Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

weiland79 wrote: »
    I have two problems with this tactic.

Firstly i'm s*it at sniping mantas, I think this has something to do with my dexterity level ( ? )

And secondly i find that in staying on the top level and sniping that enemy, once my first arrow hits him he starts moving forward to the point where i cannot hit him anymore,and then have to jump down to finish him off. Usually dying in the attempt.

There's multiple ways of doing it - when he walks down out of your view move down the walkway, then he'll be back in sight. Or alternatively just walk back out of the room, and wait a bit (he turns around and walks back). How many arrows do you need to use on him anyways? You should be able to kill him before he moves out of sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

ok guys, i finally got the game. Nobody was jokin when they said that this game is hard !

Anyways, i was wondering, what sites do u guys use to get information regarding the various aspects of the game?

is this site any good?
    http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/

or is there any other site that you guys use?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

jmx009 wrote: »
    ok guys, i finally got the game. Nobody was jokin when they said that this game is hard !

Anyways, i was wondering, what sites do u guys use to get information regarding the various aspects of the game?

is this site any good?
    http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/

or is there any other site that you guys use?

This is the Demons souls Bible. You will not need anything else.

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    There's multiple ways of doing it - when he walks down out of your view move down the walkway, then he'll be back in sight. Or alternatively just walk back out of the room, and wait a bit (he turns around and walks back). How many arrows do you need to use on him anyways? You should be able to kill him before he moves out of sight.

I'm sure there are multiple ways of approaching it, but i find it easiest to just jump down off the ledge, line him up in front of me and take him out that way. I've got it down to about 5 Arrows now.
    Going to work on getting my magic level up this evening, as I'm struggling a bit with the first boss in the Valley of Defilement and fire seems to work well on him.

Actually 4 arrows.

In Valley of Difilement i accidently hit the witch vendor. I didn't kill her but she attacked me. I managed to get away but died a little further on. I'm now back at the same spot and she isn't sitting down.
    Does this mean that she will attack me again when she sees me, and if so what are the consequences of killing her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Does this mean that she will attack me again when she sees me, and if so what are the consequences of killing her?

I haven't experienced it myself, but I read that attacking friendly NPCs will cause them to turn against you. Don't know if it can be undone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

In Valley of Difilement i accidently hit the witch vendor. I didn't kill her but she attacked me. I managed to get away but died a little further on. I'm now back at the same spot and she isn't sitting down.

Can't be undone, to be honest she really does'nt have anything that good, except if you want the chainmail or mirdan armour, everything else you can get elsewhere and there's better armour than those 2 types. Killed her once or twice by mistake with rage of god trying to take out the rats. It will move your character tendency towards black tho, so if you have north regalia\demon brandt and were pure white it will lower your damage.

count yourself lucky i've heard horror stories of guys accidentally hitting stockpile thomas.

Can't be undone, to be honest she really does'nt have anything that good, except if you want the chainmail or mirdan armour, everything else you can get elsewhere and there's better armour than those 2 types. Killed her once or twice by mistake with rage of god trying to take out the rats. It will move your character tendency towards black tho, so if you have north regalia\demon brandt and were pure white it will lower your damage.

count yourself lucky i've heard horror stories of guys accidentally hitting stockpile thomas.

I haven't actually killed her, and i can avoid her by going underneath her. But she is wandering around with a big pissed off head on her lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Am in two minds about keeping onto this, I have no problem with hard games but after making my way through most of 1-1 I walked in a door, got firebombed by a guy which killed me instantly, and the thoughts of replaying a good half hour of plodding, repetitive combat (which i'm sure gets mroe interesting later on but the first level is all defend, attack, parry,kill, repeat) was just annoying so I turned it off. I'm going to stick with it another while but ...meh, I dont get the fuss tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

krudler wrote: »
    Am in two minds about keeping onto this, I have no problem with hard games but after making my way through most of 1-1 I walked in a door, got firebombed by a guy which killed me instantly, and the thoughts of replaying a good half hour of plodding, repetitive combat (which i'm sure gets mroe interesting later on but the first level is all defend, attack, parry,kill, repeat) was just annoying so I turned it off. I'm going to stick with it another while but ...meh, I dont get the fuss tbh.

Combat doesnt change much to be honest. Mostly what changes is the attack styles of each weapon and the tactics you need to use on enemys, and different spells and such. Although i have yet to learn any spells. My first char (SL 112 atm) is using sword and bow only. You dont get any RPG type weapon skills and such

• Advertisement

Pretty much everyone has the same reaction 1st time playing it.

Killed you with a firebomb in 1 go? Was it a soldier or something else much bigger?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Anyone finding this game too hard is a pussy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Killed you with a firebomb in 1 go? Was it a soldier or something else much bigger?

Probably that dude that firebombs the powder kegs in the castle in 1-1. Everyone loves THAT guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Grayditch wrote: »
    Probably that dude that firebombs the powder kegs in the castle in 1-1. Everyone loves THAT guy.

Thats the guy :pac:
    Anyone finding this game too hard is a pussy.

That'd probably be the majority of people who play it then? Its not that its overly hard per se, its that it punishes you a ridiculous amount for being killed, I dont need a save point every few feet but jesus, replaying a dull part of a game that took nearly 30-40 minutes again is just repetition. also lessof the condescending, not everyone is a l33t RPG player, although I heard girls really dig a level 50 temple knight these days

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I was trying to be humourous.

The game is tough but perfectly doable and far from the hardest game ever. Repeating levels isn't that bad it's just that people have become used to too much handholding in games. Get past the first level, it opens up the co-op and pvp modes and the whole game changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

GOt this game yesterday and started playing it. I am horrible at this game.
    I created a noble first and tried playing the game. I think i got killed atleast 8 times. So, i created another noble charater and started playing again, only to be killed for another 10 or so more times.
    This game is bad. I hate the fact that i have to restart the entire level when i die. At the moment, i am yet to clear the first level and have zero souls ! I am seriously thinking of trying with a different character this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Try a Royalty character. I only died once in 1-1, but i had read about how to get past some of the harder bits.

I think it's important to note that there are certain parts of levels that you will be just not able to clear until you level up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I'll give you a tip for 1-1 .

You took a wrong turn. I did it myself first time. After you killed that first blue eyed knight you must have turned left and walked down to the guy at the powder kegs. Instead, go straight and out the door at the end. You fight your way down the stairs a bit, walk out on to a ledge and cut the chain. That opens up a short cut back to the blue eyed knight from the castle entrance bypassing the whole section of the castle you've just completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Seriously Retr0.

Just because somebody says something is 'X' doesn't mean you need to automatically say it isn't the most 'X' thing in the world.

Repeatedly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mrm

Thats the guy :pac:

That'd probably be the majority of people who play it then? Its not that its overly hard per se, its that it punishes you a ridiculous amount for being killed, I dont need a save point every few feet but jesus, replaying a dull part of a game that took nearly 30-40 minutes again is just repetition. also lessof the condescending, not everyone is a l33t RPG player, although I heard girls really dig a level 50 temple knight these days

You are missing the point. A death in this game hinders you by (temporarily) taking the souls you have built up, but you acquire more souls working your way back to your bloodstain with the reward of your previous quantity of souls. This is a reward system, not a punitive system. There should be no difficulty remembering the locations of the enemies on subsequent run throughs of areas, and you will understand their attach pattern better second time around - speeding up the whole process. All adds to your levelling up to make the game easier.

If you dont feel the tension trying to get back to your bloodstain and find this 'dull' I dont think this game will ever improve for you. But stick with it to see, the benefits are hugh. Superb game except for the 'I'm in trouble...please recommend this message' 'hints'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

mrm wrote: »
    Superb game except for the 'I'm in trouble...please recommend this message' 'hints'.

Yeah what is the deal with that message? It's everywhere.

When you rate it, it gives the person who left it full health. I wish that could only be rated once and then for it to delete itself.

"My heart is breaking", if i find another one of those messages, i'll hunt the writer down and kill him, his heart will be broken then.

You should play the asian version where it's 'This is harsh. Evaluate me.' everywhere. It doesn't even feel like it's realenglish.

"This is harsh evaluate me" is the most annoying of the lot. It made seeing "I'm in trouble..." everywhere easier to deal with. For a bit.

EGriff wrote: »
    Try a Royalty character. I only died once in 1-1, but i had read about how to get past some of the harder bits.

Does it really matter what character you choose. This is my first Swords and Dragons rpg and i went with what is most comfortable for me in other games. i.e The Knight so i can hack and slash any mofo that gets in my way.

Yippee Kiyaa mother hubbard!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Knights are tough going early on. Heavy armour = movement penalty until you get a certain ring.

Not being able to dodge quickly makes the game harder.

Found the knight great as a starter, get the purple flame shield and winged spear and just tank it. Was'nt until i came up against man eater and allant that i found out how crap it was unless you pumped alot into your endurance stat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

mrm wrote: »
    You are missing the point. A death in this game hinders you by (temporarily) taking the souls you have built up, but you acquire more souls working your way back to your bloodstain with the reward of your previous quantity of souls. This is a reward system, not a punitive system. There should be no difficulty remembering the locations of the enemies on subsequent run throughs of areas, and you will understand their attach pattern better second time around - speeding up the whole process. All adds to your levelling up to make the game easier.

If you dont feel the tension trying to get back to your bloodstain and find this 'dull' I dont think this game will ever improve for you. But stick with it to see, the benefits are hugh. Superb game except for the 'I'm in trouble...please recommend this message' 'hints'.

I have started playing this game. If you have 100 souls and you die you can go and colled them again. What if you die while you are going back again? Do you lose the initial 100 souls?

Advertisement