Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Judgment Day - Spoilers

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Degag wrote: »
    No Taker either!

I actually liked the fact that there was no HBK, HHH or Taker in the PPV. Let's face it, it could be the shape of things to come in the next 1-2 years anyway.
    I think that has more to do with what spots the wwe put him in rather than his performance in them... I mean he has done some truly horrible skits but his performance in them makes them passable.

I can't agree there at all. Santino, to me, is the same old crap inside a different box week after week. The element of surprise for comedy with that guy has gone for years. Now you can almost predict what what's next the second his crappy opera theme hits.

And if Miz's "Quack Quack Quack" is the bet he can do for the "What, What, What" chants, he's far from Angle in terms of reaction.

In fact, he has a very long way to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭DinnyBatman

funny

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I still think their is life in the Punk and Umanga thing, so I its possible Punk may get a win on SD or the next PPV, which is extreme rules.

I gotta agree with you here. Punk/Umaga and Batista/Orton for that matter might be pretty good for the next PPV when weapons are involved.

Orton is great at taking weapons shots. Anyone remember the match he had with Foley at Backlash 2004? And Orton has come on in leaps and bounds since then too! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I actually liked the fact that there was no HBK, HHH or Taker in the PPV. Let's face it, it could be the shape of things to come in the next 1-2 years anyway.

I can't agree there at all. Santino, to me, is the same old crap inside a different box week after week. The element of surprise for comedy with that guy has gone for years. Now you can almost predict what what's next the second his crappy opera theme hits.

And if Miz's "Quack Quack Quack" is the bet he can do for the "What, What, What" chants, he's far from Angle in terms of reaction.

Well, as "comedy" goes in WWE, he's on top of the list by a big margin...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Yep, his promo last night was the definition of cheap heat, anybody would have got booed if they spent ten minutes running down the cities local sporting hero and team.
    Morrison is slowly beginning to get over as a face, he got a very nice pop when he won. It is encouraging to see, hopefully they wont drop the ball on him.

• Advertisement

Not much competition to be fair.:pac:

Hardly a big margain when there isn't much in the way of competition.

Damn, beaten to it. But i have to agree, it's not saying much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

yep I remember the orton - foley fight it was good alright. what would make a good fight with orton would be to ban legacy from the ring and no disqualification at all. bar if legacy interfered the contender would win the title automatically

paconnors wrote: »
    yep I remember the orton - foley fight it was good alright. what would make a good fight with orton would be to ban legacy from the ring and no disqualification at all. bar if legacy interfered the contender would win the title automatically

Weapons inside the cage. Like one of the rounds of the 3 stages of hell between HHH and Austin at No Way Out 2001. Although it wasn't supposed to be that way (HHH brought em in as the cage was lowering), it worked out to be a lot better than it should have done. So it can work if done right.

That said. TNA then took that idea and went overkill with it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Hopefully its the shape of things to come a lot quicker than that.

• Advertisement

Hardly a big margain when there isn't much in the way of competition.

Damn, beaten to it. But i have to agree, it's not saying much.

True:D

He just cracks me up every time:D

Me too.

Maybe it is the fact that there has been no one that has brought humour as well as he had in the last while.

I always loved comedy in wrestling, like eddie when he was trying to get chyna not to do playboy, or when Cena used to have some hillarious raps.

True:D

You must be easily amused. I bet you still find re-runs of Friends and Scrubs funny too, don't you? ;)

Santino lost me after "he made me watched the condemned, i say no-no-no!", that was the last time i laughed at anything he did.

And even then, i was probably drunk off my ass at that stage anyway. :)

C-B-G wrote: »
    I always loved comedy in wrestling, like eddie when he was trying to get chyna not to do playboy, or when Cena used to have some hillarious raps.

I am all for it in moderation, really I am.

Eddie was funny because he'd have something different each week
    Cena's raps were different and took the piss out of everything each week.

Santino, it's just the same crap, different wording. And i honestly think it's because he's run his course.

You must be easily amused. I bet you still find re-runs of Friends and Scrubs funny too, don't you? ;)

Santino lost me after "he made me watched the condemned, i say no-no-no!", that was the last time i laughed at anything he did.

Scrubs has its moments, Friends is a big no no...

Anyway, i don't know, different strokes, different people. Surely you got a laugh out of his "rapping song?!"

Scrubs has its moments, Friends is a big no no...

Anyway, i don't know, different strokes, different people. Surely you got a laugh out of his "rapping song?!"

As i refrain from comment, I walk out the door, with a slip of paper with your address on it in one hand, and a 5lb claw hammer in the other hand.

You'll be out of your misery soon, it's ok, really, trust me! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Not really, it's been the same old crap for two years. It was funny back in 2007, but the novelty died off a long time ago.

Well he got something resembling offense in during this latest appearance. Hopefully he will start a wrestling feud with Miz or Chavo. I think the fans could really get behind a face Santino slowly turning into a competent wrestler. Surely they will have to mix some seriousness with his comedy after getting attacked by two people.

dsmythy wrote: »
    Well he got something resembling offense in during this latest appearance. Hopefully he will start a wrestling feud with Miz or Chavo. I think the fans could really get behind a face Santino slowly turning into a competent wrestler. Surely they will have to mix some seriousness with his comedy after getting attacked by two people.

That wouldn't take them long either if they did that. Because either from a rovert post, a Fozzy post or a rossie post. Santino actually can work! They just dumbed him down to highlight his mic work. But now that's as stale as last months loaf, it's time to move him up. Especially if they are trying to push newer talent.

dsmythy wrote: »

Yes hopefully, As entertaining as (i think) he is, the giimck can't last forever... they need to develop him as you said... i think they will too as the WWE seem pretty big on Santino.

That wouldn't take them long either if they did that. Because either from a rovert post, a Fozzy post or a rossie post. Santino actually can work! They just dumbed him down to highlight his mic work. But now that's as stale as last months loaf, it's time to move him up. Especially if they are trying to push newer talent.

It is going to take a lot of work for Santino to be taken seriously in the ring seeing as he has lost to the whole roster in the last few years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Gambra

Not really, it's been the same old crap for two years. It was funny back in 2007, but the novelty died off a long time ago.

I've only just gotten back into WWE since giving up around 2002 so it's still pretty damn funny to me. Maybe not to those of you who've been watching him do the same thing for the last while.

It is going to take a lot of work for Santino to be taken seriously in the ring seeing as he has lost to the whole roster in the last few years.

So did Bob Holly but that didn't stop em from putting him in the world title picture in 2004! And did anyone think HHH would have multiple title wins in December 1995 when he was having pig crap shoved into his mouth?

As Vince says... "ANYTHING Can happen!"

No sh*t?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Probably work better to do it slower though, have him looking completely shocked when a move actually comes off. :P
    I dunno about yous but whether he can work well or just ok I don't really care, I'd rather see anyone on the show who can wrestle, wrestle.

Gambra wrote: »
    I've only just gotten back into WWE since giving up around 2002 so it's still pretty damn funny to me. Maybe not to those of you who've been watching him do the same thing for the last while.

To me, this was funny:

Kevin Nash screaming to Bischoff about not being able to get enough guys off a Dialysis machine to assemble a team in 1996, referring to WCW's former WWE oldies roster.

John Cena's raps from 2002-2004

Rock's promos from 1998-2002

By comparison, Santino is, well... quite frankly, just lame. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Gambra

To me, this was funny:

Kevin Nash screaming to Bischoff about not being able to get enough guys off a Dialysis machine to assemble a team in 1996, referring to WCW's former WWE oldies roster.

Actually I've just been watching Raw's from 1996 and the whole "Billionaire Ted's Wrasslin Warroom" stuff wasn't funny but very underhanded digs at the WCW (like the pretty overt insinuation that there's no drug testing in the WCW and the stars are actively encouraged to take them)

amacachi wrote: »
    Probably work better to do it slower though, have him looking completely shocked when a move actually comes off. :P
    I dunno about yous but whether he can work well or just ok I don't really care, I'd rather see anyone on the show who can wrestle, wrestle.

Well as Shawn said, he is a good worker... there are a few youtube videos floating around somewhere.... He was an absolute beast in OVW (at least that's where i think he was) He went under a different name though... Was it Leviathan by any chance?:confused:
    To me, this was funny:

John Cena's raps from 2002-2004

Rock's promos from 1998-2002

By comparison, Santino is, well... quite frankly, just lame. :)

See, thats why its so subjective because i never liked Cena's raps and Rock's stuff got old on me way faster than Santino's is ATM... I was never a fan of the rocks though..... I can however appreciate him for his mic and ring work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

I personally find this very insulting to the poster, so what if people like Santino. So what if someone finds Friends and Scrubs funny, this is uncalled for insulting some in this way ;) (i added this wink so my honest view is deemed a funny joke so i cannot get banned)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Morrison Vs Benjamin and Jericho Vs Rey were great!!

And on the santino topic, cant stand all the cross dressing crap they have done lately, waste of time imo, he can still be classic though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭currythis

Thought it was a decent enough event.
    The matches that I expected to be good ie swagger v christian, mysterio v jericho,punk v umaga,morrison vs shelton and edge vs hardy didn't let me down.
    The stuff I knew would be crap ie ****ista v orton and cena v show i changed the channel so as not to get pissed off!

I think the the miz is pretty entertaining as a heel on the mike and the segment wasn't half as bad as the santina/khali one from backlash.

the extremely negative reaction to this event from some posters here is a little harsh in my opinion also.maybe some of the afore-mentioned posters are too 'smart' for their own good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I really don't see how you can justify using solid as a description for the PPV. The first match was good, the second match was great. We had a dire Miz/Santino segment and it went snowballing towards the general direction of hell afterwards in my honest opinion with a pointless Big Slow/Cena Match (fair enough, Cena might need to be built back up, but Cena has defeated Big Slow on a few occasions over the years and does anyone really give a f*ck about Paul Wight anymore anyway?)

The ending to the WWE title was an atrocity, while the ending to the WHC match was just plain underwhelming.

So i'm very interested in hearing your counter, rossie. Please :)

i thought the miz segment was good, i am really enjoying Miz's mic work, it dragged a little but i certainly wouldn't say that segment was dire

all the matches on the card imo were ok to good, there was no stand out match like we have had in the last 3-4 ppvs, edge and jeff was a good match, i didn't have a problem with the ending myself; sometimes cheap finishes are needed, i was stunned rey beat jericho clean and umaga beat punk clean, where this leaves both men is now the question. the ending of batista/orton was poorly written i have to agree, especially given the fact they used that same stunt only a year ago during ortons last reign, there is dozens of other ways that match could have finished if they were going the DQ route but the one they picked was stupid

everyone knows what to expect from a big show match these days, cenas storytelling during the match made it at least watchable, to answer the question vince cares about paul wight, he pays him $1 million a year :mad:

I personally find this very insulting to the poster, so what if people like Santino. So what if someone finds Friends and Scrubs funny, this is uncalled for insulting some in this way ;) (i added this wink so my honest view is deemed a funny joke so i cannot get banned)

I'm sure if the "poster" found it insulting he'd say so himself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Dsclaimer: Didn't pay for the PPV last night, didn't see much chance of it topping backlash which i thought was great. I haven't watched any matches yet.

From reading the results Judgement day counts as a solid event. Just not worthy of paying money to watch. Nothing really happened, feuds were set up to continue, nothing was finished. It was more like a longer smackdown than a PPV.

For me it has set up the extreme rules PPV well. Ideally Punk would of lost by DQ and taken out Umaga with a chair setting up an extreme rules match but the cheap finishes planned for other matches tied their hands. Looks like Jeff is going, maybe a loser leaves wwe match, why else get matt involved. Don't understand Flair turning up at all.

Well as Shawn said, he is a good worker... there are a few youtube videos floating around somewhere.... He was an absolute beast in OVW (at least that's where i think he was) He went under a different name though... Was it Leviathan by any chance?:confused:

Open to correction but he was a russian charachter named boris alexiev.

I think Leviathan was Batista, maybe the tatoos got mixed up.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    all the matches on the card imo were ok to good, there was no stand out match like we have had in the last 3-4 ppvs, edge and jeff was a good match, i didn't have a problem with the ending myself; sometimes cheap finishes are needed, i was stunned rey beat jericho clean and umaga beat punk clean, where this leaves both men is now the question.

everyone knows what to expect from a big show match these days, cenas storytelling during the match made it at least watchable, to answer the question vince cares about paul wight, he pays him $1 million a year :mad:

I like Cena and have no problem with him winning and going back into the main event but the finale of that match was awful. The story throughout the match that he could not hit his power moves on Show was great, but then he hulks up and hits the FU and strolls out the ring in better condition than when he entered it?
    The Rey and Jericho will go on for a while which makes sense as it was the best match of the night, Chris will get his win back. I dunno about Punk, in the last few weeks he has lost clean to Umanga, Kane but gone over Edge clean.:confused:

I like Cena and have no problem with him winning and going back into the main event but the finale of that match was awful. The story throughout the match that he could not hit his power moves on Show was great, but then he hulks up and hits the FU and strolls out the ring in better condition than when he entered it?
    The Rey and Jericho will go on for a while which makes sense as it was the best match of the night, Chris will get his win back. I dunno about Punk, in the last few weeks he has lost clean to Umanga, Kane but gone over Edge clean.:confused:

My thoughts are I thought kane(who is where now?) beat punk for punk to come out on top in the end. I guess they figured it made more sense to use umaga who has helped jeff get over as a main event contender. Umaga can probably have a better set of match's than Kane now.

Beating edge? maybe this was a way of making up for losing to kane.

I shouldn't overlook what beating punk does for umaga, he just beat Mr MITB in his home town, a guy who has beaten the world champ a few weeks ago. There are two guys to look after in this feud and Umaga is only just coming back so needs to be pushed.

• Advertisement

Yeah I am not too annoyed about it because Umaga needed a win to establish himself on his return; it’s just odd that Punk has jobbed in two consecutive PPVS. I do think if they have any sense their will be a few more matches in the pipeline. Their match was much better than Punk vs. Kane at Backlash but I suppose that is to be expected.;)

Gambra wrote: »
    Actually I've just been watching Raw's from 1996 and the whole "Billionaire Ted's Wrasslin Warroom" stuff wasn't funny but very underhanded digs at the WCW (like the pretty overt insinuation that there's no drug testing in the WCW and the stars are actively encouraged to take them)

Turner actually put out a cease and desist order over that because Vince got so mean spirited in later ones. The first couple were funny, but once the insinuation of lack of testing for steroids (despite the fact that Vince himself had only signed Ahmed Johnson a few months earlier and rehired the Warrior), as well as him spending his investors money to fund WCW.

Something most people actually sided with Turner for too.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Open to correction but he was a russian charachter named boris alexiev.

I think Leviathan was Batista, maybe the tatoos got mixed up.

Yeah, your right i'd say mate....

And you earn yourself a ban for backseat modding and trying to be a general smartass! Well done, didn't you do well? ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just finished watching the ppv. The Umaga/Punk match was a good opener (suprised Punk lost) , Swagger/Christian was pretty good aswell , Benji/Morrison was a great match and so was the Y2J/Rey match. I skipped most of the WWE Title match , Why is Flair back again , surely he is not back for good since he has a show with ROH coming up iirc (or has it happened already) and he cant wrestle anymore but at least he will be on Raw then :). Skipped the Cena/Big Show match aswell was had no interest in it. The Edge/Hardy match as ok , i think it shows that Jeff is looking tired imo. I was hoping Matt wouldnt get involved since i thought the rivalry was over since Backlash. Maybe they did it so they could write off Jeff Hardy just incase he doesnt re-sign , eg they could say he suffered a serious concussion or something

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭currythis

So is flair coming back to wrestle or do you reckon he'll be batista's manager or something?
    I'd love a double heel turn by flair(if he is going to be dave's manager) and a returning triple h.

I am all for it in moderation, really I am.

Eddie was funny because he'd have something different each week
    Cena's raps were different and took the piss out of everything each week.

Santino, it's just the same crap, different wording. And i honestly think it's because he's run his course.

Santino will no doubt become unwatchable for me eventually, like everything, but at the moment for me the whole santina thing was a new lease of life.
    Sure, the star wasnt shining as bright as what it was at first, but i thought it was a bit of fun and would much rather him messing around during a womans match than acually watching one. (that is, unless trish, lita or mikie is in it. Yum :p)

My missus loves Santino, Santina and Hornswoggle. She thinks Jo Mo is cool (Or Hot if she told the truth), thinks Edge/Show/Viki was great fun. I think we tend to forget wwe want to appeal to people who wouldn't be into wrestling classics or crazy spots.

With that in mind I won't whine about santino/santina because it does serve a purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Evilsbane

Just finished watching the ppv. The Umaga/Punk match was a good opener (suprised Punk lost) , Swagger/Christian was pretty good aswell , Benji/Morrison was a great match and so was the Y2J/Rey match.
    WHAT!? the Rey/Y2J match was godawful - did you see Rey no-selling Y2J's headbutt? And the 619 is absolutely the most contrived finisher ever - how often during a single match can a man end up propped up on the middle rope? Rey needs a new finisher. In fact, ALL his moves are starting to look tired.
    The Edge/Hardy match as ok , i think it shows that Jeff is looking tired imo. I was hoping Matt wouldnt get involved since i thought the rivalry was over since Backlash. Maybe they did it so they could write off Jeff Hardy just incase he doesnt re-sign , eg they could say he suffered a serious concussion or something
    That match was good but TBH all the best matches were on at the start of the PPV. The Shelto/Morrison match in particular - Morrison really deserves a push after this. Plus, I never before realised how good a hoss Umaga is: he's big but he's relatively fast, and can really sell moves.

The middle of the show was pathetic though, really. Cena/Show and Batista/Orton both ended ridiculously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

coz of exams im only gettin around to watchin this now, jo mos match was awesome, i know it had a few botches but was still class, i think we are definatley lookin at the future right there (i really hope so, im not the only one who thinks jo mo is like a young HBK im sure) i was rediculously annoyed at the batista vs orton match.....completely re using the finish, sure wasnt it the same ref as that cena match? rediculous!

coz of exams im only gettin around to watchin this now, jo mos match was awesome, i know it had a few botches but was still class, i think we are definatley lookin at the future right there (i really hope so, im not the only one who thinks jo mo is like a young HBK im sure) i was rediculously annoyed at the batista vs orton match.....completely re using the finish, sure wasnt it the same ref as that cena match? rediculous!

Your not the only one.

Who was the ref?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Your not the only one.

Who was the ref?

http://www.wwe.com/shows/judgmentday/photos/wwetitle/ picture 18 you see him clearly, im useless with names!

Advertisement