Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

astrofool wrote: »
    The dole will have to be cut, it sets a floor to what people are willing to work for, and also sets a floor to the cost of living in this country. If Ireland wants to start creating jobs, then we need to reduce our cost of living, cutting the dole is one part of this (along with reducing min wage, reducing energy prices etc.).

The dole is also run as a current account, so the years people have been paying PRSI for, is worth nothing these days, all the money was burned when they raised the dole to the level that they have.

The problem is you have to reduce the cost of living before the dole or people starve.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,699 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The cost of living is set by the level of the dole, it's no surprise that we have a high cost of living along with a high dole payment. Reduce one, and the other will fall.

The same thing happens in the rental market, with rent allowance setting a floor to what the market will fall to. Crappiest accommodation = rent allowance rate with the ladder going up from there.

For people to starve (and you're being dramatic here), you'd need to reduce the rate to 25% or less than the rate it is now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Daithinski

The cost of living is set by the level of the dole,

Eh? Says who? Do you have anything to back up this statement with?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

The cost of living is set by the level of the dole, it's no surprise that we have a high cost of living along with a high dole payment. Reduce one, and the other will fall.
    High dole payments, say that to a family in receipt of it and see what reply you get.

As for "reduce one and the other will fall", the dole may drop but the cost of living sure as hell won't drop and match it fairly. Just like when the cost of living was going up and up, the dole and other benefits didn't go up enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

hellboy99 wrote: »
    High dole payments, say that to a family in receipt of it and see what reply you get.

As for "reduce one and the other will fall", the dole may drop but the cost of living sure as hell won't drop and match it fairly. Just like when the cost of living was going up and up, the dole and other benefits didn't go up enough.

nonesense , the one thing worse for retailers than having to drop thier prices is not being able to sell at all , retailers will follow suit by reducing thier prices if both incomes or wellfare receipts fall , while the state takes several months to cop on to whats happening on the ground , the markets scent is much much sharper and knows it has to keep resonabley in line with purchasing power

your comment that benefits didnt go up enough doesnt even warrant a reply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,024 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

The cost of living IS falling. E;ectricity from BGES fell 11% two weeks ago! The cost of home heating oil etc has collapsed from 2007 prices (one third cheaper per tank at least!), Tesco just this week announced massive price cuts in its 11 border stores and states that as soon as logistically possible they will extend this pricing policy nationwide. Lidl and Aldi will reduce their prices to match Tesco..just wait, it'll be a bloodbath. Superquinn will fold IMO. Dunne may survive but will start sourcing direct from the UK and cut out the wholesalers in RoI (how Tesco are achieving their price cuts). Even mortgages and rent have reduced in cost significantly over the last 12 months. The cost of living IS falling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭eamonnm79

murphaph wrote: »
    The cost of living IS falling. E;ectricity from BGES fell 11% two weeks ago! The cost of home heating oil etc has collapsed from 2007 prices (one third cheaper per tank at least!), Tesco just this week announced massive price cuts in its 11 border stores and states that as soon as logistically possible they will extend this pricing policy nationwide. Lidl and Aldi will reduce their prices to match Tesco..just wait, it'll be a bloodbath. Superquinn will fold IMO. Dunne may survive but will start sourcing direct from the UK and cut out the wholesalers in RoI (how Tesco are achieving their price cuts). Even mortgages and rent have reduced in cost significantly over the last 12 months. The cost of living IS falling.

childrens allowance is coming down and I am sure the dole will follow. However this will not do anything for job creation, and only save us about a billion a year. The government just gave bank of Ireland and AIB7 billion (and rising) for 25% share when they could have bought the lot for 1.3 billion.
    5.7 looted from the coffers to prop up a failed banking sector while they reduce child welfare by 16 euro a month per child.
    Surely you cant square that circle in your conscience?

We need to create jobs, to do this, we need companies to set up here, either foreign companies, or entrepreneurs, the big problem companies are having is the high cost of the Irish worker compared to their compatriots around the globe, the high cost is a result of the high living costs.

If living costs can be brought down, then we can be competitive in the job market, and jobs will be created here. We already have utility costs, interest rates, grocery costs and rent costs come down, the dole and the min wage need to come down to match this. The dole sets a floor to what anyone can afford, if we lower this floor, we reduce the living costs here. Germany was able to do it (http://www.stefancollignon.de/PDF/FT_0109_Germanykeepsdancing.pdf), and we now must do it too to survive. We increased the dole far too much when credit was easy, and we had extra tax take from cars and houses, creating a wage spiral, that had a knock on effect on everything.

eamonnm79 wrote: »
    childrens allowance is coming down and I am sure the dole will follow. However this will not do anything for job creation, and only save us about a billion a year. The government just gave bank of Ireland and AIB7 billion (and rising) for 25% share when they could have bought the lot for 1.3 billion.
    5.7 looted from the coffers to prop up a failed banking sector while they reduce child welfare by 16 euro a month per child.
    Surely you cant square that circle in your conscience?
    Eh? Where did I even mention the banks? I think FF shafted the taxpayer with the bank bailout and I think we should have bought AIB and BoI outright and lumped all the toxic assets into Anglo, pressuring the developers to coug up and eventually winding Angl up when the last drop is squeezed from the last developer. It doesn't change the fact that the cost of living is falling, we are borrowing 54m a day and social welfare needs to be cut at least in line with deflation.

Eh? Where did I even mention the banks? I think FF shafted the taxpayer with the bank bailout and I think we should have bought AIB and BoI outright and lumped all the toxic assets into Anglo, pressuring the developers to coug up and eventually winding Angl up when the last drop is squeezed from the last developer. It doesn't change the fact that the cost of living is falling, we are borrowing 54m a day and social welfare needs to be cut at least in line with deflation.

I do find it funny that people are calling for Fianna Fáil to be put in charge of the banks. I think that would turn Bertie's missing bank account, the purchase and storage of never being used voting machines and creating a giant property bubble, into mere footnotes in the history of a failed Irish state.

• Advertisement

We need to create jobs, to do this, we need companies to set up here, either foreign companies, or entrepreneurs, the big problem companies are having is the high cost of the Irish worker compared to their compatriots around the globe, the high cost is a result of the high living costs.

Our living costs aren't that high compared to other nations. Our biggest problem is our crap infrastructure that some developing nations can top. As a supposedly developed economy we cannot allow this to continue. FF refused to invest in infrastructure sufficiently during the boom years and squandered EU funding. Now we are left with incredibly poor infrastructure, a monopoly on our communications infrastructure and then high costs for businesses.
    If living costs can be brought down, then we can be competitive in the job market, and jobs will be created here. We already have utility costs, interest rates, grocery costs and rent costs come down, the dole and the min wage need to come down to match this. The dole sets a floor to what anyone can afford, if we lower this floor, we reduce the living costs here. Germany was able to do it (http://www.stefancollignon.de/PDF/FT_0109_Germanykeepsdancing.pdf), and we now must do it too to survive. We increased the dole far too much when credit was easy, and we had extra tax take from cars and houses, creating a wage spiral, that had a knock on effect on everything.

I don't doubt that we need to decrease the dole too and this will happen but it should only do so at the same rate that the cost of living decreases otherwise as I said before people will starve.

The lack of infrastructure according to competitiveness surveys posted here by other users is our main disadvantage not wages. We are only average for wages compared to other countries according to surveys of how businesses (both nation and multi-national) view Ireland.

thebman wrote: »
    The lack of infrastructure according to competitiveness surveys posted here by other users is our main disadvantage not wages.
    It's wages, it really is wages. Our infrastructure isn't nearly as bad as it used to be (needs a lot of improvement still). Have you driven in Poland (where Dell are moving to) recently? They have a handful of nice new motorways and a medieval network everywhere else. Ireland is light years ahead-ask any Pole living there whose roads are better! We have 3 major issues wrt infrastructure IMO, energy generation, broadband, public transport.

I suppose China and India have really great infrastructure.

And that Japan, the country with one of the best infrastructures in the world, must have a booming job and stock market.

If it weren't for our low corporation tax rates, I doubt we'd have a job to share between us due to the high amounts we pay ourselves (and don't doubt that the dole is a wage).

Again, I see the word starve, how would people starve if the dole was reduced, I'd love to see your figures showing that €200 a week was not enough for someone to buy basic food with.

I suppose China and India have really great infrastructure.

Yes your right, we should wish we had the Chinese government, nobody starves in China.
    And that Japan, the country with one of the best infrastructures in the world, must have a booming job and stock market.

Japan is still suffering from the problems caused by its massive housing crash and a lot of their industries would be doing very well if global demand had not dropped.
    If it weren't for our low corporation tax rates, I doubt we'd have a job to share between us due to the high amounts we pay ourselves (and don't doubt that the dole is a wage).

Our low corporation tax offsets our location of being an isolated island off the coast of Britain which is an isolated island off the coast of mainland Europe. Part of our economic problems are caused by our over reliance on exports to a single country and we need to diversify our economy.

lol, the dole isn't a wage at all.
    Again, I see the word starve, how would people starve if the dole was reduced, I'd love to see your figures showing that €200 a week was not enough for someone to buy basic food with.

Its up to you to show that reducing it wouldn't make people starve TBH. I'd rather not reduce it and find out. And I have already said it has to come down but in line with the cost of living. Everything has to be examined to determine how much it can come down by without starving people.

I live on less than 200 euro a week so I know it is possible but I'm a single youngish man. I think if I was living on the dole, it could be reduced by 200 euro a month and I wouldn't have to adjust my living style. I think they are plenty of people with different responsibilities and so different costs of living to me that must also be considered though.

One thing that should happen is it should be reduced for people without sufficient PRSI payments to test the water once the appropriate amount has been decided on. This will give the long term unemployed more incentive to get a job, punish them for not having a job during the boom and show them that living on the dole isn't a stable income. If they can survive on reduced payments then you can reduce them for everyone else. Once that has occurred, people without the relevant payments should just be screwed and have theirs reduced further and have it tested and if they don't look like they are trying to get jobs, penalise them for it. This could be done with voluntary work placements with the government for things like street cleaning.

I also don't think the same payment should be given to people nationally as the cost of living isn't the same across the entire country so that has to be considered.

Indeed, and as I posted elsewhere, in Germany once you become "long term unemployed" (after about 18 months on a sliding scale from two thirds of your last salary downwards) you receive just €351 PER MONTH plus rent (in a reasonable flat, you must move if your flat is "too expensive"). In ireland you get €816 plus rent supplement. You can survive easily on 816 a month when all you really need to buy out of it is basic foodstuffs given the myriad of allowances you get once long term unemployed (heating, travel, medical card etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

A discussion took place on this thread about what the dole needs to be. If anyone has better figures with references that would be useful in an economics discussion.

Cost of living estimates for students which should be fairly independent as it is not from someone asking for more money or someone trying to pay less.

here puts cost of food at 70-100 per week

here
    costs medical 13 euro a month on average (but students are young). Also you get a medical card after a while on welfare.

here says heat and light say € 57 per month

So that is about 120 a week for food, light, heat and medical. Clothes I have not counted. Transport + phone I have not counted. Various charges for bins and tv licence etc I have not counted. Accommodation I have not counted.

Yes your right, we should wish we had the Chinese government, nobody starves in China.

Japan is still suffering from the problems caused by its massive housing crash and a lot of their industries would be doing very well if global demand had not dropped.

Without going too far into multi quote back and forths, your premise was that it was infrastructure we needed to attract jobs, this is patently not true, regardless of the Chinese government. Japan has been in deflation/recession for nearly 20 years, they haven't been doing "very well" for a long long time.
    Its up to you to show that reducing it wouldn't make people starve TBH. I'd rather not reduce it and find out. And I have already said it has to come down but in line with the cost of living. Everything has to be examined to determine how much it can come down by without starving people.

Do people starve in other countries in Europe where the dole is less (sometimes a lot less)? Is there a famine in the UK, where the dole is significantly less, where living costs are not significantly lower?

Your posts are all a bit too full of "think of the children" hysterics to be taken seriously.

If the dole was reduced by a reasonable figure (say 5-10% for now):
    People may not be able to go on holiday
    People may have to move house, or sell their home
    People may have to cancel Sky
    People may have to send their kids to a public rather than private school
    People may not be able to buy clothes as often
    People may have to drink less
    People may have to stop smoking
    People may have to give up their car and use public transport
    People may have to buy store brand food rather than name brand
    People would not starve

Indeed, and as I posted elsewhere, in Germany once you become "long term unemployed" (after about 18 months on a sliding scale from two thirds of your last salary downwards) you receive just €351 PER MONTH plus rent (in a reasonable flat, you must move if your flat is "too expensive"). In ireland you get €816 plus rent supplement. You can survive easily on 816 a month when all you really need to buy out of it is basic foodstuffs given the myriad of allowances you get once long term unemployed (heating, travel, medical card etc.).

Not everyone gets rent supplement in Ireland AFAIK and it doesn't pay the rent. I don't know how many of the other benefits you listed that most people would be entitled to either but I doubt everyone gets them TBH.

Without going too far into multi quote back and forths, your premise was that it was infrastructure we needed to attract jobs, this is patently not true, regardless of the Chinese government. Japan has been in deflation/recession for nearly 20 years, they haven't been doing "very well" for a long long time.

I'm saying our biggest problem is our infrastructure not that it is our only problem. I'm not that naive to believe there is one solution/quick fix to the problem.
    Do people starve in other countries in Europe where the dole is less (sometimes a lot less)? Is there a famine in the UK, where the dole is significantly less, where living costs are not significantly higher?

The cost of living is different in other countries. People in the UK are starting to have massive problems living on their dole payments to the point that they are talking about raising them. The cost of living is lower in the UK which is why Irish people have been going half way across the country to buy groceries there.
    Your posts are all a bit too full of "think of the children" hysterics to be taken seriously.

Pfft, that is the last kind of person I am TBH. I'm more a rational person that thinks things through. I don't have the figures to say the dole should be cut so I won't say it should be cut. I say it needs to be examined and reduced in line with the cost of living.

TBH you sound like you don't care if people live or die as long as it doesn't effect you. You want to have the dole cut to make you feel better that the government are sorting out the countries problems and don't care about the effect it will have on the people on the dole.

A very dangerous line of thought IMO which is the only reason I'm bothering to reply to this nonsense your posting.
    People would not starve

Lol so everyone on the dole is living the above lifestyle :pac: You clearly don't know what your talking about TBH. Your making massive assumptions to get to your conclusion yet you aggressively call for reductions.

Your dangerous TBH. I wouldn't let you make any decisions.

The end result if we don't cut social welfare costs will be a massive cut or abolishment of the dole, as the country is unable to borrow funds on the international markets. There has to be a concerted effort to drive down living costs and social welfare costs immediately if the country is to survive.

The list was an example of different lifestyles, and there would be at least one item that would apply to everyone on the dole in order to reduce their costs. It was not meant to be a checklist of the average person on the dole, sorry if it looked that way.

The UK dole level is less than 50% of what it is here, if they raise it, it will be of the order of a couple of %, and likely still be less than 50% of our dole.

Anyway, the point is that we need to reduce the cost of living here, the dole sets a floor to the minimum that people can afford, reduce this cost (in a humane manner) and you can reduce the cost of living and in turn foster job creation (getting people off the dole) as wage demands are reduced.

And you still haven't pointed out the starving masses due to lower dole payments in other countries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Daithinski

The UK dole level is less than 50% of what it is here, if they raise it, it will be of the order of a couple of %, and likely still be less than 50% of our dole.

For a start this is not the UK and you can't just cherry pick elements of a complicated system and then presume that that element will work in our system.

If dropping the payments to match those of the UK would work, do you not think it would have been done by now?

Also you are comparing the single person allowance.

A family of 4 in Ireland doesn't get 800 euro.

They get about 400. Which breaks down as is 165 each for the adults and about 30 for each child.

Or 100 each on average.

Its not so different from the UK.

When you factor in the much higher cost of living here the two payments are not poles apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Do people starve in other countries in Europe where the dole is less (sometimes a lot less)? Is there a famine in the UK, where the dole is significantly less, where living costs are not significantly lower?

People would not starve
    COuldnt agree with this more. The dole is meant as subsistance in between periods of employment, not as a lifestyle choice!! It should have been cut drastically in the last budget - 10-15% for instance, and another 10-15% in December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭ma.long25

How dare u say the dole is too high, i have a polish kid and wife to feed, if the dole was lowered by a significant amount, it would be terrible for me and my family as it would force us to go back to poland!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Lobster

ma.long25 wrote: »
    How dare u say the dole is too high, i have a polish kid and wife to feed, if the dole was lowered by a significant amount, it would be terrible for me and my family as it would force us to go back to poland!!

Seen your other thread earlier on a similar subject, just wondering about the kind of reaction you are looking for?

Lobster wrote: »
    Seen your other thread earlier on a similar subject, just wondering about the kind of reaction are you looking for?

I'd imagine this kind of reaction and he/she is probably all ready to get banned for it while shouting down anyone that points out why the post is nonsense which is why they have a shiny new account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

The end result if we don't cut social welfare costs will be a massive cut or abolishment of the dole, as the country is unable to borrow funds on the international markets. There has to be a concerted effort to drive down living costs and social welfare costs immediately if the country is to survive.

The list was an example of different lifestyles, and there would be at least one item that would apply to everyone on the dole in order to reduce their costs. It was not meant to be a checklist of the average person on the dole, sorry if it looked that way.

Anyway, the point is that we need to reduce the cost of living here, the dole sets a floor to the minimum that people can afford, reduce this cost (in a humane manner) and you can reduce the cost of living and in turn foster job creation (getting people off the dole) as wage demands are reduced.

And you still haven't pointed out the starving masses due to lower dole payments in other countries.

I'd love to see the numbers to support this argument because I do not believe that people in the UK are receiving 50% less than people in Ireland. . Plus, when you factor in the significantly lower cost of living (which you like to gloss over) I doubt there is any real difference at all..

We need a dole system that protects the most vulnerable and encourages people to go back to work but a blanket cut across the board would be ridiculous. . there is plenty of waste in the system that can be removed to save money without doing this. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

I'd love to see the numbers to support this argument because I do not believe that people in the UK are receiving 50% less than people in Ireland. . Plus, when you factor in the significantly lower cost of living (which you like to gloss over) I doubt there is any real difference at all..

We need a dole system that protects the most vulnerable and encourages people to go back to work but a blanket cut across the board would be ridiculous. . there is plenty of waste in the system that can be removed to save money without doing this. .

the dole here is almsot trebble that of the uk and no matter how much cheaper the cost of living is over there compared to here , it isnt a third

as for your point about the most vulnerable , that terms has been so liberally used this past year , its lost all meaning , it can be applied to anyone who is over 70 , no matter whether thier a retired road sweeper for dublin co council or a garda inspector , a high dole doesnt encourage people to go back to work , thats the problem , in times like this , a lot of the work available doesnt pay all that well so people decide to remain on an extremly generous dole

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Max Power1 wrote: »
    COuldnt agree with this more. The dole is meant as subsistance in between periods of employment, not as a lifestyle choice!! It should have been cut drastically in the last budget - 10-15% for instance, and another 10-15% in December.

i guess you have a job?????:rolleyes::rolleyes:

rememberwhat prsi stands for!!
    if you've worked,you're entitled to it.
    if your stamps run out,it should be PROPERLY means tested.

i know a guy works in state pensions....a very famous presenter on a certain fri. night show recently "qualified" for his pension....despite earning 500k a year,having a mansion and an excellent private pension.etc etc
    his wife was bangingdown the doorlooking for bus pass etc.
    THATS WRONG!:eek:

bertie gave ministers pay rise before he left(hush money??)

if a td's day job is covered by relief staff(as is the norm)
    and the relief staffdon't earn the wage allocated to that post..the td gets the remainder!!!!!
    eg. teacher becomes td, salary 40k
    relief staff gets 30k
    td gets remainder=10k..AFAIK
    on top of td salary expenses etc...

and people want to cut the dole....
    thats right gimme a kick in the balls while i'm wide open.

attitudes like yours disgust me..30% cut???:(
    130e a week dole...

you prob spend more than that on "wants" every week.
    people unemployed have "needs"
    and one of those is "need" for attitudeslike yours to kept to yourself.:mad::mad::mad:

thebullkf wrote: »
    i guess you have a job?????:rolleyes::rolleyes:

rememberwhat prsi stands for!!
    if you've worked,you're entitled to it.
    if your stamps run out,it should be PROPERLY means tested.

i know a guy works in state pensions....a very famous presenter on a certain fri. night show recently "qualified" for his pension....despite earning 500k a year,having a mansion and an excellent private pension.etc etc
    his wife was bangingdown the doorlooking for bus pass etc.
    THATS WRONG!:eek:

bertie gave ministers pay rise before he left(hush money??)

if a td's day job is covered by relief staff(as is the norm)
    and the relief staffdon't earn the wage allocated to that post..the td gets the remainder!!!!!
    eg. teacher becomes td, salary 40k
    relief staff gets 30k
    td gets remainder=10k..AFAIK
    on top of td salary expenses etc...

and people want to cut the dole....
    thats right gimme a kick in the balls while i'm wide open.

attitudes like yours disgust me..30% cut???:(
    130e a week dole...

you prob spend more than that on "wants" every week.
    people unemployed have "needs"
    and one of those is "need" for attitudeslike yours to kept to yourself.:mad::mad::mad:

The problem is that social welfare is taking up such a huge proportion of our finances, that we would have to cut all other service to nearly 0 in order to keep paying at our current levels.

While PRSI has the word insurance in it, it is not run that way, it is being run as a current account by the government, with nothing to show for the boom years, there is no insurance aspect to it, as the money is not there, the danger is that if it's kept at the level it is currently at, the country becomes unsustainable, and we are left facing a massive cut, and then we really would have people starving. The cuts need to be handled softly, but they do need to be made, and we should be aiming to get our costs below the EU average in all area's (wages, utilities, social welfare) in order to become competitive again.

Also, remember that the person on 500k has paid far more tax than most people in the country, 80% of our income tax take is from the top 20% of earners, 40% is coming from the top 5%, if the country becomes inhospitable to those people, they are the one group that can readily move, and leave everyone in the country up sh*t creek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭thebullkf

The problem is that social welfare is taking up such a huge proportion of our finances, that we would have to cut all other service to nearly 0 in order to keep paying at our current levels.

While PRSI has the word insurance in it, it is not run that way, it is being run as a current account by the government, with nothing to show for the boom years, there is no insurance aspect to it, as the money is not there, the danger is that if it's kept at the level it is currently at, the country becomes unsustainable, and we are left facing a massive cut, and then we really would have people starving. The cuts need to be handled softly, but they do need to be made, and we should be aiming to get our costs below the EU average in all area's (wages, utilities, social welfare) in order to become competitive again.

i agee to an extent - i was ranting a bit earlier:o:o
    i'm sick of people saying "cut the dole" it seems to be the stock answer.
    i'm recently unemployed, first time ever,14 yrs as a tax contributor.
    still havent received a washer due to backlog...why arent people employed to cut waiting times??
    why can peopleclaim for children in another country??
    i can go on and on and on..
    Also, remember that the person on 500k has paid far more tax than most people in the country,[/QUOTE

thats just horsesh1t!!!
    good friend of mine works in the revenue...top earners paythe least amount of tax!!!
    its offset against their exorbitant lifestyle.
    he'stold me a few stories that would make you fit to fycking burst..
    some of our "dignitaries" didnt pay ANY tax last year.....ANY.

real problem lies in our lack of competetiveness.
    our laziness-2 men doing the work of one
    our greed-in all facets-6e for a sandwich,4e for a coffee...please
    our corrupt government,pay rises,re zoning,abuse of gov coffers.

our lack of leadership-nobody gives solutions,fg,sf, content with mudslinging.

alienation of our people,lack of planning,eg 600 stronghosing estates without so much as a playground??
    ther were more houses built in the last ten yrs than existed in the country up till that point!!!

on
    and
    on
    and
    on..

very disheartening i must say.
    i worked all my life for what??
    over inflated prices
    underfunded schools,hospitals
    more crime
    less opportunity
    if i dont get a job by july i lose my house i (over) paid towards..
    is it any wonder people remain on the dole?
    health insurance for my family is 3000€
    house insurance is 500€
    car ins is 600
    car tax 600
    life ins 750
    mortgage is 9600€ p.a.(at the mo-was 4kp.a. dearer last year)

tv licence
    bin charges
    etc
    etc

thats without food, clothing,
    maintenance on house etc
    thats 15k a year minimum...
    mimimum wage is 18k a year..

i'd have been better off (almost) keeping me deposit,leaving me job
    getting council house and all the rest.

but i'm a worker always have been,always will,

thousands like me, we just have to suck it up:(