Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

You could always hang around waiting for invasions, defeating invading black phantoms increases towards white.

The key word there being defeating:p
    I haven't been invaded yet thankfully, I can only imagine the mass of nerves I would be!
    I also haven't had a chance to go back to the start of the level yet, but the icon in the top-right is looking pretty damn white at the moment, so hopefully I'm not too far off pure white. I've made a habbit of going straight back to the nexus and topping myself as soon as I revive... Getting kind of annoyed with having to use up a slot for cling ring all the time though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Just finished the first playthrough.

Soul level 100 and 80 hours playtime. I took my time :)

looking forward to the 40% increase in difficulty :p (not)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Just finished the first playthrough.

Soul level 100 and 80 hours playtime. I took my time :)

looking forward to the 40% increase in difficulty :p (not)

wow i had it plated in that time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Congrats Moonboy, it's a good feeling.

Cheers Grayditch :).

I had gone off playing games for a while now.

Demons Souls has re-ignited my love of good games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, it's set the bar a little high for me, but it has helped me take my time with annoying bits of other games. Stop and think as opposed to run and gun and then moan when you die.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

tman wrote: »
    I reckon I've made a bit of a mess of my build - pretty much focussed exclusively on magic damage and have only just started building up my str so that I'm not totally useless in melee combat (I'm also ignoring dexterity, but saving the spider's soul for the flame bow, so will start focussing on building up dex when I have a +7 bow to use for that)

If you've focused on magic do not increase your STR unless you need it for an item requirement. For increased melee damage make a Crescent or Moon weapon as it scales with magic damage. Grab the Crescent Falchion in 3-1 to start off with!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Bought this yesterday....

Picked Temple Knight for my first playthrough.

EDIT: I take it your supposed to die during the tutorial? :P

Is it possible to make it half way through a level and then use the arch stone to head back to nexus without losing your souls? Or can you only do that once you've completed the level? Just a bit scared to try incase i lose my souls.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Is it possible to make it half way through a level and then use the arch stone to head back to nexus without losing your souls? Or can you only do that once you've completed the level? Just a bit scared to try incase i lose my souls.

Your souls go with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

ITs only the nexial binding that loses your souls. Shards of archstone and evacuate will also send you back with souls intact.

As for tutorial dieing, it is possible to kill the axe dude, i'll say no more after that. Temple knight is probably the wrong guy to have to do it. don't worry anyway you'll meet the axe dude later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

For anyone interested in this game but still don't have it, VG+ have this for C$19.99 ~ which is about €23
    http://www.videogamesplus.ca/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=demons+souls&x=0&y=0

Good deal howevervthe one problem is you won't able to pay any of your mates that have the EU version of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Demons Souls speed run.Game completed in just under an hour.
    How.....the.......fcuk......

http://kotaku.com/5666793/how-to-beat-demons-souls-in-under-an-hour

Ok why was this moved after over a year and it is a playstation game?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

See announcement at the top of the Games forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Couple of questions...

How do I get more spells for my Royalty character?

I'm struggling a bit in the melee' against such ****bags as the adjudicator and the giant knight, how can I increase this, is it armour I need or what?

Would I be better off starting again and getting a fighting type to use but soes this not have the drawbacks of no ranged weapon..?

Get weapons that are boosted by your magic stat, i suggest upgrading the kijii to moon or crescent(darkmoonstone, moonstone). Armour does'nt matter as long as you learn to roll\dodge. Adjudicator is easy enough. And the tower is riduclously easy if you know the easy way.

As for spells, buy them off frekes apprentice or free freke and yuria from 3-1 and 1-3 and trade in your demons souls for those spells. i suggest freeing freke and learning soul arrow.
    MR E wrote:
    See announcement at the top of the Games forum.

Yeah saw that but i get it for multipltform games not paltform specific games. not complaing or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

I have soul arrow as I'm using Royalty but when I go on youtube I see an awful lot of people use the knight types rtaher than the magic types.... considering a change back to Temple Knight.

Always get mixed up with ray and arrow, soul ray. Basically give freke the 3-1 bosses soul. People use knights mainly for a start and for PVP, also in those vids they've leveled up enough so they can roll properly with armour. Alot of people finish it as a knight or royal first time around. royal is good just keep your distance although they are pretty much crap in PVP as most people will carry the dark silver shiled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Always get mixed up with ray and arrow, soul ray. Basically give freke the 3-1 bosses soul. People use knights mainly for a start and for PVP, also in those vids they've leveled up enough so they can roll properly with armour. Alot of people finish it as a knight or royal first time around. royal is good just keep your distance although they are pretty much crap in PVP as most people will carry the dark silver shiled.

Indeed. I started as a Royal and it does make the start of the game easier, without a doubt. Unfortunately, when I started invading/being invaded, I quickly realised just how good melee was in PvP! I morphed to a much more balanced character immediately!

I started as a knight and didn't realize that i wasn't rolling at full speed. Took on the red eye knight and got slaughtered, took off my body armour and i hammered him. Will keep on pumping souls into endurance so i can roll properly in full armour.

Mix and match armour, leather leggings, plate armour, black gloves until your max equip is 50% or lower than your equipment. Good dodging makes armours redundant. don't pump everything into endurance, no point rolling and doing SFA damage. Bump it up every now and then.

Once you get to NG+ armour won't matter. Old kings and binded cross are best armours for male\female, fialry light and good resistance.

Can't seem to find any decent armour alternatives, the armourer guy in the nexus has SFA to offer and im having no look finding stuff from NPCs. But then again i have only beaten 1-1 :P Had alot of college work recently :'(

Only the 1 npc sells light armour and thats in world 4-1. You'll find the black leather set in world 3-1 plus other armour\gear.

PBWT Starts today until the end of the month for those on the US Servers.

I am farming the three BP Gold Skeletons in 4-2 Running back from 4-3.

Some decent souls to be had :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Bump, keeping it fresh ! Love this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Hey guys
    Quick question. I picked this up again last night after not playing it in about 4 or 5 months. I've finished one playthrough and cleared 1-1 so I've saved again in NG+. Current Soul Level is 105. I concentrated on magic the first time through so am kinda fragile in NG+. One thing though, how (or who do I talk to) can I get different spells memorised? I'm stuck with Warding, Firestorm, Poison Cloud and Acid CLoud I think. I want to get my Soul Arrow / Ray going again but cant remember who to talk to. I "semi accidentally" killed the guy in the nexus who lets you memorise miracles as I got annoyed, but I cant remember who to talk to about memorising the spells?
    Game is so much fun. :)

Freke disciple, should be in the opposite alcove to the miracles dude. Pretty sure you'll have to beat phalanx first before you get him. Freeing urbain again should make the miracles availible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Cheers An Capaillmor

Is Phalanx not 1-1?
    I thought I had killed him already, else how could I have saved after clearing it first time around?

Stupid questions I know, but cant remember at all as its been so long since I played.

Advertisement