Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod / Itunes help please!!!

Options
  • 06-05-2009 7:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have subscribed to a podcast on itunes. These have always transferred automatically to my ipod when I connect it. However, over the last few weeks any time I connect my ipod these podcasts are deleted from my ipod, and I am unable to put them back on. I can still play them in itunes, but can't put them back onto my ipod.

I tried delete all my podcasts from my ipod, and dragging and dropping the files back into my ipod, but all the ones that were deleted (about two thirds of the total) still won't go back on.

Can anyone offer a reason why this might be happening, or a way to fix it? It is not a memory issue, still have about 10 gigs free.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

zootroid wrote: »
    Hi,

I have subscribed to a podcast on itunes. These have always transferred automatically to my ipod when I connect it. However, over the last few weeks any time I connect my ipod these podcasts are deleted from my ipod, and I am unable to put them back on. I can still play them in itunes, but can't put them back onto my ipod.

I tried delete all my podcasts from my ipod, and dragging and dropping the files back into my ipod, but all the ones that were deleted (about two thirds of the total) still won't go back on.

Can anyone offer a reason why this might be happening, or a way to fix it? It is not a memory issue, still have about 10 gigs free.

Thanks.

You probably have it set to only synch new episodes. If you want all the old episodes back on your ipod, simply mark them as new in iTunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭fattestman

TrueDub wrote: »
    You probably have it set to only synch new episodes. If you want all the old episodes back on your ipod, simply mark them as new in iTunes.

That would work. In the meantime,

go into podcasts
    - select settings
    - select the relevant podcast from the pull down menu
    - beside 'When new episodes are available:' select 'Download All'
    - beside 'Episode to keep' select 'All episodes'
    - Press OK
    - Hit refresh
    - Wait for any new downloads to finish
    - Sync iPod again

If they're not on there by then, you need to change the sync setting on your iPod (through iTunes) like TureDub has said to make sure it's selected to sync all podcasts when connected (or at least the relevant one).

Advertisement