Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

A guess but it may have something to do with your game data. That the PS3 gets confussed as they are two different files with the same name thats its trying to load the EU game date for the US disk causing it to crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

spider_pig wrote: »
    yup got my money back in store this morning but thats as far as i got in the game came up to a field where some big dragon kicked my ass so many times after that i said thats me finished my stress levels where too high lol :D

as a matter of interest how does one defeat that red eyes it had me on the verge of insanity all day yesterday just one hit of that spear an i was gone :mad:

As royaltly i was able to farm the red eye demon from day dot, fairly simple, equip the thiefs ring, go to max range (he wont attack), soul ray, untarget him and run back to the room you came from, by the time you get there he'll be walking back, rinse and repeat 4 or so times and ul have a fresh dead red eyes, handy early on and the farm runs give you around 4000 souls per go! Hope it helps any newbies.

On a side note, I played it for 2 hours, got mangled repeatidly, didnt play it for around 5 days, gave it another go. Utterly hooked now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Whats everyones main weapon by they way? I end up using my Quality Winged Spear the most, the extra bit of reach makes striking from outside enemies range very handy plus the stabbing motion means I am not critically injuring the walls in 99% of the game due to the cramped tunnels your in.

Winged spear is one of the best defensive weapons going. You're actually better off doing a bit of world 3 to pick up moonstones and make it moon winged, on my first ever playhtough i used nothing but this weapon until i got to allant. Now for me starting off, i level up as much as possible and brave 4-1 as early as possible to pick up the kiiji. Basically a much stronger version of the scimitar\falchion, great for early on invasions as its so quick interupts those dudes with bigass sword. On NG+ and on its north regalia(have soul tendency pure black or white for 499 damage) altho i started messing with the blueblood sword, decent damage and quick enough however it can be buffed with light\cursed weapon making it very powerful. secondary weapon no doubt is the Sticky compiund long bow.

PS 3 bloody different game copies, at least 8 character playthroughs and pure bladestone is still a pain in the A to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Quick one, I'm on 1-2 now with that poxy Beefeater looking guy who shoots flames at you, this would be easy if I had a distance weapon but I don't seem to be able to use one with the Temple Kight that I have, do they not get one... and if so where??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's a crossbow on 1-1. You have to drop off the battlements. TBH the beefeater guys are tough but if you get their pattern down you should be able to beat them easily. As long as you don't get hit by their fire attacks they aren't so bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Anyone get the email?

World tendency is white (pure) on the NA servers for the moment.

Celebrating extending the server life until March 2011

Noffles wrote: »
    Quick one, I'm on 1-2 now with that poxy Beefeater looking guy who shoots flames at you, this would be easy if I had a distance weapon but I don't seem to be able to use one with the Temple Kight that I have, do they not get one... and if so where??

There's a fat minister on 1-2???? Do you mean 2-1 maybe? There's a compund shortbow on top of the last bridge keep on 1-2, upgrade a bit with harstone and take him down ith ease. Crossbows are'nt the best and require a lock.

Oh yeah had an epic 20 minute old monk fight last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

There's a fat minister on 1-2???? Do you mean 2-1 maybe? There's a compund shortbow on top of the last bridge keep on 1-2, upgrade a bit with harstone and take him down ith ease. Crossbows are'nt the best and require a lock.

Sorry I meant 2-1, I'll check for that when I get home form the office as the head on attack seems to be failing.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I've been umming and ahhing about getting this since release day, caved and bought it today, I'm not even a huge rpg fan but I've heard nothing but good things and there isnt much out for the rest of the summer that I'm interested in so this should keep me occupied for a while (I hope)

love the ltd edition, was worth the extra tenner, I'm a sucker for artbooks and carboard packaging :D

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

if anybody is still looking for this game i was just in gamespot in tesco clairhall and they have it on the shelve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Is the server shut down date next year for the EU as well.

They'll keep renewing it, asian servers have passed a few original deadlines but were extended each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Hmmm, played it for about an hour last night, I really, really hate replaying massive sections after being killed in games so I dont know if i'll stick with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

krudler wrote: »
    Hmmm, played it for about an hour last night, I really, really hate replaying massive sections after being killed in games so I dont know if i'll stick with it.

Suck it up chump. It get's more interesting after the first level when the online stuff comes into play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Picked this up in work last week and I'm loving it so far. I'm slightly enjoying playing a single player game where death has rough consequences. It's been way too long since I've played a single player game that wasn't ridiculously easy - I find that easy games get very boring, very quickly.

I'm a bit unsure how I should continue in the game at the moment. I've finished 1-1 and then started farming the red eyed knight, but where's the best place to move onto next? Should I get into 1-2 or start on one of the other worlds?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Any chance of getting this in Dublin or is it still sold out?

Notorious wrote: »
    I'm a bit unsure how I should continue in the game at the moment. I've finished 1-1 and then started farming the red eyed knight, but where's the best place to move onto next? Should I get into 1-2 or start on one of the other worlds?

2-1 opens up the best blacksmith in the game and is essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

krudler wrote: »

Stick with it. I liken it to the clamshell box my new leatherman came in. A complete b!tch to open, with multiple profanities thrown about... but now that it's open and I have my leatherman, no more clamshells, heck, nothing can stand in my way :D

The learning curve is really steep at the start, but stick with it, it gets so... So much better. This game has at least 3 or 4 moments in it that have entered my top 10 gaming moments of all time.

I loved coming back to that first stage when I'd fought myself through most of the rest of the game, leveling up and improving weapons only to realize how pathetic those first enemies now seemed, dispatching them into oblivion before they even had a chance to scratch the paint off my shield.

Your going to want to experience that. Trust me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

TelePaul wrote: »

Gamestop (boo!) Bray seemed to have loads of copies yesterday, might be worth ringing around to see if a new shipment has arrived in.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

TelePaul wrote: »

gamespot in tesco clairhall have it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Eh, i have a problem.

The game loads up fine, i get the cool intro video, i get the message about Demons souls being an online game where players can help each other out etc. I then get to the screen where i choose my game save, select the appropriate game, and then the screen goes blank and nothing.

I've been sitting here for ten minutes waiting for it to start. Fuuuuuuuuuuk I've 50 hours invested in this game a soul level of 39, I fuppin knew my Playstation would be pissed off with me when i bought my first xbox last week.

Again Fuuuuuuuuuuuuk. Any ideas guys, I'm dying here the misses is away for the night and the boss gave me the afternoon off, i really wanna play.:(:(:(:(:(:(

Oh thank christ it's up and running again. I'm sorry for buying the new xbox, i didn't mean to upset you. In hindsight it wasn't even worth it, i only bought it for Splinter cell and that's ****! Please don't break on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

weiland79 wrote: »
    Eh, i have a problem.

The game loads up fine, i get the cool intro video, i get the message about Demons souls being an online game where players can help each other out etc. I then get to the screen where i choose my game save, select the appropriate game, and then the screen goes blank and nothing.

I've been sitting here for ten minutes waiting for it to start. Fuuuuuuuuuuk I've 50 hours invested in this game a soul level of 39, I fuppin knew my Playstation would be pissed off with me when i bought my first xbox last week.

Again Fuuuuuuuuuuuuk. Any ideas guys, I'm dying here the misses is away for the night and the boss gave me the afternoon off, i really wanna play.:(:(:(:(:(:(

Maybe you knocked the game off when it was saving at some point and the data is corrupt now? I dont know to be honest, but i make sure to quit the game to the main menu THEN knock off the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

it doesnt sound too good for you. Have you any other game save you can try. Your data might be corrupted meaning youll have to restart the game. I hope im not right for your sake as it happened me in the new game +2 and its a dose

UPDATE: happy to hear its sorted

One thing that is a little strange. When the game finally loaded i was standing in the middle of the Bolletarian castle, not anywhere near the portal to the nexus.

Maybe you knocked the game off when it was saving at some point and the data is corrupt now? I dont know to be honest, but i make sure to quit the game to the main menu THEN knock off the PS3.

Yeah i would be very careful about how i turn the game /machine off. I hope it was just a hard drive fart and that all will be well.

One thing that is a little strange. When the game finally loaded i was standing in the middle of the Bolletarian castle, not anywhere near the portal to the nexus.

Could be 1 of 2 things, have you the us copy, heard the saves can conflict.

Someone else hit the nail on the head there, The save file is locked down big time, you may notice anytime you do something it saves. Exiting out of the game without quitting can cause save file corrupts.

Could be 1 of 2 things, have you the us copy, heard the saves can conflict.

Someone else hit the nail on the head there, The save file is locked down big time, you may notice anytime you do something it saves. Exiting out of the game without quitting can cause save file corrupts.

I have the Korean version. As i said all seems to be well now, played it all last night and for a few hours before work this morning without issue.
    Well when i say played i actually only farmed souls for the most part. I think you pointed out a great farming spot but I'll just go over it again as a lot of new people may have missed it in this huge thread.

It's after you kill the Ajudicator.
    If you look past the nexus portal you will see an opening at the end of a tunnel to outside, where there are several flying Mantas. Run towards the opening and drop down to the ledge below.
    Turn around and there will be another tunnel in front of you. Run down this tunnel passing a dude on your right whom you can stock up on arrows from. Continue past him until you come to a large room with a few ghost like entities roaming around. At this stage if you look down you will see an Enemy at the top of some stairs with another two ghosts on either side of him. This is the Enemy you will need to dispatch! and he is really easy.

Assuming you have full health it is no problem to take a step off the ledge you are standing on without dying, do this, equip a ranged weapon( I'm using the long bow) hold down R1 then take aim with L1 and loose an arrow. At this stage the enemy will start to approach you very slowly giving you plenty of time to dispatch him, it should only take about 7 arrows giving you 4592 easy souls. Then simply turn around walk outside and step of the edge killing yourself. Then do it all again, but don't forget to pick up your souls before you kill yourself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Assuming you have full health it is no problem to take a step off the ledge you are standing on without dying, do this, equip a ranged weapon( I'm using the long bow) hold down R1 then take aim with L1 and loose an arrow. At this stage the enemy will start to approach you very slowly giving you plenty of time to dispatch him, it should only take about 7 arrows giving you 4592 easy souls. Then simply turn around walk outside and step of the edge killing yourself. Then do it all again, but don't forget to pick up your souls before you kill yourself.

What I do there is snipe a manta as soon as you get there and then go down the hallway to snipe the enemy, no need to jump down to his level.
    Turn around, run back out the hallway and jump off the edge.

F1ngers wrote: »
    What I do there is snipe a manta as soon as you get there and then go down the hallway to snipe the enemy, no need to jump down to his level.
    Turn around, run back out the hallway and jump off the edge.

I have two problems with this tactic.

Firstly i'm s*it at sniping mantas, I think this has something to do with my dexterity level ( ? )

And secondly i find that in staying on the top level and sniping that enemy, once my first arrow hits him he starts moving forward to the point where i cannot hit him anymore,and then have to jump down to finish him off. Usually dying in the attempt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Started playing this last night. On 1-2 at the moment. I picked royalty as my character and I've got a magic wand thing that blasts nearly everyone to death in one or two shots so I think thats making it a lot easier. The messages help a lot too.

Enjoying it so far, and i usually like my RPGs on easy difficulty.

Advertisement