Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Birds nests causing problem.

• 06-05-2009 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Im hoping I can get a bit of advice regarding a problem im having with birds nests.

My neighbour to the left has a birds nest in their attic and my neighbour to the right has a birds nest in their bush.

Unfortunately my house and my brand spanking new 09 car is right in the middle.

Every single day when I go to get in my car to go to work I have at least 3-4 large bird craps on my car.

My garden is absolutely destroyed with it. You could not take 2 steps in the drive way without stepping on one.

I dont like the idea of removing the nests/eggs etc but this is becoming a real problem.

Also I cant leave my car out of the driveway because im afraid of someone either scratching it or stealing the wheels as I live in Tallafornia and there can be plenty of scumbags strolling down the street drunk on a Friday/Saturday night.

Any advice would be appreciated.

bigbadcon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

a little extra cost, but you could get a carcoon i think they are called. you put them over the car like a protective coat and it will stop the bird crap from hitting the car. i know it can be frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Bucket of sudsy water should do the trick 051.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I know it's a problem and we've all experienced it at some time or other but there's nothing much you can do over and above what has already been said. You cannot remove the nest or eggs as this is a criminal offence.
    It's just one of those things and won't actually last more than a couple of weeks more in the case of most species of birds currently nesting, as the young will fledge and a second clutch should be from a different nest.

Advertisement