Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

5 should be enough, i know its 7 to get from pure white to black. Be prepared, Miralda is f'in tough(i'd trouble with her at around soul level 60), take the other black phantoms on the game and multiply them by 5. Her drop is crap(good damage but takes a while to swing it) however you will be able to get Biorrs armour(it totals 50 in weight so make space beforehand).

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rossism

i really want the armour more than the axe. even if i dodge her attacks and get the armour ill be happy.

thanks for the warning ill go prepared:cool:

i must be very lucky:D.

miralda fell down and landed next to biorrs armour.didnt even have to swing my sword.

Poxy poxy poxy poxy git.

Don't forget the colourless demons soul on the lower rafter.

dont worry i got it.

its a pity after all my troubles im not strong enough to wear biourrs armour.:p

• Advertisement

anyone know any good places to farm souls?
    Im looking to boost up some of my stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

rossism wrote: »
    anyone know any good places to farm souls?
    Im looking to boost up some of my stats.

3.1 is pretty good. My fire magic is high enough now that I can take out the skeletons with one volley of it, they also give you a lot of souls. Also drop your brass telescope (you should of got it off Ostrava in 1.1) at the base of the crow tree then reload the level, you'll get the Fragrant ring which recharges your MP.

The gold skeleton, the 3 red eye'd skeletons, the flying stingrays and then all the normal skeletons all add up to a lot of souls to collect and you can kill them all with fire magic pretty easily.

EDIT: Question, the gecko in 1.2 no longer seems to be appearing :( is this a glitch or something? How do I get it to appear?

L31mr0d wrote: »
    3.1 is pretty good. My fire magic is high enough now that I can take out the skeletons with one volley of it, they also give you a lot of souls. Also drop your brass telescope (you should of got it off Ostrava in 1.1) at the base of the crow tree then reload the level, you'll get the Fragrant ring which recharges your MP.

The gold skeleton, the 3 red eye'd skeletons, the flying stingrays and then all the normal skeletons all add up to a lot of souls to collect and you can kill them all with fire magic pretty easily.

thanks ill give it a try now. If there weak against fire my dragon long sword should come in handy.

has anyone invited blue phantoms into their game yet? It kinda ruined it for me. I invited some guy in for the boss on 3.1 and he had some weapon that just instantly killed everything with one hit. I basically just tailed him until we got to the demon and he took about 80% of it's health off. I shot one or two volleys of fire magic at it's head and he was done.

I don't think I'll be inviting others into my game now unless I really need them. I like a bit of a challenge and having other, really high level players in my game made it feel too easy.

ye ive invited a few but only when im really stuck and getting frustrated.Although if my friends had the game id probably have them in my game all the time.

• Advertisement

Anyone up for some co-op?

and does anyone know if you need a certain amount of magic to use certain swords?
    when i try to use both makoto the magical sword and meat cleaver it says that im not skilled enough to use it fully but i can still use both like any other sword.

Anyone up for some co-op?

and does anyone know if you need a certain amount of magic to use certain swords?
    when i try to use both makoto the magical sword and meat cleaver it says that im not skilled enough to use it fully but i can still use both like any other sword.

Hit square on weapon select, it should showe you the reqs.

Finished it today, totally revamped my fighting style, less armour more bouncing around with a curved sword. I overkilled on leveling up which was handy as new game+ is tricky.

What annoys me about the co op is you place the stone but you join the others game. At one stage last night i joined a boss fight and i was'nt even making a dent on him.

BTW 3.1 is the tower, 4-1 is the skeletons. Once you get to 4-3, its the best for leveling, work your way back through 3-2 and you can get around 60K souls per run.

just out of curiousity. what soul level where you when you finished it?

just out of curiousity. what soul level where you when you finished it?

111, altho if i'd gone with my tactics that defeated the last dude, it would've been less, i got up to him around level 80, kept leveling up, getting my ass handed and so i'd level up again and so on and on.

A really quick way to farm, at least so far (haven't tried 3.2 yet) is at the beginning of 4.2

There is reaper down below that you can kill with about 4 or 5 flame arrows, killing him kills all the other spirits in the room and nets you about 4500 souls. I just run in, kill the guy closest with flame magic, then kill the guy below. I can usually get this done in 15 seconds. I then run back to the archstone exit and then enter again. In about a minute I can usually get around 13500 souls without any effort or risk. Did it for a bit to upgrade my strength so I could carry the flame shield.

A really quick way to farm, at least so far (haven't tried 3.2 yet) is at the beginning of 4.2

There is reaper down below that you can kill with about 4 or 5 flame arrows, killing him kills all the other spirits in the room and nets you about 4500 souls. I just run in, kill the guy closest with flame magic, then kill the guy below. I can usually get this done in 15 seconds. I then run back to the archstone exit and then enter again. In about a minute I can usually get around 13500 souls without any effort or risk. Did it for a bit to upgrade my strength so I could carry the flame shield.

With a decent upgraed bow and strength it'll 2 no problems. Also take out the winged thingy for a 1200, equip the ring of avarice and get 20% more souls. working backwards from 4-3 to 4-2 is where all the souls are. The 3 reavers expect attacks from elsewhere.

NEW game+ is proving to be tough, build up your defenses because most bosses are one hit kills, i've given up trying to kill the dual katana skeletons. Most attacks will break through your defense, even with the flame shiled+10 and fire res ring. everytime i blocked the spiders fireball it knocked around 60% of me.

Levelling up is a botch at the moment, 92K for my next one.

Also take out the winged thingy for a 1200

What's a good way to kill those flying mantas? I'm having a real hard time with the ones off the coast in 4.2. I have to constantly cast my hide spell which is irritating as it's draining my MP which I'm using to fire spell the skeletons.

Magic moves too slow and it's hit and miss aiming with a bow. Is there any homing magic that becomes available that would take them out?

What's a good way to kill those flying mantas? I'm having a real hard time with the ones off the coast in 4.2. I have to constantly cast my hide spell which is irritating as it's draining my MP which I'm using to fire spell the skeletons.

Magic moves too slow and it's hit and miss aiming with a bow. Is there any homing magic that becomes available that would take them out?

Equip thiefs ring and they cant see you.

What Ross said about the thiefs ring if you can't hit them.

if you want to kill em, i recommend a good bow and light arrows. Vicious compound bow or quality compund should do the trick. I recommend the vicious made from spiderstones. Best bow in the game. Stormruler is also quite handy for taking them out, just lock on and hit R1. If you've killed the 4-3 boss, you can start at the old hero's stone, go out and take out all the manta's there, then work your way back through 4-2 and there'll be no more mantas. On new game+ with the ring of avarice you get 40K souls in the space of a minute taking out all the manta's, i think i'll be on the UN's radar soon for the genocide of manta's.

And i'd like to add that fecking new patch, i lost white world tendency on worlds 1 and 4 after it patched. Still have it on stonefang but i've done all the white relatd events there, i only got makoto in 4-2, i never got a chance to fight satsuki in 4-1. Weird thing is i got makoto but its still showing up in 4-2 on the raised rock down in the pit.

i think i'll be on the UN's radar soon for the genocide of manta's.

Good. I still haven't forgiven them for Steve Irwin... never forget
    Weird thing is i got makoto but its still showing up in 4-2 on the raised rock down in the pit.

The game does seem glitchy in places. The vendor in 4.2, does he only sell a limited number of "white sticky stuff". I bought 2 of them off him, then when I went back he wasn't selling them any more. Apart from the turpentine in 1.2 I can't find weapon buffs anywhere.

Plus, is it me or is this game heavily weighted against melee players. I've pretty much given up on weapon upgrades and have been upgrading my bow and magic abilities only.

Another thing, have any of you had players invade your games? It's really starting to ruin it for me, as I spend so long without using a stone of ephemeral eyes, then when I do so I can stop using the cling ring, someone busts into my games and kills me outright with one hit from some unholy weapon. So I can't even revive myself now for fear of getting locked into the game to wait for some asshat to come along and kill me :mad: I also don't understand why it has to lock you in, I bought the evacuate spell specifically so I wouldn't have to fight people invading my game and now I find all ways of exiting the level get locked when someone invades.

• Advertisement

The game does seem glitchy in places. The vendor in 4.2, does he only sell a limited number of "white sticky stuff". I bought 2 of them off him, then when I went back he wasn't selling them any more. Apart from the turpentine in 1.2 I can't find weapon buffs anywhere.

Another thing, have any of you had players invade your games? It's really starting to ruin it for me, as I spend so long without using a stone of ephemeral eyes, then when I do so I can stop using the cling ring, someone busts into my games and kills me outright with one hit from some unholy weapon. So I can't even revive myself now for fear of getting locked into the game to wait for some asshat to come along and kill me :mad: I also don't understand why it has to lock you in, I bought the evacuate spell specifically so I wouldn't have to fight people invading my game and now I find all ways of exiting the level get locked when someone invades.

well for weapon buffs you can kill the slugs in 4-2. The drop sticky white stuff so its worth it.

for upgrading weapons its about what upgrade you use.i have a dragon longsword+4 and its taken through most of the boss fights(i have 3 left) but at the same time my sharp schimiter+3 is useless as it adds no real magical or fire damage.

for black phantoms urbain sells a spell called banish which sends tham back to their own world. Im not sure which soul you need but i think its the pureblood soul from 5-3. the way i deal with phantoms is to go on the offensive, just throw everything you have at them as it seems the have lower defense then most.

hope some of that helps:o

anyone know how to get past the blue dragon in 1-4 do i have to kill it or is there another way?

You don't have to kill it, but have to et past it everytime is a pain. Bring about 200 arrows, keep firing at him, have a good bow. Use heavy arrows from patches. Get him down to 50% and he'll fly off. You'll bump into him again standing over a huge archway. Get your equipment down to below 50% of the limit. Equip ring of fire resistance, use magic water veil, time his sweeps(he'll go from left to right then vice versa) and run like a mofo until you get to the door. Walk out of the door you'll be under her arch of fire(arch is too high to manually aim), look on and use your bow or magic to finih him off. She has a shed load of MP. You've killed all the other bosses? The boss boss is very close and you can't get to him unless you did the other ones? One neat trick is equip makoto or gripless to drain hp below 30%, unequip, equip the clever rats ring and you've got 50% on your attacks.

What level are you at because newgame+ is a serious step up.

Phantoms i never bother with yet, i suicide in the nexus once i get full life.

As for melee, 2 options moon winged spear with a heavy shield\armour, block and thrust, or farm darkmoon stones and build a cresent kijii or scimitr have light armour\shield(i recommend , roll and slash like a mofo. always have a bow ready for magic dudes and take them from a distance(in particular, fat ministers and those gits from Latria).

PS very handy tip, its possible to kill the 1st maneater through the fog with a bow and arrow, walk right up against the fog, do not enter, move to the right of the archway and fire to your hearts content.

You've killed all the other bosses? The boss boss is very close and you can't get to him unless you did the other ones? One neat trick is equip makoto or gripless to drain hp below 30%, unequip, equip the clever rats ring and you've got 50% on your attacks.

What level are you at because newgame+ is a serious step up.

yes ive killed all other bosses and im currently soul level 87 but ill continue levelling up till im abou 100 or so.

Whats your will level at? and did you use the yellow demons soul yet? Thirst(requires yellow demons soul and yuria) is very handy for leveling up, it add's 50% to the souls you've earned for 60 seconds. 4-3 and the flying manta's is the quickest place to get souls in 60 seconds. You'll get around 40K per run. equip ring of avarice as well. On newgame+, i'm getting around 60k per run.

Yeah phantoms are really starting to piss me off. I'm going to start killing myself as well in the nexus before starting a level that I haven't killed the demon in.

If you want to suffer some serious ganking, play 4.2. Without fail everytime I enter that level now alive a phantom breaks in and starts griefing :mad: it's a joke.

I guess they pick that level because a lot of people use it for farming, it also has loads of cliff face ledges and there is that trap that Hyena pushes you in to that has a NPC phantom also, so you'd be fighting 2 of them. It's a pain because I like being alive for the sound of my armour rattling when I run and roll, also it means I can stop using the cling ring and use my usual combo (avarice and fragrant)

Quick question, is there a male version of the silver bracelet you get in 3.1?

i spent the yellow soul on one-time revival as old hero was really frustrating.My willpowers 25.

and leimrod just play in offline mode.No black phantoms invading:cool:

leimrod just play in offline mode.No black phantoms invading:cool:

well yeah, I could, but I actually like reading the messages and watching how people died :pac:. It's saved me a few times from walking off a blind ledge.

Just don't revive yourself, i spend 98% of the time in soul form, then again i'm not much of a magic user.

• Advertisement

Prefer body form.Only because i can have more health, and equip a ring other than cling ring for once.

And on another note, can anything be bought from the blue dragons soul or should i consume it.

Advertisement