Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

No need for the thief ring, the 2 big bear bugs can't manueuvre around in the tunnel.

Bladestone good luck with that, best just get world 4 to pure black and work back from 4-3 through 4-2, taking out the bp dual katana dn the guy in the hidden tunnel. You can soul suck the BP guy if you approach him slowly, i'd advise firestorm instead of thirst as the next 2 guys are tough, firestorm should take the 2 of them out again sneak up. they've also got a good chance of dropping chunks of bladestone which are bloody rare too. Its a pain in the butt, however the soul return is huge. From 4-3 to 4-2 you can net 200k+ souls on NG+, 150+ and 1st playthrough and thats without thirst.

Marrowstone, forget about the mosquitos in 5-2(drop rate is abysmal), get world 5 to black and work your way back from the leechmonger archstone and take out all the giant ticks. Upgrade a knife as it take little few chunks to max out and get the trophy. Large sword of searching helps. 7-8 runs and you should have enough chunks\shards(you do know the pure is on a body in 5-3).

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

I picked this up yesterday and enjoying it so far. I've just talked to that baby and I think I can head into any world I want now? Just one question, is it best to just play this game whatever way you want or to use a guide or walkthrough?

I think I will play it through and have the Wiki opened up on my laptop beside me for when I get stuck or lost :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    I picked this up yesterday and enjoying it so far. I've just talked to that baby and I think I can head into any world I want now? Just one question, is it best to just play this game whatever way you want or to use a guide or walkthrough?

I think I will play it through and have the Wiki opened up on my laptop beside me for when I get stuck or lost :D

Thats the way i do it as well (apart from bugging the guys here with questions:p)

I follow a guide as well though

http://www.gamershell.com/faqs/3804/

What class are you playing paddyBomb?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Thats the way i do it as well (apart from bugging the guys here with questions:p)

I follow a guide as well though

http://www.gamershell.com/faqs/3804/

What class are you playing paddyBomb?

I'm playing as Knight class.

Cheers for the guide. Just getting the hang of this now and figuring out what I'm doing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

That old king allant in 1-4 is a major pain (Or maybe i just suck !). Is there any cheats/gitches u guys would recommend.

• Advertisement

Dodge and roll do not try and block him, and have a quick weapon, he's the one boss that has no real easy way to beat. Get in a quick slash or 2 and roll away, always attack him after he's lunged at you, never when he's just walking. Its slow but just play it safe. summoning helps big time as it devides his attention. Never tried it but i imagine soul remains might divert his attention. and most important of all check your equipment to max equip ratio to mawe sure you can roll properly, too much armour is a hindrance agains him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

If you have the Clever Rat's Ring and about 50 arrows, get your health to 30% and when you enter the fog gate, don't move from that spot and shoot the arrows. He'll keep moving back and out of sight, so you'll have to guess the position. After about 50 arrows, you can't get him, but he'll have a fair amouth of health knocked off.

Then just do what AnCapaillMor said.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Thanks guys for the all the tips. Finally i beat the game last night.

Old king allant was a pain to kill. He soul sucked me 9 times in my last fight with him. It took me about 20 mins to finally make him rest in peace. I was kind of let down with the final boss and ending.

Still it feels great to know that i just completed one of the most difficult games released in recent years. 2 of my friends dropped the game half way through !!

Anyone ever notice how big this thread has become. I think this is probably the oldest and biggest thread (which is still active) in the PS3 section.

Do u guys think there will be a Demon souls 2?

Some of us have been playing it for over a year and with the eventual US and EU releases, the thread kept getting renewed and the fact that i can't stop playing the game.

DS2 unfortunately i doubt it, at least not for a while. Sony and From did'nt think it'd be as big a game as it became. Originally a jap only relase, word got around the net that the game was awesome and so there was an asian release, few months later same again with the US and the same with the EU copy. In anticipation of nothing from the game, FROM scheduled works on other games, an armoured corp sequel and a few others. DS2 was not on the schedule. Sony own the name so who knows they might push it to someone else. Sony and FROM really dropped the ball on this game, with a half decent ad campaign they could've easilly doubled\tripled sales, i've no doubt in my mind that a DLC of the 6th(broken) archstone would've been bought by the vast majority of people who bought the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

It is like the great TV shows Firefly and Deadwood etc, not being renewed for another season.

It is a crying shame that the gaming equivalent of those great shows Demons Souls was not given the proper push it deserved.

It is a gem in a sea of mediocre crap.

It is all about the production values, graphics and the care-bear approach to games these days, at least on consoles.

I want to play a game, not take part in an interactive movie (Unchartered 2 being the big exception).

Here's hoping for Demons Souls 2 :)

• Advertisement

It's one of the best games ever made.

I most have been fairly black. I've killed 9.. NINE black phantoms and I'm still not pure white. By the book, it should be UNpossible for me not to go white white when I kill the 10th. I must have been 90% black or something.

Did you kill any of the NPC's?, killing miralda and suzuki in pure white knocks points of your CT. Best way to check, grab the north regalia and check damage in your weapon select page, if you've 540 damage you are pure white.

I take it its the friends ring you're after?, if you said no to the monumentals request(its quite easy to mistakenly do it) se won't offer you the ring.

I may have during the first playthough, but 2 and now 3, I've said YES!, GIMMIE THE MISSION.

Still no ring. I hope she gives it to me when I become Pure White.

I killed Patches White Mirelda and Ostrava during the second playthrough before I knew how much it would ruin my PWCT chances. It's a lot easier to get to black though, me thinks.

Do the north regalia thing, that'll definately prove it. I think killing the NPC BP gives a higher boost in CT, so try bp miralda.

Is the best way not to see if you're pure white is if she gives you the ring? Don't tell me the only time you can get it is if she asks about the mission and you've PWCT AT THAT MOMENT!?!

All the BPs are dead in this playthrough except Skirvir, who's quite handy to kill with Deathcloud. I just need a few more Stones to go black in Stonefang.

I heard the Filthy Lady in 5-2 sells one each time, but not to me it seems.

North Regalia is just the handiest way to verify, the monumental will give you the ring anytime you're PW, once per playthrough. What soul level are you?, i can drop one for you i've 3-4 of them on 2 characters, ones SL 120, the others around 190.

Most of the npc's sell stones once you've killed all the boses apart from allant, 50K a pop for the stone and there's a limited amount.

How are you using up so many stones? Handier to blue stone with someone and get revived through that.

I think I'm level 151. I might take you up on the offer after today, we'll see how it goes, but I appreciate it.

I'm playing offline. I thought that was the best way to control tendencies. I'm using up stones reviving, killing myself, reviving, repeat.

Ah now i get ya, i'd a similar problem when playing offline. As for controlling the WT, you're better off getting them all on the 1st playthrough so you can get into the online, it becomes a new game once you get into the online.

Ha, oddly, I played my first playthrough online a fair bit( with this EU edition) I didnt play whole lot of the Asian one. There's not a lot of players floating around at my level now (lower level story gamers or high level PVP savages). I think I'm in the middle somewhere, but maybe I'm wrong. I want to start a character for PVP when I get my platinum, alright. Co-Op is a lot of fun, too.

Soooooo. Finishing a Black Phantom with Death Cloud or Soul Sucker nullify changes in CT the same way a Bp falling to their death would.

****. My. Life.

Playthrough 4 it is!!!!!

Aarrggghh!!

• Advertisement

Heh was going to mention that but thought you knew. I find clever rats ring\morion blade\heavy arrows combo does the trick for most of them.

I'll try that. New playthrough starts tomorrow. I need 2 rings, friend/foe. One spell, one miracle and one rare weapon : BP Garl's Bind. I hope he's there. He's never there.

Then marrow, cloud, grey and blade farming starts. Eugh!

Bing! Platinum. Finally.

It glitched with the foes ring so I had to go through all that again. I never want to hear the word 'Bladestone' again.

Still. Happy now. Thanks for the help AnCapaillMor.

F'in bladestones, pure is ridiculous and to piss you off even more, chunks can be hard to come by too. I can do the run to the dude in the hidden passage in my sleep at this stage.

I had about 67 chunks left over!

Probably due to having 26 luck. I was trying everything. Soulsucking the black phantom katana and two cleaver ones was great for souls, but I knew I'd get Pure Bladestone from the hidden dual katana skeleton. I took so long. Chunk of Cloudstone came mostly from the playthroughs treasure. That was the second hardest for me. Even more so than Chunk Or Marrowstone.

Couldstone chunks are a joke i usually go for the buckler as it takes the least amount for chunks. I still don't know how i made a dark purple flameshield +5 in the asian copy There were times where i had 99 shards in my inventory and not 1 chunk. Marrow was easy enough once you got world 5 to PBWT.

As for bladestone, the gamefaq boards are full of dupe me pure bladestone or let me hold bladestone+5 weapon.

Haha, I had the Dark Purple Flame Shield + 2 before my missus pointed out after reading about Cloudstone that it would cost less to start the Buckler from scratch. I wanted to get all the trophies by myself, even after the foes ring glitched me out. Worlds 4 and 5 are so hard with both tendencies black and in Soul Form.

My Moon Uchigatana + 5 was my hero. I also got the Makato to + 5 just to see the bleed. Quite funny with that in one hand and the Mercury uchigatana + 5 in the other. They would have all been daggers if I'd copped the chunk cost sooner.

Checking my trophies there, I noticed the 10% on the Asian version. Hhhmmm!!! ;) I don't really want to play any other game.

Asian servers are still fairly active apparently, wish i had'nt sold my copy.

I had to lend my copies to people just so i'd stop playing it last week, playing just cause 2now and at one stage late at night(and a bit drunk) i found myself running around outside a base looking for a blue soul sign.

I missed co-op! Playing the Asian one today working on a PVP Build, I summoned a Blue Phantom and was instantly invaded after he arrived. We made short work of the Black Phantom. I love this game.

• Advertisement

Advertisement