Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I just lost my little puppy

Options
  • 06-05-2009 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi,
    I don't know if this is the right area to be posting in...

My 1 year old yorkshire terrier Jack got hit by a car yesterday evening. The car just drove off and left him, he managed to make it back to the house where we found him. We took him to the vet straight away but there was nothing he could do. Poor little Jack was bleeding internally and he passed away at home with us and our other dog last night.
    I am just devastated, can't believe it. I know some people would think it is crazy to get so upset over a dog, but he was always there for me, waiting every evening, and I spent a lot of time with him. He was a sweetheart, very playful and affectionate and he meant the world to me.
    I just can't believe that someone could hit a dog and just drive off, it is just so cruel. Anyway i needed to vent, thank you for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I just lost my dog on Monday. We had to put her down after cancer had spread throughout her body. She was having a hard time breathing, and there was nothing else that we could do for her.

She has been my father's constant companion for the past five years after losing my mother. It's amazing how much they become a part of your family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

:(

I'm not sure why,but I always feel more sad when dogs die than when people die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Sorry about your poor dog OP :( But I think this should be moved to Animals and Pet issues before this turns in to a joke, you'll get more understanding and sympathy over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ilovetea

I'm very sorry to hear that. It's a horrible thing to happen, it's like losing a member of the family. Don't know what to do with myself at the moment, it's just so sad when it happens...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Indeed, people will post stuff that ya won't like. My advise is unsubscribe to the thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=240

Sorry to hear by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

OP,you should try the Animal and Pet Forum.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=240
    They will do their best to help.:)

I'm very shocked he didn't stop.

Dogs do a lot of damage to cars, he should have got your details and billed you for the repair costs.

Thanks for your understanding you clearly are not a dog owner or have much compassion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

Sorry to hear about your dog. Yeah, maybe not the best place to post though, trust me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭omyatari

anyone that owns a dog can imagine how sad it is,
    mine is still with my parents because she couldnt move with me.
    but i miss her all the time :(

im really sorry to hear about Jack.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,980 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'm very shocked he didn't stop.

Dogs do a lot of damage to cars, he should have got your details and billed you for the repair costs.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055552287

Its gonna cost me about €1200 to repair mine after hitting a dog last week.

Sorry to hear for your loss OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

ilovetea wrote: »
    Thanks for your understanding you clearly are not a dog owner or have much compassion.
    Seriously ilovetea, this is the wrong forum. Animal and Pets Forum will be better for you.
    Posters have given you the links just click on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

But I'm right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I have owned several dogs and several cats, all which I cared for dearly, but unless he escaped from where he was supposed to be, it appears you allowed the dog to roam free. My compassion in this case is limited to the poor dog. Not its owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

I'm really sorry for your loss :( You must be heartbroken. I'm sure your dog was lucky enough to lead a very happy life under your care.

Quazzie, I read your thread, am glad to hear you went and told the dog's owners. If someone had come to us and said they had hit Jack I would have no problem paying any damage to the car. But cars can be repaired and family pets cannot be replaced.
    I just think it is horrible just to drive off, and leave him there suffering. I have never hit a dog while driving but I can imagine it is a horrible feeling. I just don't understand how someone could drive away

Seriously though. Was it a free roaming dog, or did it escape from the backyard?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,980 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Quazzie, I read your thread, am glad to hear you went and told the dog's owners. If someone had come to us and said they had hit Jack I would have no problem paying any damage to the car. But cars can be repaired and family pets cannot be replaced.
    I just think it is horrible just to drive off, and leave him there suffering. I have never hit a dog while driving but I can imagine it is a horrible feeling. I just don't understand how someone could drive away
    I really couldn't. I was absolutely devestated after killing what essentially was a member of the family. In my case the dog was really old (14) and was deaf so thats why it was wondering on the road (just outside the gate mind), but I still feel guilty. I knocked at the door and a child answered, it only struck me later on that the dog was older than the child, so the child is only now for the first time living without probably one of its best friends. Nothing can replace that.

Its hard going OP, but take each day, one day at a time and eventually you will (hopefully) be able to face someday owning another dog and will feel equally as close.

No Jumpy, not at all. We live on a farm and it is next to impossible to secure everywhere. We have gates and fences and the farm is as secure as it can be, but he just managed to get out. we have another dog and generally they just wander around after who ever is in the yard or garden.

I would never let him roam free, always keep my eyes on him, as far as I'm concerned this is my worst nightmare when it comes to Jack. I found him when I got home from work yesterday

I didn't post the thread to have an arguement about who is in the right or wrong, I just feel horrible about the whole thing. I'm sure it was an accident, and was horrible for the driver, but I just feel it wouldn't have taken much for who ever hit him to tell us.

But aside from that I am just devestated to lose my puppy

Thanks Quazzie, really appreciate it, can't imagine how it must have felt to tell the family, but I know it meant a lot to them, rather than leave the dog for them to find. Thanks for the comment

Some people hate confrontation, and having to face telling the owner would feel worse than hitting the dog in the first place.
    Some people dont care.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

:( So sorry to hear that..how sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

I'm very sorry for your loss OP.... my heart goes out to you..

Advertisement