Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changes to procedures for bus licensing

• 06-05-2009 10:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭

The Department of Transport is making changes to its licensing procedures. The changes are around the way information is dealt with in the licencing system.

I am unwilling to give any more details on what is proposed, because the Department in my experience gets very upset about having apparently innocuous information about its operations disclosed. If you are interested in what they are doing and/or want to have an input, the best thing is to contact them directly.

These changes are fairly fundamental to the way the licensing works and will turn the system on its head.

Licensed operators have been consulted about this move. (As some of you know, I am such an operator.)

However, the public has not been consulted, and there is nothing about it on the website. It is unfortunate that the people who never get asked about public transport in Ireland are the people who have to actually use it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

I think you`ll agree Antoin that such "changes" have been a long time a-comin....:)

As a part of the "Other Side" in the PT business I believe that a very great degree of fundamental change IS required and that such change will benefit everybody in the equation.

However,I would share what I take is your sense of suspicion,at how the Agency of State is going about what is a mere single step in the process of change.

What is particularly exercising my mind is the alacrity with which the Govermental agencies are dropping all of the oul "Public Consultation Process" stuff that had become their mantra in the mid past.

This PCP lark was never of any REAL import anyway,but I would appreciate the State officially abandoning it as a procedure...a simple announcement would suffice as in..............

"From today,WE know whats best for YOU and will be operating with that fact in mind"

:eek:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I did not mean to give the impression that this is a major review of the bus licensing procedures. It is piecemeal rather than ground-up change and it is certainly not wholesale reform. However, it does make a big difference to how the whole thing works.

Advertisement