Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

seamstress/seamster?

• 06-05-2009 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Well Everyone,

I need a dress taking in, so looking for a seamstress or a seamster.

It's a designer dress so am looking for a really good one... Any recommendations?

Thanks a lot!! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I hear good things about that shop across the road from bank of Ireland Parnell street.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sfmonet

I would recommend Threads. Had them take my daughter's communion dress in and the work was exceptional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭depaor

I would not reccomend threads at all - absolutely riuned a pair of trousers of mine - and that would have been a very simple job!
    There is a lady called Patty out on Hennessys Road- she works from her house...
    Or I know there is a lady in Tramore - cant remember the name fully think it is Shacklo.... Anyone know? She is Elm Park I think.
    Anyway def dont go to Threads!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭miss deise

Cheers Everyone!

I went to Threads before with a pair of trousers... The work was fine, but this dress is really important to me, so wanted to see if there were any other recommendations...

Might try the lady on Hennessy's Road.

Thanks again ;)

Sorry now guys,

Would anyone be able to PM me the number of the lady on Hennessy's Road?

Can't find it in the golden pages or anywhere...

Thanks!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

miss deise wrote: »

I went to Threads before with a pair of trousers... The work was fine, but this dress is really important to me

I don't have any recommendations offhand just wanted to agree with you here - I brought in a brand new skirt for a relative, and we were not impressed at the end result TBH (and it was a simple change to the hemline involved, rather than taking it in or anything more complicated). I would have done a better job myself but stupidly thought I'd be careful, given the skirt was expensive, and bring it to a professional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

There is a lady at the end of presentation row at the cannon street end the shop was a former hairdressers she took in loads of stuff for me and very reasonable Marie is her first name cant think of her surname sorry but she opens tuesday-saturday 10-6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 jackdrel

dressmaker in ferrybank heard she is good , and can make up suits her name is sarah and she lives in ferry bank ,, can i leave her number on this site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

I hear good things about that shop across the road from bank of Ireland Parnell street.

i can second that,theyre very good.

jackdrel wrote: »
    dressmaker in ferrybank heard she is good , and can make up suits her name is sarah and she lives in ferry bank ,, can i leave her number on this site

I'm living in Ferrybank so that would actually suit me down to the ground, and if she does suits, then that sounds promising...

Don't think you can put her number up here, but you could send me a PM and I'd be most grateful...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 M.RaftisKennedy

I know a lady in Collins' Avenue and her work is perfect.

Email me and I will forward you her number.:)

Advertisement