Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Lads I picked this and dark souls up for a tenner second hand. I'm going to start demon's souls next week. I really want to get into these games but I heard that a lot of people quit due to the difficulty. What can I do to make sure I don't quit early?

I found Demon's Souls to be much harder than Dark Souls tbh.

I think you should start with Dark Souls, it's an all around better game and probably easier to get to grips with the mechanics of the games.

A lot of Souls is Trial and Error, Death is a good thing, that's why they made it into a central mechanic of the series.

Using something like this wiki to give you direction is probably a good idea. Don't go into the ins and outs of each area, just knowing where to go next. Sort of.

Meh, you'll figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Actually yeah, the best idea is probably to start with Dark Souls, it's a better game and it is not a direct continuation from Demon Souls so you won't be losing out story wise. If you like Dark Souls then go back to Demon Souls I'd say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i played demons souls first , but gave up after a while. got dark souls after it came out and put 500+ hours into it. fantastic game. there is still plenty of activity on line on the ps3 version anyway. only problem with playing in human form (you will find out early) is invaders. you will be the sort of pray they are looking for :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

2smiggy wrote: »
    i played demons souls first , but gave up after a while. got dark souls after it came out and put 500+ hours into it. fantastic game. there is still plenty of activity on line on the ps3 version anyway. only problem with playing in human form (you will find out early) is invaders. you will be the sort of pray they are looking for :pac:

Tbh I found the whole PvP sh1te.Always played demon souls/dark souls offline.If i wanted to get trolled I'd play CoD for that.

Tbh I found the whole PvP sh1te.Always played demon souls/dark souls offline.If i wanted to get trolled I'd play CoD for that.

Have you played DkS 2? The PvP is very good, I found it much better than the first games.

Plus the fact I can actually compete in DkS2 but that's irrelevant :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

Have you played DkS 2? The PvP is very good, I found it much better than the first games.

Plus the fact I can actually compete in DkS2 but that's irrelevant :p

Yeah played them all and just bought a ps4 so i can give bloodthorne a go.

Played all the souls games off line.Jus twasnt my cup of tae.Although my son said he'd only go human for the boss fights so he could summon help.Good point which I ignored :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭m_hunter

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Lads I picked this and dark souls up for a tenner second hand. I'm going to start demon's souls next week. I really want to get into these games but I heard that a lot of people quit due to the difficulty. What can I do to make sure I don't quit early?

If you can get a person to help you with boss, then it will help, and the person will lead you also :)

The other thing will be reading wiki... if you are ok with spoilers.

My suggestion is just give it a try, and see if you are ok, if not then put the disk a away for a while, and pick it up later.

For me, I heard DeS first, but keep get people told me the game is very hard, and at that time, my law is I'm playing game, not game playing me... so I didn't pick it up. Later, DeS is gave free for PS+, I got hooked for it... Then I played DaS also... and DaS2, now I've pre-ordered BB.

I have to say, DeS is the best, DaS come the second, and they are miles ahead of DaS2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

I was playing demons souls last night - just started a new guy and thought lets go to 5.1 to get some faint-stone to turn my halberd +6 into a blessed halberd. I worked my way through the level, grabbed all the shineys and made it to the boss, not the most difficult boss by far, and promptly fell of a ledge to my death! I was feeling quite proud of myself up until that point.

I'm about level 20 and happy to help anyone that's struggling... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭m_hunter

daUbiq wrote: »
    I was playing demons souls last night - just started a new guy and thought lets go to 5.1 to get some faint-stone to turn my halberd +6 into a blessed halberd. I worked my way through the level, grabbed all the shineys and made it to the boss, not the most difficult boss by far, and promptly fell of a ledge to my death! I was feeling quite proud of myself up until that point.

I'm about level 20 and happy to help anyone that's struggling... :)

Most people playing DeS are around lvl 75. Happy Hunting!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

m_hunter wrote: »
    Most people playing DeS are around lvl 75. Happy Hunting!!!:D

I helped two noobs kill the armored spider recently - they were low level. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I never finished demons souls, never will since my ps3 is gone, kinda regret that but dark souls was way more accessible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Demon's Souls was amazing, man. You're missing out on the best of the Souls series I'd say.

I'm keeping my PS3 around for things like just being able to boot up this game. It's almost surreal going back to it, seeing the genius of the locations, the subtle, eerie noises like the breathing sound early on. Nothing quite like it, really. And the online is still running last time I played... and still free :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Just started this after finishing all the other souls games. First boss was grand, looking fwd to a new challenge!

sweetie wrote: »
    Just started this after finishing all the other souls games. First boss was grand, looking fwd to a new challenge!

You are totally hooked. Let me know if you're looking for a Co-Op partner, think I've a few files at varying levels. I hope.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

i must get my ps3 back from the friend i lent it to, never actually finished demon souls.

You are totally hooked. Let me know if you're looking for a Co-Op partner, think I've a few files at varying levels. I hope.

Yeah, what's the point in playing anything else! Thanks man, I might take you up on that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Once I have Bloodborne in my rear view I've have great intentions to go back and play the rest, including Demon's Souls
    I have owned it since before the Pal release, importing the Asian release, but found the game very confusing and esoteric at the time, hell it still is!
    But I am going to start again and see how I get on, then try to finish Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 again, hopefully in time for Dark Souls 3!

Aggh, one soul arrow from one-shotting the flamelurker and I run out of MP. Go to use a spice and he gets me.

Nearly done now. Finished all levels bar false king allant. Just lost a soul level too. Gonna level up faith and equip second chance. Only saw one summon sign throughout the game at the maneaters. Great game but behind DS1, DS2 and Bloodborne for me.

King allant dead!! Delighted. Took two soul levels and two second chance miracles and a ton of arrows.

• Advertisement

I scummed the bastard with arrows too :pac:

Thats all four souls games done. What do I do now? I guess I could try artoria of the abyss whilst waiting for bloodborne dlc!

AotA is the best part of Dark Souls!

You could try different playstyles surely? Or even the fabled SL1 run?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The DLC of both DS games is pretty much essential and probably better than the base games. Definitely don't miss out on them.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The DLC of both DS games is pretty much essential and probably better than the base games. Definitely don't miss out on them.

yeah, I have AotA on PC version and I really enjoyed the DLC on DS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

I'm only recently after getting this game and my god its hard!

I've got it at home if you want to co-op at any time, I've a fairly new save. PM your PSN name if you want (I don't know mine)

*Edit* Don't tell me the servers are gone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Funnily enough I've never played the DLC of either of them. Was considering the PS4 version of 2. Is it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    I'm only recently after getting this game and my god its hard!
    Top tip for beginners, never go human always be a hollow. If you ever find yourself with your humanity restored go to the hub and kill yourself. Slight mechanic
    when you die as a full human the enemies in that area get stronger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Decided to do another run, started as royalty, killed vanguard in the tutorial. Did the run of boletaira castle and killed phalanx. Used soul arrow and the red dragon fell. Just finished with the tower knight and am approaching SL 26. Really forgot how much I love this game!

Advertisement