Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Awesome help AnCapaillMor!

So am i right in saying you have 4 attempts to kill the gecko's and if you do not you have to wait until the next playthrough or am i completely off the mark?

Does it make finishing the game harder if you do not get the chunks? (you cannot make better weapons etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Yep you can kill them a max of 4 times and get 4 attempts at it. 1 at the start and 1 for every time you kill a demon. With world 1 you get 5 attempts but they're just sharp\hard stone.

A stronger weapon is always handy but it should'nt make the game that much harder if you don't have it. Remember there's loads of different weapons out there and loads of different upgrades too. alot don't use the bow, it depends on how you play the game, like the weapons there's loads of dfferent builds, ways to fight, ways to take out enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Awesome help AnCapaillMor!

So am i right in saying you have 4 attempts to kill the gecko's and if you do not you have to wait until the next playthrough or am i completely off the mark?

Does it make finishing the game harder if you do not get the chunks? (you cannot make better weapons etc.)

Heres the easiet and probably the fastest way to farm them geckos.

Trade in the dragon gods soul to Yuria and she will teach you firestorm. Now go to 2-2 and take a left. Kill that annoying fat official and go down the lift. If you have been here before, u know that there is a nest of those geckos. You are sure to find atleast 4-6 (or maybe more) geckos all together. now slowly walk to the edge of the nest and quickly jump in and use the firestorm spell. 5-6 pillars of fre will erupt from the grounds killing atleast 4-5 geckos each time you try this.

Personally, i find this the easiest way to farm geckos.

jmx009 & AnCapaillMor i salute thee!

Thank you for your help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Ha, I use God's Wrath with those lizards in the pit. Makes you feel super powerful.

• Advertisement

The Maneater the second time around is an absolute f...

Firestorm sorted him out.

Managed to kill the crystal gecko in 2-1 twice last night.

I went upstairs and down to the very end of it where you can jump down onto a ledge. From that corner, i killed the guys with the longbow (not sure of their names). Went downstairs and killed the gecko with soul arrow. took maybe 5-6 hits.

Killed the spider boss, went back to the area and re-loaded the game. The gecko was there and i killed him again :)

That lizard dude dropped spiderstones?, if you only just killed the spider boss that means you've another 2 attempts, 1 after flamelurker and the other after the dragon bob. so you ight get the sitcky +5 after all.

In my bank i have 10 shard of spiderstone, 5 chunk of spiderstone and 1 pure spiderstone.

Got the bow to sticky +2.

I've done every level/boss except the last boss now on my second playthrough. I don't want to finish it again right now. I think I just want to keep levelling up and getting the upgrade trophies.

I might have to start a new character with high Luck to farm for stones for upgrades. I should really turn black and try get some of those events, although I heard they turn tendencies to Black on Halloween, I might just wait 'til then.

• Advertisement

Its just the US and Atlus that have done the WT events so far. Can't see namco do it here. what upgrades are you looking for? Its always quicker to pick a weakass weapon to upgrde, takes less shards\chunks. Usually go daggers for marrow\pulp stone and mercury, the buckler for cloudstone. Luck is a waste unless you're using the BBS. Large sword of moonlight helps. That in 1 hand, catalyst in the other. As fpor the bladestone, good luck with that.

In my bank i have 10 shard of spiderstone, 5 chunk of spiderstone and 1 pure spiderstone.

Got the bow to sticky +2.

Should have enough for +3 now possibly +4. The miners with the fist have a decent drop rate on shards, chunks not so much. How many lizards runs have you left(how many world 2 bosses left)?

Whats the best way to defeat the maneater. I am on my first playthrough. I am currently using the kneel smasher ( US version and EU version name would be dragon bone i think). I also have the soulbrand but my CT is neutral so it aint worth ****. I am predominantly a melee character and have access to firestorm. Any suggestions?

Also, Is there many hours worth of gameplay left after beating all the bosses in the 5 worlds? This is my last world to beat. I have beaten all the other 4.

One last question. I saved that magic dude (sage freke i think is his name) from his cell in 3-1 or 3-2 dont remember. he also gave me a weapon but the dude hasnt turned up in Nexus yet. Is this a glitch? Should i do something else to make him come to NExus?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

jmx009 wrote: »
    Whats the best way to defeat the maneater. I am on my first playthrough. I am currently using the kneel smasher ( US version and EU version name would be dragon bone i think). I also have the soulbrand but my CT is neutral so it aint worth ****. I am predominantly a melee character and have access to firestorm. Any suggestions?

Maneater's tricky, key is to focus on one first and then take down the other. Magic and effective dodging is the best strategy (wiki says firestorm is excellent), although avoiding falling off the edge is half the battle! Take your time, learn the patterns, and be able to dodge their attacks.
    Also, Is there many hours worth of gameplay left after beating all the bosses in the 5 worlds? This is my last world to beat. I have beaten all the other 4.

No, there isn't a lot really: in fact, only about half an hour of your first play through. Before you fight the final boss, though, make sure to take care of any unfinished business, because as soon as you fight it, it's straight into New Game +, which ups the difficulty. Again, plenty of gameplay left if you are up for NG+, but the first play through is near the end once you've defeated all the bosses, unless you have items and grinding to do.
    One last question. I saved that magic dude (sage freke i think is his name) from his cell in 3-1 or 3-2 dont remember. he also gave me a weapon but the dude hasnt turned up in Nexus yet. Is this a glitch? Should i do something else to make him come to NExus?

Hmm sounds dodgy, he should be there alright. Definitely didn't attack him or anything?

what upgrades are you looking for?

I just want to use the Pure stones. I havethe Crested Schimitar +5 which is great. I almost have a Mercury Uchangkatana or whatever it's called, up to + 4, just need a couple of chunks from the Man Centepedes for the last upgrade. I have the Clearstone one fully done with the Bastard Sword, I think. I'm working on the Schotle for Pure Sharpstone.

jmx009 wrote: »

For melee the best thing to do is run to the middle and keep him and the flames between him and you and go around every now and now and hit him. Did it my first and 2nd playthrough and it was tough. Went with magic ever since. It is possible to take him out through the fog with the bow and arrow.

Depends what you want to do, if you want the plat you still got to play it 3 more times and NG+ is literally a new game, the difficulty jumps up several levels.

Thats weird that he's not there. Try talking to freke's apprenctice and see what he says, if he tells you to f'off and eal with freke instead something odd is up otherwise go back to his cell in 3-1. You do know he's just around the corner from his apprentice?

Grayditch wrote: »
    I just want to use the Pure stones. I havethe Crested Schimitar +5 which is great. I almost have a Mercury Uchangkatana or whatever it's called, up to + 4, just need a couple of chunks from the Man Centepedes for the last upgrade. I have the Clearstone one fully done with the Bastard Sword, I think. I'm working on the Schotle for Pure Sharpstone.

There's a few chunks in 3-1 once you get world 3 to PWWT, there's debris that will dissapear once it gets to PWWT and there's 2-3 chunks there. The dudes on the way to the old mink drop chunks every now and then and there is a chunk by the ball of bodies thing down in the swamp in 3-2. The sharpstone one, good luck with that, you do know if you were to meet a blue phantom he can drop the +5 weapon, you pick it up hold it for 5 secs and you get the trophy. Never done it myself but helped a few dudes with the sharp +5 trophy. Bladestone, Marrowstone and cloudstone are possibly the hardest to do.

Should have enough for +3 now possibly +4. The miners with the fist have a decent drop rate on shards, chunks not so much. How many lizards runs have you left(how many world 2 bosses left)?

Killed Scirvir last night , so just left with Flamelurker. I tried him 3 times and was very close on each occassion but no cigar. Today he will be slain :).

Got the bow to +3, but not sure where i am lizards wise. I have not went into their lair yet as i am waiting for that uber spell.

EDIT: Just killed Flamelurker and went back to 2-1 and got another piece for the bow. Got it to +4 now. +5 would have been nice, but oh well :)

I probably should have went to 2-1 after killing Scirvir and the gecko would have been there?

Killed Scirvir last night , so just left with Flamelurker. I tried him 3 times and was very close on each occassion but no cigar. Today he will be slain :).

Got the bow to +3, but not sure where i am lizards wise. I have not went into their lair yet as i am waiting for that uber spell.

Dudes in the lair, drop just sharpstone, hardstone and clearstone. Thief ring and a good bow with heavy arrows should net you 90% if not all of the lizards. Do it in soul form and you should 1 shot the lizards. Once you get to the pit just edge in bit by bit and make the lizards run 1 at a time, manual aim and take them out.

If you've flamelurker to beat you still got 2 runs at the lizard in 2-1(he's the only lizard to drop spderstone), 1 for when you beat flamelurker and 1 for the next boss.

And fair play on scirvir he's pretty tough when you start out. For me his drop the talisman of beasts is one of the handiest weapons there.

Ps don't forget do not consume the flamelurkers soul, give it to boldwyn.

Tbh i stood on the furthest platform from Scirvir, and shot arrows at him and interrupted his healing. Going toe-to-toe must be well hard.

I never went back to the gecko in 2-1 afterwards though :mad: .

Great tips on the pit. You must have ploughed some hours into this game AnCapaillMor :p .

Got Purple flame shield to +4 and Winged spear to +6 .

Need 1 chunk of spiderstone and 4 shards of spiderstone to get the bow to +5. Should pick them up sooner or later from the miners maybe? or has the window shut on that.

• Advertisement

Killed the dragon god and went back and the gecko had respawned.

Now the proud owner of the sticky compound long bow +5 :p

Is the lava bow something to strive for?

moonboy52 wrote:
    Is the lava bow something to strive for?

At the start yeah but once your str\dex gets decent, sticky passes it out big time. With 40 dex I was doing 300+ damage

White Bow + White Arrows = :D

White bow was the biggest dissapointment, i pumped 5 CDS's into it and it came nowhere near the sticky and it has crazy stats requirements. Only thing it does have is range.

I hope its ok to post this here, If any of u moderators think that its not appropriate plz feel free to delete this post

Here is a link to the scans for the Demon souls strategy guide. This being a difficult game and all, i figured some of you could use this

Link removed.
    <Unauthorised reproduction of coprighted work>

Its the better guide scan too.

Should be ok, came with the US spec ed which had a limited run, can't be bought anywhere, so noones losing out.

Cheers jmx

I was looking for that a good few months back.

No joy so never looked again.

Cheers buddy!

stone-of-ephemeral-eyes-farming

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/stone-of-ephemeral-eyes-farming

Did anyone follow the tips on killing the black phantom in 4-2 on that page?

You have to kill Urbain so very hesitant as i have only learned gods wrath from him as yet.

On another note, i am finally making progress stats wise.

Farming 4-2 with the Reaper and Skeleton in pure black. Getting 14k odd for 2 mins work :D.

I have maybe done it 40 times now.

Did anyone follow the tips on killing the black phantom in 4-2 on that page?

You have to kill Urbain so very hesitant as i have only learned gods wrath from him as yet.

On another note, i am finally making progress stats wise.

Farming 4-2 with the Reaper and Skeleton in pure black. Getting 14k odd for 2 mins work :D.

If you do kill him, you can still use him the next playthrough to get his miracles, altho anti magic field is very handy for the BP mind reapers in world 3-2 and 3-3. I'm not 100% sure but i'm pretty confident if your CT is anywhere near PB that guy in 4-2 turns up regardless of killing urbain or not. Happened to me and i did'nt touch urbain.

4-3 is the place to farm, with a half decent bow and good reflexes you can get 25K+souls in less than a min, thats with ring of avarice and no soul thirst.

• Advertisement

This platinum is killing me. All trophies are in sight except Bladestone and Marrowstone.

The way I farm is I start at the Flamelurker archestone, run back and up the ladders to the tunnels. With the thieves ring, silver bracelets and ring of avarice equipped, I roll past and Soul Suck the medium Bearbug that was guarding the 2 crystal lizards. Then I run to the back of the large bearbug, cast Soul Thirst and Soucl Suck him and the one past him to the left.

If I'm not in a hurry, I'll head down to the lava pit, block and soulsuck the lava bearbugs.

Meelions of souls.

Advertisement