Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

jmx009 wrote: »
    Thanks man.

I finally beat the tower knight yesterday. Pheew it was a relief !

I did some soul farming yesterday at 1-2, got my soul level up to 38. I am thinking of starting with 2-1 today after work. I really need to find that guy who will trade in valuable weapons/armour for the 2 demon boss souls that i now pocess.

Do u guys normally buy armour and weapon or do u just wait for some enemies to drop em?

2-1 is relativly easy it would be a good place to head next however if you are melee I would strongly recommend using the winged spear for it, the enemies there are weak too piercing attacks. If you don't have it grab it on the bridge in 1-2 (Tower knight stage) where the dragon scorches the ground. It's half way along the first section!!

Also don't buy weapons with souls, anything you need you can pick up. Spend your souls on levelling up!! Once you complete 2-1, you can pick up a dragon longsword in 2-2 which is an excellent weapon and you can upgrade it. That weapon done me the entire way through my first play through and because it is fire embued you don't need STR to increase it's damage so you can raise your VIT + END for more survivability!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Polar101

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It is for a niche game and the fact that it's getting are reprint is surprising. It wasonly meant to sell 20-40 thousand copies in japan :)

Yeah, but it hasn't really been a niche game for a while now, but seems to get the same treatment in Europe - wonder why they didn't try marketing a bit better? I tried to get the "Black Phantom" edition in a few shops, but none of them had it.. so I didn't buy the game after all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well most people that are interested in this game would be hardcore gamers that would have no qualms about importing the game so most have already played it so was never going to be as big here.

Well most people that are interested in this game would be hardcore gamers that would have no qualms about importing the game so most have already played it so was never going to be as big here.

Good point I would guess most of the targeted market already have the U.S / Asian version which is a pity!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Got the US verson last December and only got around to starting it last night.

Got the Cling Ring & Thief Ring and died from the bit where you release 4 boulders :)

Rolled a Royal and just blasted everything with my wand.

First impressions are just Wow. The atmosphere is suberb.

I am sure i will be back with n00b questions tonight :p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Big Knox wrote: »
    2-1 is relativly easy it would be a good place to head next however if you are melee I would strongly recommend using the winged spear for it, the enemies there are weak too piercing attacks. If you don't have it grab it on the bridge in 1-2 (Tower knight stage) where the dragon scorches the ground. It's half way along the first section!!

Also don't buy weapons with souls, anything you need you can pick up. Spend your souls on levelling up!! Once you complete 2-1, you can pick up a dragon longsword in 2-2 which is an excellent weapon and you can upgrade it. That weapon done me the entire way through my first play through and because it is fire embued you don't need STR to increase it's damage so you can raise your VIT + END for more survivability!!

Allright then, I am going to hit 2-1 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Pfft, the *REAL* hardcore gamers double (or even triple) dipped on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Got the US verson last December and only got around to starting it last night.

Got the Cling Ring & Thief Ring and died from the bit where you release 4 boulders :)

Rolled a Royal and just blasted everything with my wand.

First impressions are just Wow. The atmosphere is suberb.

I am sure i will be back with n00b questions tonight :p.

Last december? How does one buy a game and then only start playing it 8 months later?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

GothPunk wrote: »
    Pfft, the *REAL* hardcore gamers double (or even triple) dipped on the game.

If I had a job that black phantom edition would have been mine!
    Last december? How does one buy a game and then only start playing it 8 months later?

You should see the amount of games I have that are unplayed years after I bought them. Someday I'll get around to playing Chrono Cross.

Am i getting better at this or what !!!

Just beat the demon boss at 2-1. I only took 2 hours to do so !!!
    I am impressed at myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm nearly finished my first (proper) playthrough and I already can't wait to start the second.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Hmm fair play but wait until 2-2 he is a mean bastard! then wait till NG+ even harder i needed to summon 2 blue phantoms to kill him lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I thought he was the hardest boss in the game to be honest, fair play to ya. I beat him first time with two blue phantoms doing all the work. Second time i stood beside the left hand wall and shot at him with a bow (He couldnt hit me)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Invasions seems to be dead on the EU version, started off a new character after the plat and most if not all the time in body form and had 1 invasion in total, 2 if you count the old monk.

As for starting weapon, this time i leveled up a bit, went to world 5 to pick up the morning star and exited and made that a dragon morning star, phenominal weapon especially against the skeletons.

Invasions seems to be dead on the EU version, started off a new character after the plat and most if not all the time in body form and had 1 invasion in total, 2 if you count the old monk.

As for starting weapon, this time i leveled up a bit, went to world 5 to pick up the morning star and exited and made that a dragon morning star, phenominal weapon especially against the skeletons.

I was actually summoned by somone with a dragon morning star last night in 1-3, had an adjudicators shield also. Wasn't you by any chance was it? :pac:

I've found that with invasions also, i've played every stage so far in body form and have only had a handfull of invasions and in SoS I actually waited in bodyform and still nothing... bit dissapointing considering I swapped from Asian version for some action on EU servers.

Not with the adjudicators shield.

Dissapointed with the invasions so far, 1st 2 weeks of the game there was loads. might go back to the US version and get the plat on that.

The invasion thing sounds fun. How do i invade another player's realm?

I have the blue stone and was summoned by another player once. I was also invaded once but the guy ( i think ) left after a short while . Never had any problems.

I know that there is some sort of stone that i need to invade other players but i havent gotten it yet. I guess i have to finish one whole level before i get it. I am currently on 2-2. So how does this work? do u get to choose whom u want to invade or is it just some random world that u invade?

Its in 2-2 take a left at the start and run down the corridor past the carts with the exploding lights. Take out the fat minister and take the elevator shaft down, you should see 2 crystal lizards scamper down a tunnel, there's something down there that will drop the black eye stone for invading.

Put a few hours into the game.

I am a female royal and have got the Purple flame shield +2 and the Winged spear +2.

Only completed 1-1 so far :o.

took a trip to 4-1 and must have died about 5 times with those silver skeletons. Going for the compound long bow there but those skeletons are hard in the corridors

Without the Thief ring it must be a 'mare.

It is unforgivingly hard but when you succeed there is a real sense of achievement.

At the moment i am farming the Red-eyed guy in 1-1 to try and boost my shield and spear up a bit .

Probably doing it all wrong?

4-1 is one of the toughest levels in the game. The silver skeletons aren't that tough it's just you've got to learn the right technique to kill them and if they hit you it does tonnes of damage.

Also going to 1-1 and farming souls to upgrade your weapons is the wrong thing to do.

My advice is to do 2-1. With a spear it'snot so tough and there's some shortcuts later on in the level to open up. Also there's a blacksmith to unlock in 2-1and he is the best blacksmith in the game. You are far better off going to him to upgrade your weapons because he offers much more varied paths for weapon upgrading. If you upgrade your weapon too much with the normal blacksmith you can upgrade it to a point were it can no longer be upgraded to a better weapon by the 2-1 blacksmith without using an item to downgrade the weapon which is really rare and a waste of the souls you used to upgrade it.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the sound advice Retr0gamer!

I thought 4-2 was the biggest PIG of a level.
    Locking onto the rays instead of the skeletons on the cliff face. The Red Skeleton. The close-quarters reaper fight. Ugh.

Moonboy heres how to do 4-1 and get the bow. Skeletons are weak against blunt weapons. so its worth braving 5-1 to pick up the morning star, don't worry its fairly early into the level and you'll have to fight 5 of the depraved ones at most who should be easy with the PFS and spear. Do world 2 and pick up the dragon stones, get the star to +3 and upgrade it to dragon morning star, makes absolute mush of the skeletons.

Take the compound short bow from 1-2 while you're waitng for the compound long, bump it up a bit(via hardstones), that the spear and a decent supply of arrows will make short work of 2-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mrm

Moonboy, as a royal character its best to slowly approach any silver skelaton pressing R3 to get lock on at the maximum distance from them. PFS equiped in left hand; catalyst in right with winged spear (or other melee weapon) as other RH weapon. Quickly with shield up cast soul arrow (or flame shot thing); keep shield up and switch to other RH weapon; take their rolling hit on the shield and as they wind up their follow up attack you melee the feck out of them with lock on constantly enabled. Should be easy enough as they will initially reach you with lowered HP due to your opening magic cast that will activate their roll towards you. Be quick with the magic cast as they may roll before you shoot if you delay.

Don't upgrade any weapon above +3 without reading up on the upgrade paths available first- this is the earliest upgrade path point, others are at +6.

Only 2-1 blacksmith is really important for upgrading weapons. Of the dozen items I am currently upgrading the nexus blacksmith can upgrade only 1; the 2-1 blacksmith can upgrade all.

@ Grayditch, agree with 4-2 being a PIG of a level. Had found the game easy enough (though challenging) until level 4-2 tore me a new one - repeatedly.

Wicked tips mrm. Cheers man!

And many thanks AnCapaillMor for the 4-1 tips!

Got the Morning star :)

What's the deal when you finish the game and start a new one. What will I get to keep, if anything? I take it the enemies will be tougher second time around?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Grayditch wrote: »
    What's the deal when you finish the game and start a new one. What will I get to keep, if anything? I take it the enemies will be tougher second time around?

From the wiki FAQ: http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/faqs
    All items are carried over except for keys. This includes weapons, armor, ore, consumables, soul levels, spells, and all items with Stockpile Thomas. All world and character tendencies are carried over as well. Again, the only exception are keys. Keys are not carried over to NG+
    The enemies do substantially more damage and have 8% more life. The gap between NG and NG+ is more (around 200%), but each subsequent NG+ is only 8% more life from there.

Ha, some good news, some bad. Cheers!

• Advertisement

Like a knife thru butter with the morning star :D

Advertisement