Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Judgment Day - Spoilers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

orestes wrote: »
    If he does he better lose, that guy has zero credibility as a champion at this point (not like he had much this time last year either though)

I dunno, CP Munk to win, then drop it to Umaga at One Night Stand? I could live with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Not trying to start any Hunter-bashing or anything, but just out of curiousity, when was the last time there was a ppv that he wasn't in? And no HBK either, must be the first time in a long time that neither of them was on a ppv card

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    Must be something with the chat with Vicki that'll happen. Be stupid to have Punk be world champ after already losing.

Are you on crack? That's EXACTLY how Edge won his first championship three years ago, after LOSING to Flair earlier on in the card!

Not trying to start any Hunter-bashing or anything, but just out of curiousity, when was the last time there was a ppv that he wasn't in? And no HBK either, must be the first time in a long time that neither of them was on a ppv card

Lads, Jesus! He's not even on the damn card and he's being mentioned in the thread. :D

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Are you on crack? That's EXACTLY how Edge won his first championship three years ago, after LOSING to Flair earlier on in the card!

It goes with Edge's character to do that though, doesn't go with pepsi-boys imo

It goes with Edge's character to do that though, doesn't go with pepsi-boys imo

I so want that bastid to fail wellness. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Gambra

Don't get the Punk bashing, he has the potential to do great things. He'll almost certainly win the title. Just hope they don't book him to lose it as fast and as crappily as he did last year..

Is it just me or is the commentary particularly awful tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

He got disqualified though, you would be with Umaga as champ, you hated him last year:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Christian costs Edge the title and Punk cashes in MITB and takes it from Jeff. Any takers??

• Advertisement

Gambra wrote: »
    Don't get the Punk bashing, he has the potential to do great things. He'll almost certainly win the title. Just hope they don't book him to lose it as fast and as crappily as he did last year..

Nobody gave a crap about his title reign. There's a big deal between headling little league ROH and the big time. :)

super-rush wrote: »
    Christian costs Edge the title and Punk cashes in MITB and takes it from Jeff. Any takers??

Vince Russo is alive and well and is coming to boards.ie PW for inspiration!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Is it just me or is the commentary particularly awful tonight?

was thnking the same from what ive seen although apart from JRs "who fed you that line" quip i think they have been poor alround recently

If Jeff wins and then loses it to CM Plank it would be a very good idea for everyone to get out of the way while I explode. Just warning ya in advance folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

GAB 2007 last time Trips wasn't on a PPV if anyone cares. :)

And yes, commentary is horrific tonight. Like, really, really bad.

Nobody gave a crap about his title reign. There's a big deal between headling little league ROH and the big time. :)

I supposed I'm biased as I have loved him since watching the ROH matches a few years back and seeing that the whole straight edge isn't just merely a gimmick (me being straight edge as well)

Rjd2 wrote: »
    He got disqualified though, you would be with Umaga as champ, you hated him last year:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Doesn't matter, a loss is a loss.
    And Umaga would be a more credible champ than CP Munk in my honest opinion. :)

Nicely put together spot that imo

Edit: actually, on replay, not really. Move along folks, nothing to see here

<_<

Not really, ratings were much better when he was champ than internet darling Chris Jericho, plus even Hunter had bad ratings last year. He also was very well protected when he lost the belt.

• Advertisement

Nicely put together spot that imo

Edit: actually, on replay, not really. Move along folks, nothing to see here

<_<

Was still nice to see Jeff run the rail without nearly falling off it. :D

Vince Russo is alive and well and is coming to boards.ie PW for inspiration!

I'm the eternal optimist

Was half expecting Jeff not to make the count there and Punk to come down.

They're certainly setting it up for Punk to cash in, what with how much they're wrecking their bodies. :P

I'm the eternal optimist

If that's your idea of optimism I'd hate to think of your idea of pessimism :p

Edit: Ah feck

amacachi wrote: »
    Was half expecting Jeff not to make the count there and Punk to come down.

They're certainly setting it up for Punk to cash in, what with how much they're wrecking their bodies. :P

Well that's underwhelming... doesn't look like anything will happen either. 2hrs 45 has been standard finishing time.

Superplex to finish?:confused:

• Advertisement

Superplex to finish?:confused:

It was supposed to be a top rope Edgecution I think but got botched

Cure for insomnia folks! Night!

It was supposed to be a top rope Edgecution I think but got botched

Yeah, first I thought it was a botched superplex, looking more like a ****ty edgecution. Really flat end to the match, don't think the crowd thought it was going to finish.

So am I the only pissed of they wasted three hours on that? :(

Yeah, first I thought it was a botched superplex, looking more like a ****ty edgecution. Really flat end to the match, don't think the crowd thought it was going to finish.

Yup, very bad way to end the match alright, not to mention the ppv as a whole.

6/10 ppv, but just cos I'm feeling generous

• Advertisement

Rjd2 wrote: »
    So am I the only pissed of they wasted three hours on that? :(

It's WWE! They've yet to have a decent PPV since No Way Out! Are you really that surprised?

Maybe next time

What an awful end.. Was really hoping something to happen after that.. Could tell the crowd were expecting something too.. **** it, another useless WWE PPV.. Hasn't been one spectacular one this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

The first half of it was grand, enjoyable enough. Went the way of the Hindenburg after Santino.

It's WWE! They've yet to have a decent PPV since No Way Out! Are you really that surprised?

Backlash was pretty decent to be fair. Tonight finished poorly, the weakest three matches were last which was not a good thing. Its a pity because the Jeff v Edge match at the Rumble was great. :(

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    The first half of it was grand, enjoyable enough. Went the way of the Hindenburg after Santino.

Yep, Stick Santino on any show and he's liable to send it spiralling down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

First half of the show was miles better than the second half, Should of turned something else on after Jericho match which was the plan,

Damn you all and your talks of a MITB cash in! kept me watching that boring crap. *shakes fist*:)

I know Flair is loved by many but really just go away. Its bad enough Shane killing Legacy but this old fart? :(

Yep, Stick Santino on any show and he's liable to send it spiralling down!

Ah now I know your just talking balls, Santino's gimmick is fantastic :D:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Its been a pleasure folks but the buzz of wwe has gone for me

Its just boring and really silly now

Some PM me when it gets exciting

Bye

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

WTF Flair back again :mad: He f$cking retired and got one of the best send offs ever

Matt costing Jeff the title again :mad: I really thought the Matt/Jeff feud was over - their I Quit match was the best ending to their feud :confused:

Gambra wrote: »
    Ah now I know your just talking balls, Santino's gimmick is fantastic :D:p

Not really, it's been the same old crap for two years. It was funny back in 2007, but the novelty died off a long time ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

solid if unspectacular ppv, certainly not backlash quality though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Good man, Shawn :)

Am I after starting a trend here or something? :)

Didn't see the PPV, had an early enough night, will check out the Mysterio-Jericho match alright. I don't know what they're doing with CM Punk, they really just don't seem to know what to do with him. Giving him the MITB this year, I thought they were doing it to make up for last years semi-disaster, but they seem to be heading straight down that road again...

Gerard.C wrote: »

Please do not confuse my sarcasm with trendsetting, as you will only be setting yourself up for disappointment.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    solid if unspectacular ppv, certainly not backlash quality though

I really don't see how you can justify using solid as a description for the PPV. The first match was good, the second match was great. We had a dire Miz/Santino segment and it went snowballing towards the general direction of hell afterwards in my honest opinion with a pointless Big Slow/Cena Match (fair enough, Cena might need to be built back up, but Cena has defeated Big Slow on a few occasions over the years and does anyone really give a f*ck about Paul Wight anymore anyway?)

The ending to the WWE title was an atrocity, while the ending to the WHC match was just plain underwhelming.

So i'm very interested in hearing your counter, rossie. Please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

ffs i have never seen a man moan and complain about WWE more than Sean "VR!" Raven. Jesus Christ Sean or whatever your name is, why do you bloody stay up to 4am to watch WWE if you just moan and complain about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

No Taker either!
    Not really, it's been the same old crap for two years. It was funny back in 2007, but the novelty died off a long time ago.

I think that has more to do with what spots the wwe put him in rather than his performance in them... I mean he has done some truly horrible skits but his performance in them makes them passable.

ffs i have never seen a man moan and complain about WWE more than Sean "VR!" Raven. Jesus Christ Sean or whatever your name is, why do you bloody stay up to 4am to watch WWE if you just moan and complain about it?

1. Because i don't know if it's going to be crap or not, i don't know about you, but i for one, can't see the future.

2. Your post was uncalled for, abusive and non constructive, and earned you a nice red card to your profile!

3. Do it again to me, or anyone else on the forum and you'll get a ban.

• Advertisement

Gerard.C wrote: »

Didn't see the PPV, had an early enough night, will check out the Mysterio-Jericho match alright. I don't know what they're doing with CM Punk, they really just don't seem to know what to do with him. Giving him the MITB this year, I thought they were doing it to make up for last years semi-disaster, but they seem to be heading straight down that road again...

I still think their is life in the Punk and Umanga thing, so I its possible Punk may get a win on SD or the next PPV, which is extreme rules.

Advertisement