Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Typewriter ribbon

Options
  • 06-05-2009 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭

heya,

anyone know where old style typewriter ribbon can be found in dublin? I have an old portable that I want to put new ribbon in.

ta much...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

There is a place in Kylmore industrial estate that sells old inks for printers ect,I'm sure they would have something to suit. The printer I had was ancient and they had ink in stock. It's facing the C&C factory,second right into the estate off Kylmore road coming from Ballyfermot.On the left.Sorry,don't know what it's called.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

There was a piece on the radio a while back about the closure of the last typewriter ribbon factory in the world but I'm sure there's lots of entrepreneurs in places like India recycling/reconditioning them.

(Our office still has a few. We bring them out and do a bit of 'click-clacking' for a laugh if there are important visitors around! :))

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

There's also a typewriter shop on Botanic Avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

thanks for your replies, I'll try Ballyfermot first.

t.

Advertisement