Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chelsea v Barcelona (Champions League Semi-Final)

Options
  • 06-05-2009 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all

What are you thoughts on tonights betting?

Like last nights game, I think this will also result in a number of cards, due to the fact that -

A. The referee Tom Henning is known for giving cards.
    B. The losing team will get frustrated and start getting sloopy/dirty as the game progresses.

Therefore I am thinking of making the cautious bet of laying 5 pts and under. This means if there is one red, I win, of if there are three yellows, I win.

I think it is reasonable to assume there will be more than three yellows, even if it is a draw by full-time.

What do you think?

What bets are you making tonight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Chelsea 4-1 is 75/1 with PP at the mo,if they can put 4 past Liverpool,they can surely put 4 past Barca's dodgy backline.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,395 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

they'll be a number of cards alright

if i was putting money on the first to be booked it would be ashley cole

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭paddyb125

I've put quite a bit on Barca to qualify @ 1.68 on Betfair. Chelsea never looked like scoring in the first leg and I think as soon as they try and go one up Barca will pounce. Its a huge advantage Barca are away, score one and Chelsea need 2. Excellent value bet imo!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭ingo1984

ive backed chelsea -1 at 9/2. just think chelsea will be really up for this game. Barcelona's defence is really dodgy, and with the small pitch at stamford bridge, it wont suit barca's style of play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

staying away from this, anything could happen with barca's dodgy defence and chelsea's dodgy goalkeeper. If i was to have a punt id go for over 3.5 goals or maybe at a push over 4.5!!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

26-46pts card index, 15/8 Boyles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Woo hoo. That's another €100 for me, thanks very much!

That was waaaay to close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Haha well done. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

paddyb125 wrote: »
    That was waaaay to close!

Very close! Well done though. Glad barca went through. What an exciting finish! :D

• Advertisement

Thanks guys! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Powers refunded all losing Chelsea to win on the night and to qualify bets :eek:.
    That must have cost them a bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Fair play to PP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Fair play to PP

Dont go thanking them too much - I backed chelsea 190 at 8/13 2 minutes after they scored and was told I was not entitled to my money back - when i asked was i entitled to my money back while betting in running i was told "that depends" then i think they had a look at the stake and concluded "no"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

john47832 wrote: »
    Dont go thanking them too much - I backed chelsea 190 at 8/13 2 minutes after they scored and was told I was not entitled to my money back - when i asked was i entitled to my money back while betting in running i was told "that depends" then i think they had a look at the stake and concluded "no"

That's regular practise though, they never refund the BIR bets, only bets placed before KO.

Thats what I thought, but I thought I'd inquire anyway since this return was not pre agreed by PP and I got the impression these refunds were adhoc - as when I asked I made it perfectly clear this bet was in running - in the end the reasoning behind the dismissal wasnt because the bet was in running, it was dismissed because this was "Live Betting" which I thought was very unfair, I got the impression that I would have received a refund if I placed the bet in running without it being "Live Betting" :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

You placed a losing bet to be fair.

CHD wrote: »
    You placed a losing bet to be fair.

I did and had completely accepted my loss until I seen advertised by Paddy Power - and I quote:

"Anyone who backed Chelsea to win in 90 minutes or to qualify for the Champions League final will get their money back."

My point is that I backed them to win in 90 mins

Advertisement