Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anto86

Noffles wrote: »
    Haver tried the Gamestops near me and they're both out of stock... bollox and I had it in my hand in the UK and though nah, I'll pick it up when I get back to Eire...!!!
    Will have to wait till i get to Dublin now if Xtravision aren't carrying it!

just back from my extravison in Dublin Fairview there delivery's come in on a Thursday as i rang the other day and was told come back Thursday and i asked the manager and she asked is the game out already and i said yes and she replied well if its out already and we haven't got it in then we wont be stocking it :mad:
    think of the profits there losing out on and im stuck with a 50 euro gift card for extravison its silly

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Sold out everywhere in Galway... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I have one on order in HMV Grafton Street, that I no longer need. They'll text me when it gets in so if anyone is stuck I'll let you know when it's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

I'll order it over the internet today, seems to be the only way I'll get it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

got it today (friday) from sendit.com . Looks to be a great package the artwork is nice so is thesound track and the walkthrough is done very well cant wait to start playing it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

This game is killing me ! I keep dying and then getting impatient and trying to rush past all the easy guys to get back to where i was then i get killed because im rushing !

This game is killing me ! I keep dying and then getting impatient and trying to rush past all the easy guys to get back to where i was then i get killed because im rushing !

Thats the type of game it is you must kill each enemy one at a time, plus rushing means youll miss out on the souls of the enemies you havent killed.

I expect to see large amounts of this game in the preowned sections in every store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I have to admit the game is harder than most games but 5-2. For the love of god 5-2 is just torture! I dont know how many times that black phantom in the swamp killed me! Easily 20 id say

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I have to admit the game is harder than most games but 5-2. For the love of god 5-2 is just torture! I dont know how many times that black phantom in the swamp killed me! Easily 20 id say

Was thinking of getting this, wasn't the thing people said that even when you die it never seems to be the games fault it feel more like a mistake on your part. Was that true or are reviews making something out of nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

That BP was easy, just learn to dodge!

The BP in 3-1 broke my heart, you get so far in the level and then that b*stard just comes out of nowhere with a crossbow and peppers you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Varik wrote: »
    Was thinking of getting this, wasn't the thing people said that even when you die it never seems to be the games fault it feel more like a mistake on your part. Was that true or are reviews making something out of nothing.

I blamed the game plenty!

Falls are one thing I usually blame the game for!

You certainly don't sit back and think "ahhhhhhh....well.....I guess it was my fault".

I haven't been back to play it since I got to the second Dragon - stupid boss. Like the first one actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

right, i bought this on a whim and i dont like it. i have played it for about 20 minutes in total,if anybody really wants to get there hands on this i will swap for the new transformers game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Gave me hassle first time as well and its not so easy to dodge in the swamp, one wrong roll on the tiny islands and you're screwed. Best 2 ways to kill it, (1)long distance with thief ring and arrows, (2)overwhelm it with magic, homing soul arrow or firestorm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anto86

_sparkie_ wrote: »
    right, i bought this on a whim and i dont like it. i have played it for about 20 minutes in total,if anybody really wants to get there hands on this i will swap for the new transformers game.

i will swop you for the new transformers game i will buy it today and swop you as i cant find a copy of this game any where ill pm you my number in case im away from computer when you read this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭DualBladez

give it more time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

The BP in 3-1 broke my heart, you get so far in the level and then that b*stard just comes out of nowhere with a crossbow and peppers you!

The reason i found 5-2 BP so hard was the fact that she had a two handed sword and broke my sheild guard on a whim. Plus i was playing as a "rolly" character and that island was tiny. Sometimes you think your on the island and you attempt to roll, then thats the end of you

I found the 3-1 BP easy enough. Although i was tipped off with "Beware of Black Phantom ahead" and "Beware of bow user ahead" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

wtf? That is the hardest BP in the game!

3-1 was a piece of piss, just use a shield. The trio in 1-4 are fine if you fight them individually, etc.. but 5-2... ungh.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

anyone know where i can get this game now? I tried Gamestop,HMV and Game. They are all out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

jmx009 wrote: »
    anyone know where i can get this game now? I tried Gamestop,HMV and Game. They are all out of stock.

I ordered it online from HMV.co.uk, 39 sterling, couldn't find anywhere in Eire to buy it.

Got through shrine of storms lvl 1 tonight in 15 min, lvl 22 magician
    killed everything up to the stairs where the 2 skeletons are doing a spot of archery and continued to the far end where the other stairs is. I stayed up stairs on top and unequiped everything and did a running roll off the wall down below to get the regen ring, killed the lizard too :D. I continued on, being careful to mind the door trap and 3 fires killed the black ninja. In i went into my favourite boss of the game the nailed his weird head with soul arrow along with a few belly shots to knock him down..(bing.. trophy)

• Advertisement

Its not a game you can get into in 20mins im still not totally sold on it it has lots of issues that make it almost unplayable but ill stick with it for a few hours at least. For a game this hard and with getting such a punishment for dying they should have made the controls work. Im getting sick of trying to roll out of the way or block an attack and he just stands there like a idiot.

Transformers on the other hand is garbage i cant understand the good reviews its a very average 3rd person shooter. If it wasnt a licenced game it would be getting slatted. Im trading it today for sniper ghost warrior.

So anyway going for the foes ring, everytime i invaded, i kept coming up against 1 player and 2 blue phantoms, most of them were just waiting for me, so got sick of it, kris knife+3, ring of magical sharpness, talisman of beasts, i spawned to 3 guys around me, cast firestorm and 3 guys dead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Its not a game you can get into in 20mins im still not totally sold on it it has lots of issues that make it almost unplayable but ill stick with it for a few hours at least. For a game this hard and with getting such a punishment for dying they should have made the controls work. Im getting sick of trying to roll out of the way or block an attack and he just stands there like a idiot.

What? The controls are fantastic and really responsive. Sounds like you don't understand the stamina bar which is really important. If you roll or block an attack you lose stamina and if the stamina bar is empty you can't do these things. The stamina bar also refills very slowly when your shield is up. You really have to balance when to evade or block and when to retreat to get stamina back.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    What? The controls are fantastic and really responsive. Sounds like you don't understand the stamina bar which is really important. If you roll or block an attack you lose stamina and if the stamina bar is empty you can't do these things. The stamina bar also refills very slowly when your shield is up. You really have to balance when to evade or block and when to retreat to get stamina back.

Typical Retr0!

Also check your equipment to max equipment ratio, if your equpiment is greater than 50% of your max it slows you down dramatically. 1 more thing, you are'nt in world 5-2 by any chance? because you can't roll in the swamp there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Transformers on the other hand is garbage i cant understand the good reviews its a very average 3rd person shooter. If it wasnt a licenced game it would be getting slatted. Im trading it today for sniper ghost warrior.

Yeah... the controls really are great, dont know where your getting that from. Im guessing its like AnCap said and your just overburdened, that or you've got the reactions of a blind hippo.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

No i understand all that perfectly. Every bar is full ill press to the side and press O to roll and he will stand there, hit it again still stand there hit it a third time he will roll. Doesn't happen all the time but enough for it to be a problem. Targeting a enemy can take a few clicks of R2 as well from time to time. Far from fantastic controls they are clunky and slow.

No i understand all that perfectly. Every bar is full ill press to the side and press O to roll and he will stand there, hit it again still stand there hit it a third time he will roll. Doesn't happen all the time but enough for it to be a problem. Targeting a enemy can take a few clicks of R2 as well from time to time. Far from fantastic controls they are clunky and slow.

Targeting can be a right pain, camera goes all over the place sometimes.

noodler wrote: »
    Targeting can be a right pain, camera goes all over the place sometimes.

Ive found that i need to be fairly close to an enemy for it to target him close enough to make it pointless to actually target him.

• Advertisement

Targettings not bad, what drives me mad tho is the start of 2-2 and the tunnel with all the miners, mulitple enemies gets confusing with the targetting.

Advertisement