Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Put a few hours into the game.

I am a female royal and have got the Purple flame shield +2 and the Winged spear +2.

Only completed 1-1 so far :o.

took a trip to 4-1 and must have died about 5 times with those silver skeletons. Going for the compound long bow there but those skeletons are hard in the corridors

Without the Thief ring it must be a 'mare.

It is unforgivingly hard but when you succeed there is a real sense of achievement.

At the moment i am farming the Red-eyed guy in 1-1 to try and boost my shield and spear up a bit .

Probably doing it all wrong?

Dude, where did u get the purple flame shield from? Is it near those big ass dragons at 1-1?

Can anyone advice me on the best way to smoke them dragons? I am currently using halbred +6 and knights shield?

according to this page
    http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/shield
    i can get the purple shield from the red eye, is this the same red eye guarding old king doran in 1-1?

I thought i killed him atleast 10 times already, never got that shield before.

Also, while i am at it. I met 2 black phantoms today at 2-2. Just before the crystal lizard's nest. I managed to lure them both into the big pit and killed them. They both gave me 1000+ souls each but i was wondering do they drop anything valuable? Since they fell into the pit, i couldnt loot their bodies?
    Is it worth fighting them again?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

jmx009 wrote: »
    according to this page
    i can get the purple shield from the red eye, is this the same red eye guarding old king doran in 1-1?

Also, while i am at it. I met 2 black phantoms today at 2-2. Just before the crystal lizard's nest. I managed to lure them both into the big pit and killed them. They both gave me 1000+ souls each but i was wondering do they drop anything valuable? Since they fell into the pit, i couldnt loot their bodies?

They drop the black stone for invading other people if you dont have it.

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    They drop the black stone for invading other people if you dont have it.

Gee thanks. looks like i will have to go back and do that part over again !

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Considered buying this game a good few times and by the sounds of it,it sounds like my kinda game!!was put off with the whole death system but sounds like a good challenge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Dude, where did u get the purple flame shield from? Is it near those big ass dragons at 1-1?

Can anyone advice me on the best way to smoke them dragons? I am currently using halbred +6 and knights shield?

You'll probably die in getting it, i think its on the 1st or 2nd charred body, at the start its worth dieing for.

Dragons forget about taking them out with the halbred, only way to take them out is with a decent bow and a load of arrows or if you have it death cloud a few times(very slow). you can't take em out until 1-2(Red) and 1-4. If you get world 1 to pure whie world tendency they dissapear from the resting place by 1-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

according to this page

Gee thanks. looks like i will have to go back and do that part over again !

As previously stated just die for it while you have 0 souls. If you have the STR to use it it's an amazing shield, especially if you upgrade it.

Regarding the black eye stone, you'll have to do 1 of 2 things to get it now. Go back to the BP's spawn point on 2-2 and see if it's on the ground (tunnell behind the first lift down) if it is not there then you'll have to go and kill another BP to loot it. I would recommend 4-2, kill the BP in the pit at the start with Saint Urbain. Hope this helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

As stated its on one of the first 3 corpses and its a well good shield

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dave1711 wrote: »
    Considered buying this game a good few times and by the sounds of it,it sounds like my kinda game!!was put off with the whole death system but sounds like a good challenge

Believe the hype, you won't regret it.

How do i trade in demon souls with Ed at 2-1? I gave him the flame lurker demons soul from 2-2 and he took it. However, i cant find an option to trade in the souls from the first 3 bosses to forge new weapons. What am i doing wrong here?

Also, any tips on how to beat the 2-3 ( dragon god ) boss?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dragon God boss is very easy and short. The best thing to do is equip the thief ring so he is less likely to see you. His breath attack is the thing that will **** you over. Pay attention to his eyes which when they change colour will tell you when a breath attack is coming. Other than that be quiet and if you can't be quiet then run your ass off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

You'll need to bring Ed the makings of the weapon too i.e; Winged Spear +6, Lead Demon's Soul and 600 souls or something.

Finished this for the first time last night. Wanna do it again!

Grayditch wrote: »
    You'll need to bring Ed the makings of the weapon too i.e; Winged Spear +6, Lead Demon's Soul and 600 souls or something.

Finished this for the first time last night. Wanna do it again!

what soul level where u when u finished the game ( just curious).

Guys, Which do u think is better?

Purple flame shield or Tower shield?

I have them both but i am having tremendous difficulty managing my inventory weight with tower shield.

what soul level where u when u finished the game ( just curious).

92 with 38 hours. I farmed quite a bit in 4-4 with the Soul Thirst stacked with the Ring Of Averice.

Enemies are tough in the second playthrough.

I have them both but i am having tremendous difficulty managing my inventory weight with tower shield.

Both are too heavy, especially the tower shield and affect your maneuverability\stamina regen big time. They're great against most enemies but utterly hopeless against others, especially in PVP. PFS because its the lightest and the flame damage block. Once you get the dark silver shield you'll give neither of the shields a look again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Judicators Shield (sp) is the best imo. Max that out to +5 (i think) and put it on your back and two hand your weapon. Thats my pref style of fighting anyway. I have to get back into this game havent touched it in about a month

Judicators Shield (sp) is the best imo. Max that out to +5 (i think) and put it on your back and two hand your weapon.

Thanks for the advice. I wasnt able to pick up the adjucators shield in 4-1 because of having excess weight. I went back and dropped some weight. However when i came back the shield was nowhere to be found again. Hopefully, i will run into it again sometime later.

I also dont have that stone for invading other players. I killed the 2 red phantoms at 2-2 by luring them into the pit so i couldnt loot their bodies. I thought it was ok as i will probably get the stone when i kill a black phantom. Last night, i was invaded and barely managed to kill the invading black phantom. However, when i tried looting his body, i couldnt find the stone.

My friend also has a similar problem. He said he didnt kill ostrava after rescuing him from 2-2 ,yet he cant seem to find him in Nexus. Looks like he just vanished without handing over the keys to King Dorans room. When i played that level, i had ostrava waiting for me at the nexus after i rescued him from 2-2.

Adjudicators shields regens health but as a shield its possibly the worst there, absorbs waay too much damage, skeletons in particular make mince of it. It is very handy in the poison swamp tho.

Invaders will never drop anything besides souls and move up your character tendency. Looks like you'll need to get to NG+ to pick up the blackstone. Personally i'd restart, you've more experience now, know what to do and what not to do, what items to get etc, so you'll breeze through, have a higher soul level and weapons when you get to the stage you are at this playthrough.

Ostrava does that; dissapears, its annoying as he'll give you pure clearstone which can be tricky to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Anyone know if the Black edition is still hard to get? thinking about selling it as I just cant get into it at all, have too many other games to play at the mo and it feels like its a slog rather than something I'm enjoying playing, havent touched it in over 2 weeks.

• Advertisement

Alot of peeps on gamefaqs still looking for it, so i'd say you;d have no probs offloading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Kewl, might ebay it, between MW2, Mario Galaxy 2, and the upcoming edition of Battlefield with the map packs and dlc included, too much to play before the Christmas games start coming along in October..

I'm getting battered in my second playthrough.

Yeah NG+ is some kick in the knackers. you always level up for NG+ and not allant or the final bosses. The good news is more souls. 4-3 and 4-2 with soul thirst and ring of avarice plus soul sucker can net you 200-250K souls(best do it in pure black, 60K for soul sucking the dual katana bp).

I also dont have that stone for invading other players. I killed the 2 red phantoms at 2-2 by luring them into the pit so i couldnt loot their bodies. I thought it was ok as i will probably get the stone when i kill a black phantom. Last night, i was invaded and barely managed to kill the invading black phantom. However, when i tried looting his body, i couldnt find the stone.

NPC BP's only drop the black stone you can't loot it from invading players. Have you killed any other NPC BP's apart from the 2 in 2-2? If not go to 4-2 and kill the one in the pit with Saint Urbain near the start and try loot him? If this doesen't work it is gonna have to be in NG.
    My friend also has a similar problem. He said he didnt kill ostrava after rescuing him from 2-2 ,yet he cant seem to find him in Nexus. Looks like he just vanished without handing over the keys to King Dorans room. When i played that level, i had ostrava waiting for me at the nexus after i rescued him from 2-2.

I always kill Ostrava in 1-1 and loot the mausoleem key as he can be a nightmare to handle sometimes, you have to get all of his interactions perfect and even then he has a habbit of going missing.

Ostrava will always appear in 1-4 with the key, i fecked up 2-3 times with him and lost him on 1-3 but he was there in 1-4. He's the one guy i never kill, he's the only guranteed source of pure clearstone, crystal gecko in 2-3 rarely drops it.

So anyway going for my 3rd DS plat on the US copy, started messing around with the insanity catalyst and light weapon, big difference around 100 in damage, with a decent magic stat it outstrips cursed weapon.

Yeah NG+ is some kick in the knackers. you always level up for NG+ and not allant or the final bosses. The good news is more souls. 4-3 and 4-2 with soul thirst and ring of avarice plus soul sucker can net you 200-250K souls(best do it in pure black, 60K for soul sucking the dual katana bp).

Cheers man. I'll be lucky if I finish 4-1 at this rate. It's time to do things slowly like I'm playing it for the first time!

Ostrava will always appear in 1-4 with the key, i fecked up 2-3 times with him and lost him on 1-3 but he was there in 1-4. He's the one guy i never kill, he's the only guranteed source of pure clearstone, crystal gecko in 2-3 rarely drops it.

So anyway going for my 3rd DS plat on the US copy, started messing around with the insanity catalyst and light weapon, big difference around 100 in damage, with a decent magic stat it outstrips cursed weapon.

Not necessarily, if he dies at any point from mobs he won't show up in 4-1 which happens more then you would think although I did hear a rumour they fixed this in the U.S release as he had a tendency in the asian version to dissappear.

But yeah if you need the clearstone or you're going for plat then obviously wait until 4-1.

I've gotten the Northern Regalia(?) but it seems to be only effective when fully White or Black, I've read. I have my magic at 36 so I want to get the Homing Arrows from the Old Monk. Does anyone know if the Anti Magic field will stop HIS arrows, so I can slash him up and are the Homing Arrows actually any use when you get em?

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    I've gotten the Northern Regalia(?) but it seems to be only effective when fully White or Black, I've read. I have my magic at 36 so I want to get the Homing Arrows from the Old Monk. Does anyone know if the Anti Magic field will stop HIS arrows, so I can slash him up and are the Homing Arrows actually any use when you get em?

Never tried anti magic on him but i imagine it would, it makes the octopuss head guys useless so why not the monk, it does negate your magic as well. Homo soul arrow is a great spell, should always be the 1st use of the monks soul. At magic 36 it shoulld make mincemeat of the bosses as you'll get the full 5 arrows, flamelurker is p1sseasy with it.

Advertisement