Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Any tips on how to beat the false king at 1-4?
    He stole a soul level from me ( my heart froze when that happend). Ever since that happend, I am afraid to go near him.

It gives me the creeps when someone just steals your hard earned soul level form you. I am currently on level 92. It takes about 1-2 hours for me to currently boost my soul level. Imagine, loosing all that hard work in a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

If you take the bloodstain off him you get souls lost plus the souls for a soul level. anytime he did it to me and killed me i ran back there collected the souls and evacuated out ASAP.

In fighting him, don't tank him, tanking it and shields will do SFA againts him and his attacks. Are you mainly magic or mainly melee?, what weapon are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

jmx009 wrote: »
    Any tips on how to beat the false king at 1-4?
    He stole a soul level from me ( my heart froze when that happend). Ever since that happend, I am afraid to go near him.

It gives me the creeps when someone just steals your hard earned soul level form you. I am currently on level 92. It takes about 1-2 hours for me to currently boost my soul level. Imagine, loosing all that hard work in a second.

The 5 D's of dodgeball, Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and Dodge!! :pac:

If you're doing the "Hippo Roll" at the moment make sure you remove your heavy armour, get your equip weight below 50% so you can roll and move faster!! All of his attacks are quite easy to dodge so just evade and hit him when he's open. When he digs his sword into the ground you can either disengage and run away or 2 hand your weapon and interrupt him (i'd recommend interrupt but make sure you're confident you can pull it off).

Magic based weapons do decent damage to him (dragon weapons or cursed/light weapon).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Never tried anti magic on him but i imagine it would, it makes the octopuss head guys useless so why not the monk, it does negate your magic as well. Homo soul arrow is a great spell, should always be the 1st use of the monks soul. At magic 36 it shoulld make mincemeat of the bosses as you'll get the full 5 arrows, flamelurker is p1sseasy with it.

I used the Yellow Demon's Soul for Soul Thirst the first time round :mad:, and while it helped farming, I'd rather have had this. I presumed it was just like a Soul Ray that tracks. Didn't know it was so powerful. I guess Homing Arrow with the Insanity Catalyst I'll get third time around will super destructive :)

Did the same on my first go got thirst and spents hours leveling up to get the 200 mp required. Its really a useless spell, costs too much mp and is only really effective in 4-3 and against the dual katana BP, plus it takes up 3 slots. For me homo soul arrow is the best spell in the game. You can have them hover around you and they'll auto track and attack anything near you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I brought 2 blue phantoms with me and let them do most of the work :)

I put down the stone for a Phantom, do I still get the boss soul at the end?

Guys i just read about the big boss surprise/spoiler at the old monk level. However i didnt understand how i can
    play as old monk. What should i do if i want to play as the boss and kill some other player(
    . Can any of the experienced players shed some light?

If you put down a stone, its you who is being summoned. Nope you don't get the boss soul but you do get the souls and get revived after it. Blue stoning is one of the safest ways to level up, if you get killed you keep the souls and get shipped back to your world without reviving.

If you put down a stone, its you who is being summoned. Nope you don't get the boss soul but you do get the souls and get revived after it. Blue stoning is one of the safest ways to level up, if you get killed you keep the souls and get shipped back to your world without reviving.

U mean to say,
    if i put down the blue stone i will be summoned to be a boss in another players world?
    Does the other player have to summon me by clicking on the stone or will it happen everytime i laydown a blue stone in that level ?what happens if i lay down a black stone instead of a blue stone, does that make a difference?

• Advertisement

U mean to say,
    if i put down the blue stone i will be summoned to be a boss in another players world?
    Does the other player have to summon me by clicking on the stone or will it happen everytime i laydown a blue stone in that level ?what happens if i lay down a black stone instead of a blue stone, does that make a difference?

By placing a blue you offering to help other players. The Blue sign will appear in other people worlds and anyone in body form close to your soul level can select to summon the player. You can rate players you've summoned from S to D. So you never pick someone with all D ratings.

to summon blues you have to be in body form.

Blackstone you invade, it searches for people in that world in body form and close to your soul level. you then invade thier game.

Guys i just read about the big boss surprise/spoiler at the old monk level. However i didnt understand how i can
    play as old monk. What should i do if i want to play as the boss and kill some other player(
    . Can any of the experienced players shed some light?

To play as the old monk, start at ManEater archstone. Go forward and through the door that leads to the winding staircase. Right inside the door just put down your black stone without going up the stairs and wait.

If you're summoned you should see the Old Monk cutscene play out then you'll have to wait in the room for the player to make his way up the stairs and come through the fog gate to start the fight...

By placing a blue you offering to help other players. The Blue sign will appear in other people worlds and anyone in body form close to your soul level can select to summon the player. You can rate players you've summoned from S to D. So you never pick someone with all D ratings.

to summon blues you have to be in body form.

Blackstone you invade, it searches for people in that world in body form and close to your soul level. you then invade thier game.

I know that, I was trying to find out how to play as the maneater. ITs ok though. Knox just answered my question. Thanks anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Big Knox wrote: »
    To play as the old monk, start at ManEater archstone. Go forward and through the door that leads to the winding staircase. Right inside the door just put down your black stone without going up the stairs and wait.

If you're summoned you should see the Old Monk cutscene play out then you'll have to wait in the room for the player to make his way up the stairs and come through the fog gate to start the fight...

You just have to put down a blue stone anywhere in 3-2 to be summoned.

3-3 to be sure of being summoned as monk, anytime i do 3-2 i'm summoned as a blue phantom.As far as i know you can be summoned from any level of the otwer of latria.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You just have to put down a blue stone anywhere in 3-2 to be summoned.

Not always guaranteed, you can still be summoned as a blue. In order to make sure you need to place the black stone in 3-3.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mrm

Big Knox wrote: »
    Not always guaranteed, you can still be summoned as a blue. In order to make sure you need to place the black stone in 3-3.

I have always used the black stone to be summoned as the old monk boss/ Black Phantom. Last week two feckers came through the fog gate so it appears that the blue stone can be used to summon co-op help - most likely depends on if the host selects your blue stone.

Grayditch, did you manage to complete all the PWWT and PBWT events on your first playthrough?

AnCapaillMor, did you focus on building a PvP/ invading build (SL 120) or did you continue to level up for NG+ and NG++? Would you recommend the DSS as a primary item for upgrading with Colourless Demons souls?

mrm wrote: »
    Grayditch, did you manage to complete all the PWWT and PBWT events on your first playthrough?

No, hardly any to be honest. Executioner Miralda with PWWT and maybe the ladder to get the some weapon in 5-1, that I can't even remember. I met Skirvir, but never got to give him the sword. Did the Magic Sword Makoto mission, too.

AnCapaillMor, did you focus on building a PvP/ invading build (SL 120) or did you continue to level up for NG+ and NG++? Would you recommend the DSS as a primary item for upgrading with Colourless Demons souls?

Never really bothered with the PVP, was more into the being summoned and a bit of the invasions. The whole 120 scene just turns into a roll-fest. The DBS anytime i came up against it i always found easy to dodge and predict, a quick weapon would cancel its attack before it got through. The big axes and fatal wepons are very popular as is the great sword and of course cursed weapon. Pumping CDS into it the DBS only raises your fire defense so its a waste, if you're going with the DBS i'd pump it into the adjudicators shield to have it counter cursed weapon and its drain. you'll be going 2 handed with the DBS anyway.

Forgot to mention was going through the US spec ed guide last night, its actually much better than the EU.

and some dude doing a speed run, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11kiNAuAnv4, did it in 1hour 8 mins, some nice shorts patricularly the one in 2-1.

I have always used the black stone to be summoned as the old monk boss/ Black Phantom. Last week two feckers came through the fog gate so it appears that the blue stone can be used to summon co-op help - most likely depends on if the host selects your blue stone.

Never really bothered with the PVP, was more into the being summoned and a bit of the invasions. The whole 120 scene just turns into a roll-fest. The DBS anytime i came up against it i always found easy to dodge and predict, a quick weapon would cancel its attack before it got through. The big axes and fatal wepons are very popular as is the great sword and of course cursed weapon. Pumping CDS into it the DBS only raises your fire defense so its a waste, if you're going with the DBS i'd pump it into the adjudicators shield to have it counter cursed weapon and its drain. you'll be going 2 handed with the DBS anyway.

Forgot to mention was going through the US spec ed guide last night, its actually much better than the EU.

and some dude doing a speed run, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11kiNAuAnv4, did it in 1hour 8 mins, some nice shorts patricularly the one in 2-1.

He said DSS Capail not DBS :pac: But on that note the DBS recieves a base damage increase from CDS which in turn increases the % increase from your STR so it is worth it if you're a strength build and also cursed weapon is only worth using with a cracked TOB so you take little to no damage.

Anyway if you're going to do alot of PvE then yes upgrading the DSS to +5 is a good choice it's the best shield in the game by far however if you are planning on capping at 120 to pvp then you won't really need a shield (Still worth upgrading for pve imho).

If you like the pvp aspect then I would definitely recommend capping at 120 and doing some with the red eye stone, I got big into the pvp on asian servers for awhile and recently swapped to euro but the quality of players on euro is shockingly bad lol.

Edit : Must watch that speed run looks good!!

• Advertisement

Ah the dark silver slaysword. its kinda worth updating, upgrading brings up your magic defense when equipped even offhand so if you bump into a mage its worth it, altho magic users are rare in the pvp scene later on and usually end up gettig anihilated.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Some of this is GOLD.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Some of this is GOLD.

I would'nt watch beyond 2 if i were you, it'll piss you off even more that you did'n pick homing soul arrow.

going to try his approch on NG+++ all i need is the spells now and 1 chunk of cloudstone. Did i ever say how much i hate cloud stone, 1 pure drop, around 120 shards and no feckin chunks. always the same, nevermind pure bladestone cloud chunks are the one to get.

Haha, not to worry, I'll get the Homing Soul Arrow tomorrow maybe. Rolling past the Reapers and Ghosts in 4-2, YES PLEASE.

No way not with the amount of souls they handout.

Going backwards maybe. I hate that level with a passion after being destroyed in that corner of death so many times, I'd rather farm the manta rays.

I'm going to piss you off more now, best way to take him out is caste soul ray and run around the corner, they autotrack and fire just before he attacks That bit used drive me mad too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Guys quick question,

I have read that the crystal gecko's drop spiderstones etc.

And you have only 4 chances to kill them before they disappear.

I have tried to kill them twice and failed in 2-1.

So if i fail twice more am i basically fooked?

Any tips about the gecko's?

Cheers guys :)

• Advertisement

moonboy52 wrote: »
    So if i fail twice more am i basically fooked?

Any tips about the gecko's?

Thief ring with a decent bow and a decent amount of dexterity. The compound short bow in 1-2 should do while you wait for the compound long in 4-1. Quality compound bow is quite decent too if you don't have the spiderstone needed. the miners without a ickaxe drop siderstone. For the gecko Just walk out the door, don't run to alert him. walk a bit to the left and edge out and manually aim the bow via the R3 button. Chunks are what you're going to be short on. If you really want chunks, get world 2 to pure black and farm the fist miners at the start of 2-2, it'll take a good few repeats of taking out those miners. Lava bow(spider demons souls + any bow+7) and quality compound, should be fine for the first playthrough. You've 2 go's left on the gecko so it'll be tough to get the needed chunks.

Ps the gecko at the start drop hard\sharp stone shards, its the 2nd dude just after the furnaces that drops the spider stones and chunks you need.

Advertisement