Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Still seems impossible to track down a retail copy, and now they're switch to a game-only edition, sadface..

You'll have to go online and buy it, HMV.co.uk got mine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Practice with the knight first, get the feel of level, know what to expect.

Red eyed dude, there's only 1 on the first level and you don't have to fight him.

By shortcut do you mean you open the gate up the stairs to the left?, if so thats the first shortcut. You'll sill have fight the blue eyed knights.

Practice with the knight first, get the feel of level, know what to expect.

Red eyed dude, there's only 1 on the first level and you don't have to fight him.

By shortcut do you mean you open the gate up the stairs to the left?, if so thats the first shortcut. You'll sill have fight the blue eyed knights.

I'm sure I fought a guy with red eyes last night, he was on the opposite side of the knight with blues eyes, go left at the top of the stairs instead of right... ? I could be wrong mind you... the scuffle always lasts about 10 seconds and I'm dead.

Thats the one, you don't have to go that way, not till much later in the game, its very possible to beat him but its also very very possible to get mauled by him . Just head down through the fog by blue eyes to continue on that level.

Thats the one, you don't have to go that way, not till much later in the game, its very possible to beat him but its also very very possible to get mauled by him . Just head down through the fog by blue eyes to continue on that level.

Cheers then, I'll stick to the other way then and play that way, I hate that little w*nker...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

game stop clarehall have this instock so hurry up im just home with my copy now cant wait to get stuck into it

also its the special editon copy

oh my god wtf i got so far an fell of from top the stairs in boletarian palace by accident cause i couldn't see and i end up so far back at the very start when do you know if you've hit a checkpoint
    im lost in this game there is so many different routes to take and i seen a hint sayin to use a spell but where do you learn that i haven seen it any where :confused:

Only some classes have spells starting out.

There's no checkpoints, there's shortcuts you can open up, ther should be one a bit on from those stairs you got killed on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

spider_pig wrote: »
    oh my god wtf i got so far an fell of from top the stairs in boletarian palace by accident cause i couldn't see and i end up so far back at the very start when do you know if you've hit a checkpoint
    im lost in this game there is so many different routes to take and i seen a hint sayin to use a spell but where do you learn that i haven seen it any where :confused:

There are no checkpoints until you beat a boss. You open up shortcuts as you go through the level.

Read through this thread or read this wiki... http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/home

F1ngers wrote: »
    There are no checkpoints until you beat a boss. You open up shortcuts as you go through the level.

Read through this thread or read this wiki... http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/home

I took a quick look at wiki just to see where I was going wrong... and it appears almost everywhere.

• Advertisement

Noffles wrote: »
    I took a quick look at wiki just to see where I was going wrong... and it appears almost everywhere.

same me self game is really beginning to get on my nerves now cant get by the first level without dieing iv tryed running past everything and up the short cut up the stairs and get killed every time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The servers ARE split, so if you buy the EU version you can only play with people who have the EU version and so on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Running away from everything isn't going to get you anywhere. The more you kill the more healing grass you will get. ~You'll also learn the game system and get better.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Running away from everything isn't going to get you anywhere. The more you kill the more healing grass you will get. ~You'll also learn the game system and get better.

yup haha running away is actually making me die quicker and doin my head in twice as much 1 thing i cant understand what is the objective in the first level there is so many routes to take how do i know if the one im taking is the rite one and that im not just running round in circles dieing

Heh i'm laughing because i'm picturing your reaction to next level and the bridge. you think where you are now is bad wait till you get there. not the only theat felt that way check out zero puncuations demons souls review.

My first attempt i gave up after 3 hours and started it again the next day, 6 months later i was still playing it.

Heh i'm laughing because i'm picturing your reaction to next level and the bridge.

haha i doubt id have a playstation at that stage it would have been bounced of the wall this game is a stress hazard guy in the shop was even sayin he felt like smashin his ps3 due to stress up untill now i didin take him seriously :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

spider_pig wrote: »
    i give up on this since 11:45 this morning and still cant get by level 1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Funny thing is about this game is if you know what you are doing and know were to go then the game isn't tough at all. I was showing the game off to my friend and telling him what to do and where to go and he managed to get through the first level first try.

The first shortcut in the game is when you get to the battlements fight the big armoured knight (not the crazy hard one with the spears,juststay away until much later in the game) kill him and instead of walking through the door beside him continue forward and go down the stairs in the tower. When you get to the bottom you can open a gate that will remain open and also in the gate is an ring item that will grant you 3/4 health in soul form instead of half health.

thats one my main issues i haven't a clue where to go in this i go up around open the short cut go back up and end up at that big idiot with the spear or i go through the portal thing where ya come to the first big idiot and travel along where you get ambushed and there's another big idiot who kills me every time

You've just got to learn how to kill those guys. It's a baptism of fire but once you learn how to kill them it's easy and you'll understand how the game works. You can't go in wildly swinging your sword, you'll run out of stamina then you are defenseless and get your ass kicked. Lock on to him, keep your shield up, keep your distance and wait for him to attack. When he does, roll out of the way and wait for the attack animation to end, that's your chance to walk up and land some hits. Rinse and repeat, just be wary that when his health gets low he will back away and try to heal with some grass. When you see this get in close and finish him off before he can take the grass. After a while you will learn his animations and be more than ready for him.

• Advertisement

iv had it once and for all with this game anybody looking for a special edition copy can find it here i only bought it few hours ago

<SNIP>

Ok... so once I've opened up the short cut after killing the blue eyes and getting down the stairs and opening the gate... what is next.... I seem to be getting into a loop here and end up attacking red eyes... and dying, obviously.

I know I can check Wiki but that'll tell me everything, how about a couple of pointers...?

Ok... so once I've opened up the short cut after killing the blue eyes and getting down the stairs and opening the gate... what is next.... I seem to be getting into a loop here and end up attacking red eyes... and dying, obviously.

I know I can check Wiki but that'll tell me everything, how about a couple of pointers...?

after you kill the blue eyes there is a fog portal type thing you can go that way instead of going towards red eyes :)

Don't forgot to equip the ring you found(cling ring), also as you go through the fog that s+p mentioned, tryo hop the wall and collect the most imporatant ring in the game(thiefs ring).

And spider_pig i thought you sold your copy.

Don't forgot to equip the ring you found(cling ring), also as you go through the fog that s+p mentioned, tryo hop the wall and collect the most imporatant ring in the game(thiefs ring).

And spider_pig i thought you sold your copy.

yup got my money back in store this morning but thats as far as i got in the game came up to a field where some big dragon kicked my ass so many times after that i said thats me finished my stress levels where too high lol :D

as a matter of interest how does one defeat that red eyes it had me on the verge of insanity all day yesterday just one hit of that spear an i was gone :mad:

Eh.... You aren't supposed to kill the dragon. You can kill him in the next level and when you return he is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Red eyes are a pain in the arse at first, you just have to avoid them until you got better gear + stats.

Whats everyones main weapon by they way? I end up using my Quality Winged Spear the most, the extra bit of reach makes striking from outside enemies range very handy plus the stabbing motion means I am not critically injuring the walls in 99% of the game due to the cramped tunnels your in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Red eyes are a pain in the arse at first, you just have to avoid them until you got better gear + stats.

Whats everyones main weapon by they way? I end up using my Quality Winged Spear the most, the extra bit of reach makes striking from outside enemies range very handy plus the stabbing motion means I am not critically injuring the walls in 99% of the game due to the cramped tunnels your in.

I used the Falchion for most of my first game. Loved the forward roll attack for closing distance. Then the Dragon Long Sword for its stunlock type flame attack. Nearly finished NG+ now and have been using the Large Sword of Searching for pretty much all the NG+

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Nearly finished NG+ now and have been using the Large Sword of Searching for pretty much all the NG+

Just started NG+ and using that weapon myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

Hey guys so before yesterday, I hadn't turned my PS3 on in about a week. I turn it on yesterday and load Demon's Souls EU version. Works fine no problems. Then I try switching to the NA version. I hit the disc icon on the XMB, and it does its usual switch from black to blue to black while getting the HD display right i guess. But then it goes to a blue screen and doesnt change for the next 10 minutes. At this point i just turned it off and rebooted. I disconnected then reconnected the HDMI cable from both PS3 and Tv and it works.

Now today, I turn PS3 on and the same happens again. Except it still wont load after reconnecting the HDMI. Thing is, ALL my other PS3 games work. It's just DS EU and NA.

Can anyone help me to resolve this issue? It's kinda wierd, neither of the discs have any scratches at all and i cleaned them already.

UPDATE: They both work on my original EU psn profile

Advertisement