Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Area to Live in Melbourne

Options
  • 06-05-2009 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I'm looking for opinions on where to look for somewhere to live in Melbourne and also a rough estimate on how much a room should cost to rent.

I want to get a room in a shared flat / house in a lively area close to a train station (I don’t drive) but not have to pay an arm and a leg for it.

Any suggestions on where I should try and get a place, or where I should avoid?

P.S. anyone looking for a flatmate give me a shout!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GalwayGunner

St Kilda is a good place to live. A few Irish around but not Bondi Beach proportions. If you live on the east side there's a train into train nearby but anywhere else in StK there are at least 3 - 4 tram lines all leading into the city.

Acland St & Fitzroy St are the heart of StK and they are really cool nice spots to live - and you're near the beach.

If you want to get a room to yourself you'll be looking at around $200+ per week but if you're willing to share and sleep on mattresses on the ground you can pick up a handy backpacker place on gumtree.com.au for cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

Richmond, South Yarra, Prahran and Windsor are decent areas as well, though not that many backpackers as in St Kilda.

A friend of mine lived up near Brunswick Street in Fitzroy, he said that it was a decent place to live and quite cheap as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

This question has been asked so many times now. Do a search and you will get alot more answers.

Advertisement