Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ocean Race Docks & Village Map

Options
  • 06-05-2009 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭

I know there are 101 threads on the Ocean Race, so apologies to the MODs if I am annoying them by starting another, but the subject is a bit more specific and interesting and could be lost in the other threads....(I stand to be corrected though).

Supplement appeared in the Irish Indo today outlining details of the Race and therein can be found a map. Lots of interesting things in there and it gives people quite a bit of detail that has been missing in the other threads. I attach the same after a bit of scanning dont ya love days off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

thanks for that gavinlord, puts things into prespective. now i know what i'll be able to see from my balconies :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

That's all well and good, but where's the treasure buried?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The arrow points to number three. Shovels at the ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Does anyone know who's contracted to do the food-units/catering? Might be a few days work in it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭galvianlord

No idea Campbells or Lydons or someone like that.

In more worrying news I just noticed that DJs are slated to perform in a bar outside my bedroom window....not feckin happy at all about that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

In more worrying news I just noticed that DJs are slated to perform in a bar outside my bedroom window....not feckin happy at all about that!
    Why? You can have endless fun throwing your toilet water out the window.

Well not only are the DJs slated to perfrom "until late" outside my bedroom window there is also a wonderfully atmospheric and scenic arrangement of public toilets to be erected outside my kitchen window!!! :eek:

....all is not as rosy as i first thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Well not only are the DJs slated to perfrom "until late" outside my bedroom window there is also a wonderfully atmospheric and scenic arrangement of public toilets to be erected outside my kitchen window!!! :eek:

You gotta take the good with the bad I guess. If it sickens you that much just rent the place out for the 2 weeks and go on a holiday (if I had a place down there that's what i'd do for definite)

i cant wait....i'll be waiting to take aim with the contents of my bedpan as you lounge about listenin to choons on your luxury cruiser, knockin back the bucky :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

gary82 wrote: »
    Does anyone know who's contracted to do the food-units/catering? Might be a few days work in it....
    There was an ad in the Sentinel yesterday advertising for bar staff.

• Advertisement

i cant wait....i'll be waiting to take aim with the contents of my bedpan as you lounge about listenin to choons on your luxury cruiser, knockin back the bucky :p

You'd want to have a good throw, the mooring is 800m from the dock gate and chances are we'll be lounging around the inner bay area if weather is nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Is there gonna be any sort of organised flotilla of boats heading out to the bay at any point? If so I'd love to get some details, I'd imagine that something must be happening :)

cornbb wrote: »
    Is there gonna be any sort of organised flotilla of boats heading out to the bay at any point? If so I'd love to get some details, I'd imagine that something must be happening :)

There will be of course internal organisation between the marshal boats and they will be going in convoy i'd imagine, but the private boats, no, nothing organised... they'll be doing their own thing completely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Careful now, your protest will become meaningless if you end up throwing the contents of the bedpan out your kitchen window and straight into the public toilets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Just a few snaps from the race so far. Can't wait to see these boats! :)

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/05/the_volvo_ocean_race.html

Sample:
    v19_00E40687.jpg

jesus.. extreme close up on no.9 photo!

Wow, 22 and 24 very powerful images to me

Advertisement