Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got an update from Atlus faithful. Seems Demons Souls sold enough in America to get a greatest hits re-release soon for 29.99 dollars. Could be a god way for newbies to get into it on the cheap and the community will be back up and stronger.

Now to wait and see if someone is crazy enough to take the plunge a fourth time on the game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Finally pulled my finger out and got this recently

First impressions are great so far, thankfully it isn't as instantly frustrating as I imagined it would be, but I can picture it getting extremely tough quite soon.
    I started off as a knight and like it so far, but wonder if this is the best newbie friendly class? (trying to avoid spoilers so don't really want to trawl through this thread looking for suggestions:o)

Can picture this being one of those "1 more quick game before bed"... "oh, it's getting light out there!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

http://www.fromsoftware.jp/game/projectdark/

Announced by From Software at Sony’s Tokyo Game Show media briefing, Project Dark was specifically called out as a game for fans of the company’s last RPG. Demon’s Souls, released by Sony in Japan and by Atlus in the West, was a surprise hit, winning fans over with its difficult but addictive gameplay.

From Software will release the game exclusively for PlayStation 3 in 2011 in Japan. Overseas release details were not discussed at the press conference.

Read More http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/09/project-dark/#ixzz0zgAOlMsE

Last statement is a bit odd, says PS3 only but the official website has the box down on it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Could be a spiritual sequel is Sony isn't greenlighting another DS game.

Sony own the name Demons Souls so it could be away around it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Read it was being developed for PS3 and 360, will try find the article.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Read it was being developed for PS3 and 360, will try find the article.

http://kotaku.com/5639473/project-dark-is-the-demons-souls-teams-next-game

Here you go! Announcements for a new From game, a Steel Batallion sequel, Team Ico news and a new release of Radiant Silvergun are nice things to wake up to :)

Just came out of a rapetime meeting with my project supervisor but this news makes it all better. You also forgot to include a game by the creator of panzer dragoon that looks suspiciously like a panzer dragoon game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    also forgot to include a game by the creator of panzer dragoon that looks suspiciously like a panzer dragoon game.

When that's 'small news', well you know you're dealing with a good news day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

• Advertisement

Has anybody had problems with a blank black screen as soon as you launch the game? After half an hour of assuming that it was a problem with my TV and 720p, I got desperate and unplugged the network cable and tried again and it's now working fine:confused:

Oh, just for tidiness sake, let's keep the Project Dark discussion to its own thread!

We have to keep this thread alive with Demon's Souls discussion FOR EVER.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Just wondering how come this thread doesn't have a 5 star rating. Imo it deserves it, so i have given it the thumbs up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

anyone around lvl 80 ish need help with that dodgy king alliant. pm me ur ps3 nick and ill try find you ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Willow01

Dont suppose anybody would be up for teaming up on this for a bit sometime? Im only new to it and am freakin loving it!

Kind of went off this after reading a terrible bit of advice that said after 2-1, play 5-1 (or perhaps it was great advice and I just wasn't ready for the difficulty curve....)

Which order would you guys recommend? I've finished 1-1, 1-2 and 2-1 so far without too much difficulty

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I find all of 2 quite handy except the boss of 2-2. See if you can summon someone for help for him. You can go straight to him of you take a right at the start and carefully drop onto all the ledges and then avoid the rockworms.

Cheers Grayditch
    Took me bloody ages to get the hang of that shortcut to Flamelurker, but got there in the end (then got totally spanked by him and had to try it again!)

I can only imagine how frustrating that level would be without the shortcut!:eek:

The Archdemon after the Flamelurker isn't so bad once you figure him out and there's very little fighting involved. I'd suggest using his soul for FIIIIIIIIIIRESTORM!

The dragon god was almost disappointingly easy after Flamelurker, but I'm struggling a tiny bit with 1-3 now!

Felt supersmug after offing those 3 archers without taking any damage (on a balcony across from you straight after you get to the top of a long stairway), turned around and one of those red eye bastards was looming over me and one shotted me:(

Tried that bit twice more but got ganked by that red eye both times, which is odd seeing as I've had no problems with the one guarding a locked door in 1-1

• Advertisement

Don't underestimate the power of Soul Remains. Took me too long to figure out how good they can be.

1-3 is a big step up. Try world 3 or 4 lvl up s bit

Got as far as rescuing Ostrava in 1-3 and opening the portcullis without too many problems last night, so at least I can skip the first part of the level next time I try it! I also had a quick go at 3-1, but got killed within a few seconds by the ranged magic user across from you at the start.
    Backtracked a bit in 1-3 and rescued the witch then traded a soul for firestorm as suggested, but won't be able to use that for a while:( (it uses up all 3 of the slots that I currently have, and I'm mainly a magic user so that's no good!)

I reckon I've made a bit of a mess of my build - pretty much focussed exclusively on magic damage and have only just started building up my str so that I'm not totally useless in melee combat (I'm also ignoring dexterity, but saving the spider's soul for the flame bow, so will start focussing on building up dex when I have a +7 bow to use for that)

Such an addictive game... I walk away from it and can't stop thinking about what my next few steps will be. Glad that I took the plunge, despite how punishing it can be at times!

Really want to get a decent set of armour too, but the one I'm looking at is dropped in 1-1 when world tendency is pure white, and I really don't understand this tendency deelio. I'm guessing that pure white for world 1 is a lost cause at this stage, as I've lost my body there every time I've been revived:(

Maybe. It can be hard to tell. If it's the Brushwood armour, you can get that at pure black tendency, too, I think. Die in soul form, go to th nexus to refresh the world tendency, go back and see if the gate is open. If not, revive, die, nexus, check gate until it is.

Basically when you die in Body form your World Tendancy shifts towards black. Enemies become tougher. Drops are more health based, I think. Just before you hit pure black( when it looks dark but not über black) something called a Primeval Demon, an amazing looking giant blob creature who doesn't seem to fight back, will appear somewhere in the World (on world one for instance, in 1-3 past the gate). Killing the Primeval demon puts your World tendacy up a large amount. He also drops a colourless Demon Soul, used for upgrading a lot of the rare weapons.

So don't kill it yet! When you have finally Pure Black World Tendancy, a Black Phantom version of one of the characters will appear (in this instance it's Mirelda in 1-1, past the gate at the start. Killing THEM shifts your Character's Tendancy towards White.

White Character tendacy is used to get a ring, make some weapons work better and makes the game a bit easier (I think) don't worry too much about it.

Down that hole past yer wan lies the Brushwood armour. It's reaaaaal cumbersome. Shield is awesome though. It's the Twing Fang armour.

Then go find the Primeval demon and chop him up. World Tendancy goes up and enemies to back to being less... demonic.

Killing bosses, especially Archdemons puts your World Tendancy towards White too.

That's a bit of an essay, but it's hard to explain sometimes. I hope there's nothing spoilery in there, but this thread has passed the point of spoilers!

Grayditch wrote: »
    Maybe. It can be hard to tell. If it's the Brushwood armour, you can get that at pure black tendency, too, I think. Die in soul form, go to th nexus to refresh the world tendency, go back and see if the gate is open. If not, revive, die, nexus, check gate until it is.

I was thinking more of the Binded Cross set, as I'd only be able to equip a couple of parts of the Brushwood set without losing the ability to roll around the place.

I might aim for that one anyway, as I'm still pretty much in my starting gear at the moment:o

Ah the Binded is good, alright. Have a look back at the gate in 1-1 after you beat the 1-3 boss. Get Biorr to help you with that lunatic, though.

You could always hang around waiting for invasions, defeating invading black phantoms increases towards white.

Does that affect the world or character?

Does dying in body form in PVP result in blacker World tendancy?

• Advertisement

Affects both if you do it in your world. Getting killed by while full body is like being killed full bodied by bosses, it does'nt affect WT.

Advertisement