Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who should lead the cork beers / outings?

Options
  • 06-05-2009 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭

Ok so after much discussion and much debate a decision must be made as to who should be the official leader of the cork beers and outings etc (oh and also because I am having a 'lack of poll creation withdrawal')...We all know this person should be Tirabaralla as she really wants the position even though she denies it, so this poll should reflect that.

Votes are private and you can only pick one person. Stops people taking the 'nice' option by voting for everyone :D

The most active members over the recent month will be in the poll and in no specific order (pick Tirabaralla she did an awesome job while I was on hols!!!) If you vote for yourself then that's just sad (kinda like this poll but shhhhhhhhh).

Who should lead us into the new drinking era? 35 votes

Tirabaralla
    0% 0 votes
    Miss_Shadow
    34% 12 votes
    webmonkey
    2% 1 vote
    magicianz
    2% 1 vote
    kingtut
    2% 1 vote
    Vinta81
    31% 11 votes
    Charco
    2% 1 vote
    mik_da_man
    0% 0 votes
    Towel401
    2% 1 vote
    Princess_Lou
    5% 2 votes
    illkillya
    8% 3 votes
    CommieBaz
    5% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

Just one question, leader Tut, how will this be enforced??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I for one welcome our new overlord.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Isn't the Idea of boards that there is no real leader? Only a Mod to keep things on track? This Forum isn't exactly tLL where there are 30+ people going to beers. Here anyone should be able to put forward the Proposal and people go if they want.

But Personally I couldn't care less I won't be going anyway :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Ah people can put forward proposals all right, but these things need some small bit of organising.
    I'm sure there's plenty of people who would happily go along to outings if invited, but never organise them themselves.

I personally think King was doing a great job :D

But I suppose people can then begin to rely on one person to do all the organising which is not fair on that person.

I dont think it should be a formal thing, just someone come up with an idea and run with it, following it through.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

CommieBaz wrote: »
    Just one question, leader Tut, how will this be enforced??

Ask the leader....which by popular choice is Tira at the mo ;)
    I for one welcome our new overlord.....

:confused:
    Isn't the Idea of boards that there is no real leader? Only a Mod to keep things on track? This Forum isn't exactly tLL where there are 30+ people going to beers. Here anyone should be able to put forward the Proposal and people go if they want.

mindazzler, this poll is only for a bit of fun. We are not trying to make anything official. It is kind of an insider joke (well between the regular attenders at the meet ups so you should start going to them to find out more). People often refer to me jokingly as the leader and I said that Tira should be it as she did a good job while I was on hols. Don't worry it is all for a bit of fun. The system of anybody making suggestions and organising things has and always will be in place. The meetups would be sh*t in my opinion if only one person organised them. I'm curious, why do you never intend on going? They are fun :( well I think they are anyway....but maybe I am alone in saying that.
    mik_da_man wrote: »
    I'm sure there's plenty of people who would happily go along to outings if invited, but never organise them themselves.

Good point, I never thought about it like that.
    mik_da_man wrote: »
    I personally think King was doing a great job :D

Thanks :) still haven't voted in the poll myself....I wonder who deserves my vote. Charm works every time though :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

It should be me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

I for one think our new master *cough*tira*cough* will lead us well in this new era :-D p.s. Some young person with out IDs outings would rock :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Who cares? Just do it the way ye are doing it now. If someone wants to do a "beers" let them post about it...there shouldn't be a "leader" or whatever. Kinda silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

oh no, it's not silly this is serious stuff :rolleyes:

This is a matter of life and death! A leader must be elected! I bet tira wud accept if we got her a crown or a tiara :-)

• Advertisement

magicianz wrote: »
    Some young person with out IDs outings would rock :-D

erm, wouldn't that be under-age people meeting random internet strangers? We don't want to end up on To Catch a Predator.

erm, wouldn't that be under-age people meeting random internet strangers? We don't want to end up on To Catch a Predator.

Well im the under age person and im ok with it xD + i cud easily get away from them (defensive fight style) and im not talking bout sum guys house up in some distant mountain range with no electricity :-P

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Who cares? Just do it the way ye are doing it now. If someone wants to do a "beers" let them post about it...there shouldn't be a "leader" or whatever. Kinda silly.

Vinta81 the poll is not meant to be taken seriously at all. It is just for a bit of fun and is kind of an insiders joke between Tira and I. (see my post to minidazzler).

Yes it is silly, and that is the whole point :D so how are you these days anyway? Haven't seen ya at a beers in ages :(

oh no, it's not silly this is serious stuff :rolleyes:

lol :D

I'm fine. I dunno guess they're not really my scene anymore, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

of course this is serious if suddenly a few thousand people go into this cork forum which is well possible with Web 2.0 and all that the person who wins this poll will have a serious job to do and could end up getting paid 30,000 a year

Imo i dont know why pedro isnt on the list.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Me neither.... Vote for Pedro

pedro.jpg

Pedro wrote:
    Well, when I came home from school my head started to get really hot. So I drank some cold water, but it didn't do nothing. So I laid in the bathtub for a while, but then I realized that it was my hair that was making my head hot. So I went into my kitchen and I shaved it all off. I don't want anyone to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

kingtut wrote: »

mindazzler, this poll is only for a bit of fun. We are not trying to make anything official. It is kind of an insider joke (well between the regular attenders at the meet ups so you should start going to them to find out more). People often refer to me jokingly as the leader and I said that Tira should be it as she did a good job while I was on hols. Don't worry it is all for a bit of fun. The system of anybody making suggestions and organising things has and always will be in place. The meetups would be sh*t in my opinion if only one person organised them. I'm curious, why do you never intend on going? They are fun :( well I think they are anyway....but maybe I am alone in saying that.

damn ye and ye're insider Jokes!!!:mad: That's it, I am in charge of everything. You are fired. :D

Yes. I don't understand... they say you're not allowed to have pinatas that look like real people, but in Mexico, we do it all the time.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

i so totally voted for princess lou

towel401 wrote: »
    Web 2.0 and all that

haha....

Think we've scared Tira off :(

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Think we've scared Tira off :(

Nah, she's just enjoying being back in her own country away from all the pasty white Irish people, if only for a while. All the more for her to be overwhelmed by once she logs on again! :D

Really... oops :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Vinta81 wrote: »
    pedro.jpg

pedro_lacks_political_experience_tshirt-p235660210169685956tdt5_210.jpg[

• Advertisement

Aodan83 wrote: »
    pedro_lacks_political_experience_tshirt-p235660210169685956tdt5_210.jpg[

So do most politicians, your point? :)

Advertisement