Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

rickyjb wrote: »
    @AnCapaillMor: You never mentioned you had to kill the two huge dragons in 1-1 to get the purple flame shield, is there a way to get it without killing them?

Yeah the crossbow is completely useless...

Time it right and its possible to get the shield without being roasted, should be on the nearest body, thief ring helps, lets you get closer before the dragon let goes. That being said i got roasted the first time but it was worth it. to be honest once you get into the play, you won't bother using it as its too heavy. Playing the game for the first time, the combo of the winged spear and flame shield is a godsend.

And what killi said is right, on PWWT the dragons dissapear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I whould just like to say sh!t sh!t shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit this game is so infuriating. Damn you Valley of defilement.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

weiland79 wrote: »
    I whould just like to say sh!t sh!t shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit this game is so infuriating. Damn you Valley of defilement.

Ah everyones favourite part of Demon's Souls. And by favourite I mean hated.

It's not even that i keep falling of the edge (even though i do)
    I keep forgetting to change back to my shield from my silver catalyst.
    Or not changing back to my health herb from something else. Just stupid sh!t that is causing me to scream out very loud at my TV when the same creature kills me because of the same mistakes.
    And then rushing back to my bloodstain even though i know i shouldn't.

VOD part 1 or part 2 because if its part 1, god help you.

• Advertisement

Jesus christ what do you mean by that? I'm on part 1 and now i'm scared:(

I'm just at the final bridge before i get to the boss. Any tips for the boss.
    I'm using the Knight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Use fire on both bosses, makes them very easy.

And yes VoD part 2 is even more infuriating.

Should i try and kill the bosses in body form or soul,or does it make a difference

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Finished VoD 1 and 2 this weekend, and yes, they suck. VoD 2 sepecially, though fire magic meant it wasnt in any way tough....just annoying.

I think the most annoyed i've been so far is with my Magician on 4-2. The Manta's on the cliffside are too far away for me to hit with my spells (unless i get really lucky, or time it perfectly), and they **** me up when fighting the skeletons. And those specter things that shoot a massive sideward moving beam that chop half my health off, only to come back from the dead when you kill them (unless you kill the Reaper). Must have died 20+ times.

I was so angry i was laughing last night, and i came pretty close to smashing my joypad.

Hey i killed him first try. Was at first going to try the firespray range attack,but i fell off the edge and landed right in front of him. Bit of black turpentine on the sword and it was all over in seconds.
    Sweet.

• Advertisement

So any suggestions on how i should continue. I've done the first part of each stone. Should i go back to 1/2 now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

rickyjb wrote: »
    @AnCapaillMor: You never mentioned you had to kill the two huge dragons in 1-1 to get the purple flame shield, is there a way to get it without killing them?

Yeah the crossbow is completely useless...
    If you have PWWT the dragons arent there but otherwise you can time it between the dragon's flames, get the shield, probably die! but still keep the shield :)

Second Chance, Water Veil, Ring of Flame resistance etc would help too

EDIT: Just seen this was answered above. BTW you can quit the game via the PS button just after you die and if you reload you should be back at your last auto-save. Handy for moments like the dragon bit

So any suggestions on how i should continue. I've done the first part of each stone. Should i go back to 1/2 now?

Most definately, do all the others, even finish most of the worlds of. 5-2 is such a pain in the ass.

As for 4-2 killi, thief ring make 4-2 so much easier in regards to the manta's, and a decent bow makes easy work of the reapers, except the last dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

So you've done 1-1, 2-1, 3-1 etc?...
    You might as well carry on with Stonefang Tunnel, but then again if you managed to do the rest of the opening levels before that, you clearly don't need to take any advice from me!:eek:

Stonefang tunnel is 2 right?
    I'm standing at the bridge in the Boletarian castle at the beginning of 1/2 there is a dragon flying over it spraying it with fire.
    Is this the right way?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Disco Damo

Depends on the kind of Char you have, where you go from there.
    1-2 is fairly handy. 4-2 and 5-2 boss' are fairly easy to get passed as well, but getting to them is insane. 2-2 as a level is not too bad, but the boss is fairly hard and 3-2 is just crazy hard.

I used a magic based Char so if you want any advice on anything I will help if I can, but if you have a different build, it might not be much use...

Kiith wrote: »
    Finished VoD 1 and 2 this weekend, and yes, they suck. VoD 2 sepecially, though fire magic meant it wasnt in any way tough....just annoying.

I think the most annoyed i've been so far is with my Magician on 4-2. The Manta's on the cliffside are too far away for me to hit with my spells (unless i get really lucky, or time it perfectly), and they **** me up when fighting the skeletons. And those specter things that shoot a massive sideward moving beam that chop half my health off, only to come back from the dead when you kill them (unless you kill the Reaper). Must have died 20+ times.

I was so angry i was laughing last night, and i came pretty close to smashing my joypad.

Have you equipped the Thief Ring from 1-1? It halves the sight range of enemies so most of the Manta's will ignore you.

I'm standing at the bridge in the Boletarian castle at the beginning of 1/2 there is a dragon flying over it spraying it with fire.
    Is this the right way?

Yep, another fun level when you start off at first, worth watching yahtzees review of demons souls for his description of the bridge and dragon bit.

To be honest i think you'd be better off finishing of a world at a time to get the PWWTs. Are you online when playing?, because if so everytime you log on it resets WT to the average of all online. so for example, you're at +6 WT(0 being Pure black, 7 being PWWT) and you exit the game and reconnect, the average could be +4 and you'll be reset to that.

BTW saw you're using the silver catalyst, don't its a waste, get the wooden catalyst, deals slightly more magic damage and for the mp +20% to work it has to be on hand the entire time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Is this the right way?

If you finished all the other ones I'd imagine 1-2 should be fairly easy for you, I got through relatively easily with a melee based character and the boss only took me 3 goes. Just learn to time your runs across the bridges.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Disco Damo

To be honest i think you'd be better off finishing of a world at a time to get the PWWTs.

I wouldnt use this tactic, personally, there are advantages to mixing it up.

For example:
    Getting the compound long bow and the cresent falchion+1 in 4-1, these are very good weapons to have, as you upgrade them they become some of the best weapons in the game.

For a magic build you want to release sage freke and yuria ASAP and get the better spells.

You will also want to get Patches for the heavy arrows, if you plan on using a bow.

Unlocking Biorr makes the 1-3 boss much easier.

• Advertisement

Yep, another fun level when you start off at first, worth watching yahtzees review of demons souls for his description of the bridge and dragon bit.

To be honest i think you'd be better off finishing of a world at a time to get the PWWTs. Are you online when playing?, because if so everytime you log on it resets WT to the average of all online. so for example, you're at +6 WT(0 being Pure black, 7 being PWWT) and you exit the game and reconnect, the average could be +4 and you'll be reset to that.

BTW saw you're using the silver catalyst, don't its a waste, get the wooden catalyst, deals slightly more magic damage and for the mp +20% to work it has to be on hand the entire time.

Actually made it across the bridge no probs and have taken care of the boss in the castle so thats two bosses today. Feel like i'm flying along now.
    I had actually put the game down for a couple of months as it was wrecking my head. It doesnt seem as bad now.

I keep getting kicked from the server after about an hour of play so i played off line all afternoon.
    Does anyone know why i'm getting kicked. I'm playing the Korean version.

Thanks for the heads up on the catalyst i'll give it a go now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Kiith wrote: »

I've read a lot of hate for that level but I had a great time, think people get trapped trying the same methods over and over again and end up pissing themselves off.

Don't get me wrong I've got the **** kicked out of me a few times, as it is with demon souls . But you can kick a lot of ass yourself too.

Havnt played in a while, so my naming might be off, but I think its soul arrow or one of those blue spells , the one that if you fire it , it goes through enemies and hits the enemies behind them. I found that a handy spell for those flying mantas because of its speed. Compared to the flame spell its much easier to hit them.

Use the thief ring obviously as retro said.

Don't fear the reapers :p

Sprint right up to the ****ers and kill them , use a pattern of attack that you know will kill them before they have a chance to strike you. I try to avoid the spectres and go right for the reapers.

Yes those spectres with the beams are pricks. I never really got a solid method of beating them with out taking damage.

But I did find, as silly as this was, that sprinting right up to them and rolling into them at their feet as the beam goes overhead. Then kill it after its finished firing the beam. A lot of the time the beam misses while your rolling at his feet, so yeah something to try even if it looks retarded. (I'm talking about rolling right into him at his legs for the entire duration of his beam)

Spears hurt them pretty badly.

There is one part where theres a narrow corridor , with a beam firing spectre at the end of it, but hidden out of view, right beside him is I think the 3rd reaper you encounter. Its a hard one. I had to use hit and run tactics with magic to wear the beam firing spectre down before taking on the reaper. Watch out for the normal melee spectre though who'll spawn behind you since this method takes a minute.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I cleared 4-2 last night, with my Tower Knight. The Manta's were no problem with the Compound Long Bow, and i could hit them much easier then with Soul Ray with my Mage. The Cresent Falchion +1 makes short work of all the Skeletons as well. Boss was easy too, once i figured out his attack pattern (which was just swipe, swipe, swipe). Going to try 4-3 and 2-3 tonight, as i want to kill an Archdemon.

I think it's fair to say that while magic can make the early game much easier, melee is much more enjoyable. I hope they can make the magic more enjoyable in the sequel.

2 of the easiest archdemon fights there. 2-3 isn't even a fight, can be tricky at first though. upgrade the compund low bow with spiderstones from world 2 and the 4-3 boss is a doddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I really have to get back to this, havent played it in a month or more, and all i was doing for days was soul farming the red eye knight on 1-1 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

How/when do you get magic?Just finished killing the phalanx and got as far as the armour spider before getting me ass handed to me!!

Also got my body back after killing the phalanx.Went back to the nexus and leveled up some stats and then fell to my poxy death.Didnt put on the cling ring either!!FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

/rant

Well cling ring doesn't matter in body form so don't worry. At least you didn't fall outisde the nexus, you won't affect world tendency.

As for magic, there should be an alcove in the nexus just after the main stairs on right(facing the stairs), there's a guy there who sell spells, you'll need a wand and i think a min of 10 mp to be able to use a spell. Oh yeah and there'll be 3 others dudes you'll find in later levels that will trade you spells for souls of the bosses you beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Whats the best way to kill those fire lizards on 2-1? Damned thing beat the hell out of me every time, i'm a knight btw.

Whats the best way to kill those fire lizards on 2-1? Damned thing beat the hell out of me every time, i'm a knight btw.

I used the crossbow,best to keep them far away.

• Advertisement

Any sort of spear, they're annoying because they're low down and swords swipes are hit and miss with them. Get a bow or crossbow to knock them off the walls first.

Advertisement