Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which option would you pick?

Options
  • 06-05-2009 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

Lets say that you want to buy and have found the place where you want to live. The house has been discounted quite a few times and you know its for you.

Which one would you pick - given the mindset that you want to buy?

A: Turn up with a mortgage approved for 30% less than asking price and waive it in their face and see how quickly they snap your arm off?
    B: Find out that the developer will discount the house price by the amount of deposit required - no deposit to pay
    C: Mortgage is paid for 1 year plus no deposit to pay - as per option B
    D: Or another suggestion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I think I would want to pay a deposit to help avoid negative equity in the event of a protracted downturn, so I'd just try to drive down the sale price as much as possible before signing a contract. I think that is close to option A.

Advertisement