Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

padair wrote: »
    I have started playing this game. If you have 100 souls and you die you can go and colled them again. What if you die while you are going back again? Do you lose the initial 100 souls?

Yes. The most I've lost so far is about 70,000 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Found the knight great as a starter, get the purple flame shield and winged spear and just tank it. Was'nt until i came up against man eater and allant that i found out how crap it was unless you pumped alot into your endurance stat.

Where is the purple flame shield? I'm using the one that regenerates my health, forget what it's called at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Adjudicators shield, pump colorless demon souls into it and the regen increases. Not a great shiled, takes alot of damage on a hit.

Purple flame shield is purple-flame-shield.jpg.

weighs 8 i think, 100% block on fire damge and seriously bumps up your fire res. Red eyes drop them on rare occasions, you can get 1 by 1-1 where the 2 dragons rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I was trying to be humourous.

The game is tough but perfectly doable and far from the hardest game ever. Repeating levels isn't that bad it's just that people have become used to too much handholding in games. Get past the first level, it opens up the co-op and pvp modes and the whole game changes.

I know, was just cranky this morning :pac: I agree about the handholding btw, quicksaves have ruined a gaming generation, every kid with a PS3 or Xbox should be given a NES with a copy of MegaMan 2, once they finish that, then they can have new games :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Funny thing is when it was released Megaman 2 was criticised for being too easy :D

• Advertisement

Funny thing is when it was released Megaman 2 was criticised for being too easy :D

Back then we could do pixel perfect jumps at the drop of a hat, now we need aim assist, hint dvds included with the game:rolleyes: and gamefaqs all over the place. I remember ringing the Nintendo helpline once because we were stuck on something on a game, cant for the life of me remember what, now you just gamefaq it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hey all,

I'm just wondering but does anyone know if Demon's Souls has a limited lifespan? I got an email from Atlus USA saying that it will be supported until 2012 or so, but what happens after that? Will you be left with a game that can't be played properly, or am I misreading this? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Probably the servers for the online aspect.

Its the servers, they announced there last week that the NA servers will stay open until may 2011. ITs so popular they'll probably extend the server time again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah once the servers go the online aspect will be gone. It's still a great game but the online aspect makes it exceptional. It's why I've been telling my friends to pick it up pronto!

• Advertisement

What about the European version, will them servers go too?

I'm sure they'll be up for a while yet, the game is only out.

Will try and find the article but from have said a sequel is'nt planned. Surprised and not so surprised, if this game was pushed in anyway it would've been huge, it took chat forums\etc to get this around the world.

It was initially planned by Sony to be a niche game and sell 40,000 copies in it's lifetime. It's gone on to sell nearly 800,000 copies and Sony have said they regret having not giving it an international release. God Sony's publishing arm annoy me with how stupid they can be.

It was initially planned by Sony to be a niche game and sell 40,000 copies in it's lifetime. It's gone on to sell nearly 800,000 copies and Sony have said they regret having not giving it an international release. God Sony's publishing arm annoy me with how stupid they can be.

These are the same people who werent going to give the original God of War a release outside the US :rolleyes:

God of War to be honest came out of nowhere and was getting panned in previews and I'm pretty sure it was on for a european release (might be wrong) although the 6 month wait was ridiculous, I ended up importing it. The asian release was a bit iffy because it would have to be cut so much for Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I personally think the game is fast approaching overrated status.

Haven't been back to play it in around 5 months and am only past the halfway point.

Next one needs to be less conviluted imo.

Havve'nt gone near it the past 2 days, is there a PWWT event going through at the moment on the EU copy?

I started a new character after my last save down the tube getting the PS3 replaced.

I'm already doing so much better. The Meat Cleaver and Soul Ray are getting a lot of use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

So finally got my hands on the european version this week after playing on Asian servers for months. Moved on from the game for a bit but with the intention of picking it back up for euro release.

So few questions for those on eu awhile now.

I only played for about 4 or 5 hours last night but was in body form the entire time and I didn't see a single blue stone. I was envaded 3 or 4 times alright (the player standard is pretty poor from what ive seen lol) but no sign of a single blue stone apart from 1 I seen on way into dragon god (weird).

Cleared 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, All stonefang, 3-1, 4-1 and 5-1 and I was dissapointed by the amount of activity I've seen. Is it just me?? Was really hoping would get alot more action on euro...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Polar101

Big Knox wrote: »
    Was really hoping would get alot more action on euro...

I'm not sure if it sold too well so far.. the limited edition was hard to find anywhere, and the regular version has only just been released.

100,000 copies so far, not too bad. Maybe there's not many people in your level range at the moment.

I see a fair few Blue Stones on fairness. Shrine Of Storms is Black Phantom central. Presumably because it's small and quite linear making it easy to find your victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

100,000 copies so far, not too bad. Maybe there's not many people in your level range at the moment.

Well I expected to see more action when I hit SL40 but 100k copies isen't a huge number in fairness!! Will be pushing SL120 asap anyway so not a big deal in fairness. Actually on euro is SL120 the "pvp range" also??
    Grayditch wrote: »
    I see a fair few Blue Stones on fairness. Shrine Of Storms is Black Phantom central. Presumably because it's small and quite linear making it easy to find your victim.

Yeah SoS is always the prime choice for invading, if you want some fun get stormruler. Stand under the dropdown at the start of 4-2 and knock them off the edge when they drop... they loose a SL and it's always funny no matter how many times you do it!!! :pac:

Yeah SoS is always the prime choice for invading, if you want some fun get stormruler. Stand under the dropdown at the start of 4-2 and knock them off the edge when they drop... they loose a SL and it's always funny no matter how many times you do it!!! :pac:

Haha. That sounds brilliant. Will do!

Well I expected to see more action when I hit SL40 but 100k copies isen't a huge number in fairness!! Will be pushing SL120 asap anyway so not a big deal in fairness. Actually on euro is SL120 the "pvp range" also??

It is for a niche game and the fact that it's getting are reprint is surprising. It wasonly meant to sell 20-40 thousand copies in japan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Guys, i've a few questions i need help with.

I just started the game last week. Its a great game. I've spend about 15 hours on it and still confused about certain things.

1) I am currently on level 24. I am finding it difficult to beat the tower knight.
    Am i too low level for the boss or am i doing something wrong? I am using
    halberd +5 and the spiked shield.

2) What the hell is the sticky white substance used for?

3) What do u all mean when u say 1-2. 1-3 ,4-2 etc? Is tower knight area
    1-2? If so, what would be a good area for me to level up? Should i
    continue playing in the tower knight area or should i try farming else
    where?

4) How do i co op with other players? Last night i dropped the blue stone
    and waited for someone to join me. After about 10 mins, i got a message saying i was being summoned? What do i do next.
    I didnt know what to do and eventually, the message faded and said my stone was removed or cancelled or something like that?

5) What is the difference between magic and faith? I know faith is all about healing and stuff and magic about attacking spells but is
    it worth it? I mean, some of the heal spells are expensive as hell.

6) Is there anyway i could just return to the nexus with all the souls that i have without having to touch the archstone? For
    instance, Say i reach outside the door of the tower knight, Now i decide to go back to the nexus with all the souls i have, Is
    there any way of doing this without actually going all the way back to the archstone that is laid down at the spot where i killed
    phalanx?

Sorry about all those questions but i cant seem to get a definite answer to any of those. I tried http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/
    but they dont seem to provide a thorough answer. Thats why i've come to u guys ( the best !! )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

jmx009 wrote: »
    Guys, i've a few questions i need help with.

I just started the game last week. Its a great game. I've spend about 15 hours on it and still confused about certain things.

1. You dont need to be a specific level to defeat any of the bosses. Sure it will make it easy, but it isnt necessary. First time i beat him was with a melee char in coop with a blue phantom. When the tower knight attacked him i would move in for the kill and vice versa. As a melee char attack his ankles until he falls. Second time through the game i stood up on the battlements and attacked with a bow in a position where is ranged attack couldnt hit me, Thats cheap :P

2. I think it adds magic damage to your weapon for a time. Not sure i only used it once

3. Tower Knight stage is 1-2 yes. With the Phalanx being 1-1. First number is the world, second being the stage in said world.

4. If your in phantom form you can drop blue stones for other people to summon you to THEIR game. If you kill a boss in as a blue phantom you get your body back and some souls for the kill. But said boss will still be alive when you return to our game. If your having trouble with the Tower Knight try it in body form and just before the entrance to the boss area hang around infront of the fog door and people will drop blue stones so you can summon them to help ya

5. No idea. Have yet to full delve into magic type characters

6. Yes there is an item that you can use to return to the nexus with all your souls but its kinda rare. Also i thinn there is a faith spell that has the same effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mrm

Hi jmx,

YouSavedMyLife has answered all of your queries. Just to expand on a few items:

1. If TK is proving too difficult move onto another world and try to complete that. You can return later and defeat him when you feel you are powerful enough to do so. Otherwise have another go and 2 hand the Halberd and forget the shield- the shield won't do you much good against that big mofo.
    2. SWS adds 110 magic damage to right hand weapon for 60 seconds.
    5. Magic is related to spells; Faith to miracles. May be no need to delve into healing through miracles as you already have grasses to cover this aspect. Your choice. The important aspect of magic and faith stats (and all others too) relate to character building. It might now be worth reading about the different suggested character builds on the DS wikidot if you ever intend to go PvP or possibly NG+ (the more experienced contributors here can confirm if a generally rounded or specific build are better for NG+).
    6, Check your inventory for shards of archstone (an expendable item) - this will return you to the Nexus when you want. Otherwise buy the Evacuate miracle for 20,000 souls - a cast of this with the Talisman of God will return you to the Nexus with all your souls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Thanks man.

I finally beat the tower knight yesterday. Pheew it was a relief !

I did some soul farming yesterday at 1-2, got my soul level up to 38. I am thinking of starting with 2-1 today after work. I really need to find that guy who will trade in valuable weapons/armour for the 2 demon boss souls that i now pocess.

Do u guys normally buy armour and weapon or do u just wait for some enemies to drop em?

Advertisement