Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Graveyard?

• 06-05-2009 4:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the old graveyard out near Dan Morrisseys in Bennekerry/Powerstown/Tinryland? Anyone know the one I'm talking about? There's an old abandoned one out near the back of Dan's site, and it doesn't really seem to be anywhere in particular. Had a nasty experience while out walking the other day so I'm curious as to its history..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 gooner-84

theres some connection with walt disney as far as i know?i just know it as the walt disney grave....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

gooner-84 wrote: »
    theres some connection with walt disney as far as i know?i just know it as the walt disney grave....

Really?

Any chance you can get some more information on that.. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Cuchulain

Yes Walt Disney's ancestors are buried there.

It was very very overgrown years ago and they cleaned it all up.

However recently it has become overgrown again and is pretty messy.

You can still make out 2 or 3 headstones clearly with the Disney surname.

http://nolanfamilies.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=15

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

There was some kind of animation scholarship in the Disney name in the RTC that was, a while back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

i really though ye were joking about disney thing till i saw the regional mentioned.

Must look more into this

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

ottostreet wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the old graveyard out near Dan Morrisseys in Bennekerry/Powerstown/Tinryland? Anyone know the one I'm talking about? There's an old abandoned one out near the back of Dan's site, and it doesn't really seem to be anywhere in particular. Had a nasty experience while out walking the other day so I'm curious as to its history..

Do tell!!!!!

Do tell!!!!!

You really don't want to know..(I was there too btw, for at least one of the incidents)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

SV wrote: »
    You really don't want to know..(I was there too btw, for at least one of the incidents)

Ok, fair enough. Its just the way the OP put it, that they want to know the history of the place now!?!?. Was it some sort of ghostly thing? Sorry for nosiness, I just have an interest as a I witnessed something very spooky once:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

You cant say that and not tell us!!! :p Whats going on out at this place? Paranormal stuff or trouble of another kind?

Do tell......

:D

please

• Advertisement

Scariest experience of my life thus far.

I'll let ottostreet explain more if he wants to or wants me to..

oh and paranormal.

Scariest experience of my life thus far.

I'll let ottostreet explain more if he wants to or wants me to..

oh and paranormal.

Come on, one of ye tell us! and quick! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

c'monnnn

ah lads, the suspense is killing me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Should we all tell our scary stories?? Be cool to here what happened, tell tell tell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

I've been out there a few times..

Did ye head down into the memorial grave that has the cover pulled to one side??

Heard of some people having weird experiences when they go in there!!

I have a few time but never noticed anything..

they are teasing us now.

We want a freaky story. Now:-):-)

Hmm..good things come to those who wait :) :P

ill be in the graveyard at the length of time they are making up wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭purplefighter

Maybe we could have our next Carlow night there!! B.Y.O.B, ghost stories, campfire or should that be kept for Halloween?! They're having a larf or they'd have told us all already.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Maybe Mickey Mouse's great ancestor as come an taking em for telling stories!!:rolleyes:

Maybe we could have our next Carlow night there!! B.Y.O.B, ghost stories, campfire or should that be kept for Halloween?! They're having a larf or they'd have told us all already.:p

You can count me out of that one thanks! :p The only time I want to spent a night in a graveyard is when I'm 6' under the sod and by that point I wont really care! :D

Yeah, this story thing, c'mon guys, yer pulling our legs! Ye aint seen nothing!

(see if some reverse phycology....pchysology.....pyshcology......(never can spell that damn word) works! :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

im always suprised that people have a slight fear of graveyards,,,,lets face it no one died in one,,,so why would people think one is haunted,,,but thats just me ,,,i spend hours sitting a dark places on investigations,,lol

Ok, we visited it one of the nights there.
    Got out of the car anyway and were standing at the edge of the graveyard..3 of us there didn't feel too nice..

Anyway, we got back into the car and started driving back and came across a black cat in the middle of the road staring us down, not too weird you might think, despite the fact there's no houses around

One of us then seen what appeared to be someone standing at the side of the road..

that was bad enough, until we got back into town and noticed on hand prints and marks all over the cars windows, on THE OUTSIDE (bearing in mind, the car had just been valeted, there was definitely no hand prints on it before) and none of the hand prints matched up with ours.

so yeah..
    reading back it doesn't seem that bad but..yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

One of us then seen what appeared to be someone standing at the side of the road..

that was bad enough, until we got back into town and noticed on hand prints and marks all over the cars windows, on THE OUTSIDE (bearing in mind, the car had just been valeted, there was definitely no hand prints on it before) and none of the hand prints matched up with ours.

Tbh that does seem wierd alright, I'd be a bit of a bitch though when it comes to things like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭purplefighter

Sounds like an x-file case!! :p That is a little spooky alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Richie Kavannagh has a great aul song about the Disney Gravestone, as he does about most things in co Carlow!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's far more likely some of carlows finest were just trying to rob stuff from your car.

Advertisement