Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap International Calls via Mobile Phone

• 06-05-2009 9:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi everyone and sorry if this has been done before

Due to economic constraints, I have had to move home. My OH lives in England and in my previous house I had an international package with Eircom on the landline.

My parents dont want me phoning England even though I have said that I will pay all future landline bills. They said I must use my mobile...!

My laptop is so crap that Skype keeps crashing and thats very frustrating so dont use it.

Is there any other options open to me for cheap UK calls from mobile (I also have an international add-on with Vodafone)

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

use http://www.voipstunt.com/en/index.html

its free for landline calls to the UK and best of all you can use use your parents phone for a 5c connection fee and talk up to one hour and 18.5c for mobile calls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I have just spotted the previous threads on Rebtel. Just signed up.

Does it work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

get an international call card and pay about 1c a minute to the uk, or download skype onto your mobile and use that (this is what i've done and it works perfectly)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 nk12

www.13434.ie
    i have found them very good as you can also use it to text for 1 cent to a uk mobile!

best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

nk12 wrote: »
    www.13434.ie
    i have found them very good as you can also use it to text for 1 cent to a uk mobile!

best of luck

Yes, i have used these and no faults. The whole post billing is nice. The texts have increased though, Uk texts are now 4cent and most others 3 cent. Using o2 webtexts is cheaper as they allow free international texts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Davy wrote: »
    Yes, i have used these and no faults. The whole post billing is nice. The texts have increased though, Uk texts are now 4cent and most others 3 cent. Using o2 webtexts is cheaper as they allow free international texts.

Am I right in my understanding that texts can only be sent online via PC/laptop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Am I right in my understanding that texts can only be sent online via PC/laptop?

Yes. Calls can be landline and from a mobile

Advertisement