Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whtas The Best Les Paul Gibson Are Making At The Moment! Have Your Say

Options
  • 06-05-2009 4:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Whats The Best Les Paul Gibson Are Making At The Moment! Have Your Say.

For me its gotta be the R8. I have owned/own R6, R7'S, R0'S and recently bought an R8 I had been on the look out for an R9 after selling an R0 and went into the shop and tried both of these out and the R8 is every bit as good as the R9. You are paying 2k extra for some flamed maple and lighter weight mahogony on the 9 thats really the only differece I could see for 2k!! What a rip off and now thomann have em for €2666 considering the new 08 standard in HCS is €2299 its a bargain for this custom shop guitar. If you are considering buying a Les Paul I would go with the R8.

Te Best Les Paul Gibson Are Making 8 votes

Standard
    0% 0 votes
    Trand
    37% 3 votes
    Custom
    12% 1 vote
    Axcess
    12% 1 vote
    R7
    0% 0 votes
    R8
    0% 0 votes
    R9
    12% 1 vote
    R0
    0% 0 votes
    R7 Custom 3pu
    0% 0 votes
    R7 Custom
    0% 0 votes
    Studio
    0% 0 votes
    Dark Fire
    0% 0 votes
    Supreme
    12% 1 vote
    JR
    0% 0 votes
    BFG
    12% 1 vote
    Robot
    0% 0 votes
    Other
    0% 0 votes
    None They Are All Crap And This Poll Is a Waste of Time
    0% 0 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Waste of time ;)

Your going to find it hard to get people who have tried all these Gibsons. I have only tried the Studio which was muck in every possible way, and the Standard (Faded) which, although did sound great, was muck in every other possible way. I'd like an SG!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Want a Gibson? buy used. Seriously.

I know it's not nice but let someone else take the hit on the price and pick up a nice guitar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Les Paul Junior.

fish-head wrote: »
    Les Paul Junior.

I agree. :cool:

juniorfulloutside-2.jpg

Any excuse to post my Junior. It's an 80's one, they pop up a bit on ebay and the various japanese sites every now and then at a reasonable price.
    The finish is MUCH nicer than the newer ones I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Duff_Man

the standard is the only one i really like...never tried and of the r models though ill have to look into them! but as far as the customs and supremes go i think there more for eye candy than actual playing...just my opinion of course!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Dord if you keep showing us that I'm going to have to come over there and thief it.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ArthurGuinness

Nice Jr. Agree with buying used Gibsons but its hards to find any vos or ri for sale secondhand at a good price.

fish-head wrote: »
    Dord if you keep showing us that I'm going to have to come over there and thief it.

:D

Any excuse to trott it out and make ye all jealous! :p :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Paolo_M

Dord wrote: »
    I agree. :cool:

juniorfulloutside-2.jpg

Any excuse to post my Junior. It's an 80's one, they pop up a bit on ebay and the various japanese sites every now and then at a reasonable price.
    The finish is MUCH nicer than the newer ones I think.

You're in bad need of a bit of polyfiller or braces and re plastering for that wall!! :pac:

Oh, and nice guitar. Has it been introduced to the Harmony yet?

Paolo_M wrote: »
    You're in bad need of a bit of polyfiller or braces and re plastering for that wall!! :pac:

Oh, and nice guitar. Has it been introduced to the Harmony yet?

Haha tell me about it. Ah well, as the saying goes... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". :pac:

Yes, yes it has. I managed to get a free gaff last night and let 'er rip. I maxed out the amp and ran a clean boost into it (+25db). It sounded really nice, and got very very loud.

I'm currently trying to get a hold of a mic to record it. Proving a little difficult to find the one I want, and everyone keeps recommending I get an SM57. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement