Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

GothPunk wrote: »
    It's much better than the old guide, it was written in conjunction with the Demon's Souls Wiki people so it's really very well written and has some good advice. Has all the right tables of stats and stuff, a walkthrough and plenty of hints and tips.

*Yeah... I double dipped ^^.

Ah thats ok cos you didn't buy the Deluxe edition originally!

I haven't finished my US copy so I won't be double dipping.

Too busy with Peace Walker anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

How are the European servers doing? Busy? Hopefully this will sell the copies it deserves, would be nice to have a good European user base too!
    Well my messages have been recommended a helluva lot more than they were in the American version, and I see lots of White Phantoms, so I'm guessing there enough people on the Euro servers. Hope the game does just as well here as it has elsewhere.
    noodler wrote: »
    Ah thats ok cos you didn't buy the Deluxe edition originally!

I haven't finished my US copy so I won't be double dipping.

Too busy with Peace Walker anyways.
    Yeah the Black Phantom edition was my excuse to double dip ^^. Peace Walker is so very amazing, wish I had more time to play these games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Is it me or does every invader have a miridian hammer?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I think I'm going mad. These graphics look smoother than my other copy. I think the rush to justify buying a game I already have is getting to me.

I did see more blue stones that I have ever seen before, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

So should i read the EU version booklet to get an idea about what is going on or will it ruin the surprise?

Thank goodness its raining i can finally sit inside with a good excuse !!

• Advertisement

In think you have to choose between knowing literally NOTHING and being frustrated with things, or becoming familiar with everything you will encounter in the game, but being a little more wise.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I did see more blue stones that I have ever seen before, though.

Definately there's loads of them. 4-1 was just ridiculous.

very few invasions tho, got 2 in total, i was running around for ages trying to pick a fight last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

My advice would be to play the game through without looking at the guide (if you can!) and then on NG+ use the guide to get the world tendency events etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

My advice would be to play the game through without looking at the guide (if you can!) and then on NG+ use the guide to get the world tendency events etc.

Solid advice and it's what I'm doing for the most part. I'll be honest, I did look at the guide for one or two things though. Like
    that pesky gate in 1-1, I just had to know. Killed Miralda once I got to pure white

Might have a little peek just to see how to play (instructions would prob do that though !! but i never read them :D) Saw a red soul and thought oh he must be telling me where to go follow him ......right off a cliff !! :D

• Advertisement

Saw a red soul and thought oh he must be telling me where to go follow him ......right off a cliff !! :D

Heh!!! the general rule is do the opposite of the red soul.

Re: burning eclipse
    Also opens on pure black as well, with another surprise

The graphics aren't smoother, I just have a different brightness level :)

I like that "This Is Harsh, Evaluate Me" is changed. For a while I thought Blacksmith Boldin had stopped saying "YOW COM BOK ALOYVE".. but then he went ahead and said it, and hasn't stopped. Anyone noticed anything different?

"This is Harsh..." was changed in the US version as well. I'm just glad they've left 'sticky white stuff' in!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

So ive been playing for a while now and there is a few things i dont quite get.

Whats the point in putting down your blue stones if it doesnt advance your game at all? For grinding purposes only?

Is there any advantage to being in body form opposed to being in Soul form? Sure you lose half your health in Soul form but you also get a damage boost.

Cheers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

So ive been playing for a while now and there is a few things i dont quite get.

Whats the point in putting down your blue stones if it doesnt advance your game at all? For grinding purposes only?

It does advance your game if someone helps you in your game, but back in their game, nothing will have changed. For example, if you put a stone down at boss 1, and I help you kill him, job done and world opens up to next area.
    Is there any advantage to being in body form opposed to being in Soul form? Sure you lose half your health in Soul form but you also get a damage boost.

Cheers

In soul form you can be invaded...:D

There is a mountain of info here: http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/home

Yeah I mean i dont see a point in putting down my blue stones if it doesnt advance my game. If they wanna help me thats fine as i have defeated two bosses already with help. Also i thought I could only get invaded while in body from by someone in soul form, hasnt happened to me yet.

Ive been to that wiki already and i end up searching and searching one thing leads to another and im reading to much about it. I hate to spoil my games ;) Just want tidbits of info to help me along :D

Thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Seems to be tough to get hold of. Gamestop and HMV in Grafton Street had none and GAME on Dawson Street only had four left. I picked it up despite having the Asian version for the extras and to play with my mates on the EU servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Loving this game, managed to lose 12k souls (It was alot at the time), nearly cried and had to stop playing for a while.

Yeah I mean i dont see a point in putting down my blue stones if it doesnt advance my game. If they wanna help me thats fine as i have defeated two bosses already with help. Also i thought I could only get invaded while in body from by someone in soul form, hasnt happened to me yet.

You can do trades, .alot of people do it, agree to meet on a prearranged area\time and drop items etc. If you get 2 pure bladestones you can get a kings ransom for 1 of them.

Killing invaders could net you a huge souls gain(depends on how much they had) and also drives up your character tendency towards which ahndy with a certain weapo and also gains you a certain item.

for alot of people its the bonus of being revived, lots f peeps piss through their stone of thingy eyes.

Main thing for me first time i played it, was it gives a pre run of a level without losing the souls if you f up.

Lastly never mind game progress, its bloody fun too.

magill wrote:
    Loving this game, managed to lose 12k souls (It was alot at the time), nearly cried and had to stop playing for a while.

You're going to do that alot and with much much more.

Yeah losing souls is part and parcel of the game. You get by though...

/sobs

• Advertisement

The no checkpoints is driving me nuts if i have to start all over agin ill go bonkers !! :D

What is the story with dying all the enemies are back but any doors ive opened etc are still open ???

Doors\shortcuts you've activated remain there. Most of the levels have features like that. 99% of the enemies will be there again, some won't like the black phantom characters you'll come across every now and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Donabateguy

I'm too upset about this and have to vent somewhere
    Blacksmith Ed just disappeared and i checked it out online and it seems to be because I let Yurt live. Never again. I'm going to find him and do terrible things to him

I'm too upset about this and have to vent somewhere
    Blacksmith Ed just disappeared and i checked it out online and it seems to be because I let Yurt live. Never again. I'm going to find him and do terrible things to him

Most important lesson in DS
    When you free yurt kill him straight away, do not let him move off that ledge, because of the NPC kill thing and his armour is cool. If he falls off the ledge, his armor will be there next time you load the level. First thing i was warned about when i started DS, did'nt even know who yurt was until i bmuped into him

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

They're selling this in Game for 44.99 now, not sure if that's good compared to other places around town, but was "reduced" from 54.99 or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anto86

how come extra vision have not stocked this game yet had a disagreement with the guy on the phone who try'd telling me the game is not even out yet when clearly it is iv seen it with my own eyes only thing is getting a copy of it in stock seems to be peoples problem and my problem im stuck with €50 gift card for extra vision :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

anto86 wrote: »
    how come extra vision have not stocked this game yet had a disagreement with the guy on the phone who try'd telling me the game is not even out yet when clearly it is iv seen it with my own eyes only thing is getting a copy of it in stock seems to be peoples problem and my problem im stuck with €50 gift card for extra vision :mad:

Emm, I hope that the release date was the extent of your argument.

It is hardly his fault if they don't get it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anto86

noodler wrote: »
    Emm, I hope that the release date was the extent of your argument.

It is hardly his fault if they don't get it in.

yup that was the extent of it wouldn't exactly call it an argument as such :rolleyes: but he wouldn't accept that he was wrong he just wouldn't let it go that the game was in fact released already

Ive been trying to get my WT sorted to get some of those events that happen when pure white, but im having problems. I just finished World 2 and was looking to get the weapon you in 2-3 that you can only reach if you have pure white WT. Im pretty sure its pure white, but the path to the weapon is still blocked. I know i died in body form atleast once maybe twice in world 2. So does that mean im fecked till NG+ to get pure white? (assuming it aint pure white atm)

Also im playing online, does that make a difference to WT? I read on the wiki that other players have an effect on my WT. Is this true? All those people dying in bodyform and such effects my WT kinda sucks. To get those pure colour WTs i need to play offline?

Thanks for the help all. I read around online but i just cant seem to get any definate answers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

They're selling this in Game for 44.99 now, not sure if that's good compared to other places around town, but was "reduced" from 54.99 or so.

Haver tried the Gamestops near me and they're both out of stock... bollox and I had it in my hand in the UK and though nah, I'll pick it up when I get back to Eire...!!!
    Will have to wait till i get to Dublin now if Xtravision aren't carrying it!

Advertisement