a walkthrough and plenty of hints and tips.

*Yeah... I double dipped ^^.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

How are the European servers doing? Busy? Hopefully this will sell the copies it deserves, would be nice to have a good European user base too!

Advertisement