Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

I cant wait to get this game. Do you guys think that the game will be back in stores this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Targettings not bad, what drives me mad tho is the start of 2-2 and the tunnel with all the miners, mulitple enemies gets confusing with the targetting.

It would be nice if there was some accuracy without targetting. especially when I go into a room, I don't target properly and I end up with my back turned to the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

No i understand all that perfectly. Every bar is full ill press to the side and press O to roll and he will stand there, hit it again still stand there hit it a third time he will roll. Doesn't happen all the time but enough for it to be a problem. Targeting a enemy can take a few clicks of R2 as well from time to time. Far from fantastic controls they are clunky and slow.

THIS!!!!!

Has never happened to me. Don't know what you're doing wrong, but something doesn't sound right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Targettings not bad, what drives me mad tho is the start of 2-2 and the tunnel with all the miners, mulitple enemies gets confusing with the targetting.

Hack and slash FTW.:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

jmx009 wrote: »
    I cant wait to get this game. Do you guys think that the game will be back in stores this week?

I think Gamestop Swords still have copies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Love this guy a german spy . Basically he stayed at soul level 1 and is running around with Yurts armour and demonbrandt, slaughtering misfortunes who wander into 1-2 after getting revived fro the 1st time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No i understand all that perfectly. Every bar is full ill press to the side and press O to roll and he will stand there, hit it again still stand there hit it a third time he will roll. Doesn't happen all the time but enough for it to be a problem. Targeting a enemy can take a few clicks of R2 as well from time to time. Far from fantastic controls they are clunky and slow.

There's something wrong there since that never happened to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Love this guy a german spy . Basically he stayed at soul level 1 and is running around with Yurts armour and demonbrandt, slaughtering misfortunes who wander into 1-2 after getting revived fro the 1st time.

That's exactly what I want to do with the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There's something wrong there since that never happened to me.

Have tried it on both my PS3's and with different controllers same problem. Wonder if its an issue with the EU version as i only just got it.

Still have Sniper ghost warrior to keep me going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

every game and game stop is sold out of this and the edition where you get all the stuff with it has been discontinued so it will just be the disk you'll get and also wont be in stock untill august sometime thats what they told me in gamestop clarehall :mad:

i really want this game

Have you tried Gamestop in Swords?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Have you tried Gamestop in Swords?

yup rang every store in dublin all sold out :( try'd all the hmv's and few of the game stores last one told me all there stores are sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

its available in Game at Mahon point shopping centre (Cork)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 eclipse05

Think twice before You will get this game...
    I bought it from USA last year. Off course... it's one of the best games what I have ever play but I know many guys who FAILED :(
    If you getting angry playing "normal" games better do not touch this.

Well. I am not a hardcore player, like our brothers from Asia :P and I didn't have to many problems playing this game.
    I have NEVER playing when I was tired, annoyed or in hurry. Only positive thinking, day off. Before playing prepare some food and drink - and non alcohol. Sounds like an as***ole? :D I know, but you won't be a good player with slow reactions.

It's not "killing time game", it's a challenge! :pac:

Never noticed it on the other 2 versions but the Black phantom by the makato sword on 4-2 keeps appearing, so he's an source of infinite stone of ephemeral eyes and chunks of darkmoonstone. Only appeared on pure black WT in the other 2.

To be honest the difficulty of this game is over rated. It's not that tough. Challenging but very beatable. I've played much harder games. The minute a game doesn't wuss out with generous checkpoints and recharging health people jump on it declaring it the hardest game ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

To be honest the difficulty of this game is over rated. It's not that tough. Challenging but very beatable. I've played much harder games. The minute a game doesn't wuss out with generous checkpoints and recharging health people jump on it declaring it the hardest game ever.

I think its the fact thay dying forces you to restart an entire level and (potentially) lose all souls youve gained is what really makes it seem difficult. Also the bosses who can one shot kill you unless youre fully prepared (flamelurker, false king, even tower knight and the red dragon) really ramp up its bastard hard credentials.

Finished it this weekend myself, and i have to say ive never felt so satisfied with finishing a game. It actually felt like an accomplishment, and not just a case of shooting weak points on a boss and using infinite continues or anything.
    Was SL 78 when i finished, tho false king de-levelled me to SL74 :mad:
    Overall its one of my Games of the year, adictive as hell, bastard hard, but so rewarding.
    Already started NG+ & started a new char from scratch (Temple Knight)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's extremely hard and unforgiving until you know what you are doing and are familiar with the levels, which can be said for any hard game, so I'd go ahead and say it was pretty hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Guys, is there any advantages in buying the european version? I was told last weekend by gamestop that it could be a while before Demon souls' next shipment comes to Ireland. I was thinking of getting the US/Asian version instead. I know communication between players is very limited , so i suppose there is no point in trying to get a game to play with Irish players.

I really want to play this game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

jmx009 wrote: »
    Guys, is there any advantages in buying the european version? I was told last weekend by gamestop that it could be a while before Demon souls' next shipment comes to Ireland. I was thinking of getting the US/Asian version instead. I know communication between players is very limited , so i suppose there is no point in trying to get a game to play with Irish players.

I really want to play this game.

Yeah who you play with is ultimately not going to make much difference. However, the European version has all the pretty bonus stuff like soundtracks and guidebooks. I'd go for that, but a quick browse of Play and Amazon shows it is indeed absurdly rare already :eek:

As for difficulty, it's tough but fair. Except the swamp level, which is not fair in the slightest. ****ing swamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The server for the game a split by region as well right?

If so the getting the local version will make the online better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Varik wrote: »
    The server for the game a split by region as well right?

If so the getting the local version will make the online better.

Not really, you're not talking to anyone, so no language barrier.
    You're either invading, being invaded or playing co-op.

I've never had any problems online (Asian version).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have it and have yet to go back to it, not because it kicked me in the metaphorical nuts, but because other shiny things distracted me, must get back to it, not that into humiliation though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Couple of questions on this:

If you die on any part of the level do all of the enemies return all of the time?
    Are there any checkpoints?
    Is there a better way of defeating enemies, I'm struggling like hell with just shield then attack..?
    How do I use "Heal" if I'm a Temple Knight, I can't seem to use this?
    When will I get my "Solid body" rather than my soul returned?

And any other usefull advice... I'm finding this a twat of a game..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Noffles wrote: »

If you die on any part of the level do all of the enemies return all of the time?
    Yeah always.
    no but as you progress you can open up shortcuts on a level to make the next run through a bit easier.
    Is there a better way of defeating enemies, I'm struggling like hell with just shield then attack..?
    Just take your time don't try to attack all the time. Some times it is better to step back or roll out of the way. It gets easier.

I wouldn't have chosen that as my first class. Either a soldier or a royal. I think you press L2 or 1 to heal. Haven't played in a while.

This game is all about patience. If you try to rush through a level (which you'll be tempted to after getting killed once) you'll keep dying.

Pay attention to the description of the weapons you use. Some work well against armour others against scales etc. It can make a difference to the damage you inflict on enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

1.If you die on any part of the level do all of the enemies return all of the time?
    2.Are there any checkpoints?
    3.Is there a better way of defeating enemies, I'm struggling like hell with just shield then attack..?
    4.How do I use "Heal" if I'm a Temple Knight, I can't seem to use this?
    5.When will I get my "Solid body" rather than my soul returned?

1. Most do, every time. Some don't... notably black phantoms. Crystal Geckos too, depending on a few factors.
    2. No checkpoints, they are for the weak.
    3. Patience, dodging is a good start, and if your shield is up to it, parrying if you can manage it.
    4. Press left on the d-pad, that should equip the talisman. Then press L1. That will heal you. Be warned that the spell isn't instant and if you're not careful you will be interrupted/killed.
    5. You get your human form any time you defeat a major demon or use a 'stone of ephemeral eyes'. If playing online you can also include killing a player as a black phantom invader.

Other useful advice is to have patience at all times, that can't be stated enough. This game punishes your mistakes, so stop making them. It seems like a very difficult game initially, but your playstyle will adapt to it and it will 'click' into place so to speak. Above all, stick with it... Don't give up on this gem!

Yep they return.

no checkpoints but there are shortcuts, you'll open up on most levels.

With the class you've selected at the start thats pretty much all you can do, block and counter hit, as a knight you've sfa maneuverability. Practive getting the timing for the shield parry right, if done right it will take out most if not all in 1 hit in first level(except red eyes, stay away from red eyes).

Equip the talisman of god. to be honest heal is a waste with a decent enough luck stat you'll get enough grass drops for helping, altho the temple knights luck is'nt the highest.

Kill a boss demon, sucessfully invade and win(won't be doing this for a while) or take a stone of ephemeral eyes(there's 2 up on the top levels of the nexus). to be honest full bodied form is overrated, i spend 95% of my time in soul form. Make sure you get the cling ring in the first level, adds around another 25% to soul form health.

And any other usefull advice... I'm finding this a twat of a game.
    Pick a different starting class, wanderer or hunter, starts with high luck stats so you get good item drops at the start. for the start practice the parry,its great at the start as your attacks are piss poor, once you level up you won't need parry as much. Don't worry everyone of us found this an absolute b1tch of a game for the 1st few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

It looks like I may need to start a new character then, Temple Knight isn't that popular... Patience seems to be possibly the biggets thing I need to use.

Red Eyes were mentioned above, they keep killing me too, I have done one in and found a short cut but that seems to be useless as when I use it I have to go and fight the bloody red eyes again?

Funny though, as much as this game is annoying me and killing me I'm still very much interested in it.

So tonight, a new character, possibly a Hunter and start again....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Still seems impossible to track down a retail copy, and now they're switch to a game-only edition, sadface..

Advertisement