Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ocean Irish Tour

• 06-05-2009 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

Just wondering if there are any fans of the Ocean here. I missed them at Pukkelpop last summer sickeningly BUT I just found out they're doing four dates in Ireland this coming november!

Very excited. Any other fans out there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Hells ****ing yeah !!!

I can't wait to ****ing see them !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Just wondering if there are any fans of the Ocean here. I missed them at Pukkelpop last summer sickeningly BUT I just found out they're doing four dates in Ireland this coming november!

Very excited. Any other fans out there?
    I have to say I've never heard of them. Is this them? If not, do you have any links where we can listen to their stuff?

Yeah thats them,

This is one of my favourite songs by them

Their website is worth going to for the intro video, take a look at it

www.theoceancollective.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

Yeah you got the site there :) Should have posted it up really. I just can't believe I'm going to see them for a tenner!

http://www.myspace.com/theoceancollective

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

They sound pretty good. Hopefully the fact that they are looking for a new singer won't affect their touring plans too much.

• Advertisement

malice_ wrote: »
    They sound pretty good. Hopefully the fact that they are looking for a new singer won't affect their touring plans too much.

Well they have a constantly rotating touring band anyway, so that won't really be a problem at all, they've been operating like that for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Good stuff. I missed them when they opened for opeth last year so I'll more than likely try to see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭mc nuggets

I actually forgot about them opening for Cynic/Opeth. I remember them being pretty good and for a tenner you really can't go wrong, where're they playing when they come, i cant find it on myspace?

No idea atm, the only info that is out there atm is as follows

Waterford - 26th November - Electric Avenue -Support - Five Will Die + Orpheus + Ghost of Medina
    Cork - 27th November
    Dublin - 28th November
    Belfast - 29th November

I can't wait for the Waterford gig, all class bands playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

They guy organising it is hoping to have them play An Cruiscin Lan in Cork and Fibber's in Dublin for those nights for more than likely the same price. So I get to see them twice.

I wasn't able to make it to Opeth either actually which was a shame but I heard it was all savage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Zerroth

Good stuff. I missed them when they opened for opeth last year so I'll more than likely try to see them.

Same with me! Was too busy getting drunk at the bar! Will definitely see them this time though! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Zerroth wrote: »
    Same with me! Was too busy getting drunk at the bar! Will definitely see them this time though! :D

Hehe, sounds good, at least you got a ticket :D

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Undertow

Wicked, wicked band. Seen them at last years Hellfest for the first time and they blew me away. Both vocalists climbing amps and giving it socks. Check out they're album 'Aeolian'- esp the song 'The City In The Sea'. Any fans of Mastodon and Cult Of Luna will dig em... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

We just found out that we ((Red Enemy) have one of the support slots for these lads in Fibbers on the 28th November.

Class band, looking forward to it.

We just found out that we ((Red Enemy) have one of the support slots for these lads in Fibbers on the 28th November.

Class band, looking forward to it.

Grats lads !

This info is a bit old at this stage, but I'll give you what I got.

The Ocean - Friday, 27th November - An Cruscin Lan, Cork
    Support - Five Will Die + Ghost of Medina + More TBC
    Adm €10 - Doors TBC

The Ocean - Saturday, 28th November - Fibber Magees, Dublin
    Support - Five Will Die + Drainland+ More TBC
    Adm €10 - Doors TBC

The Ocean - Sunday, 29th November - Cuba* Live, Galway
    Support - Five Will Die + More TBC
    Adm TBC - Doors TBC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

Cheers mate, that's excellent.

Five Will Die and Drainland! YES!